Caroline Foster Ad Prof Dip PC MBACP
67 Duffield Road
07790478311 / 07790478311
Welcome to my profile page.
Feeling comfortable about your choice of counsellor or psychotherapist is a welcome and positive feeling and having taken the first step in looking for support I am able to offer you:
- A free initial assessment. At your assessment you will have the opportunity speak with me about your needs for change, your hopes and your expectations. You can then decide whether you would like to work with me as your counsellor or therapist.
- A private consulting room where you will be offered a warm welcome, comfort and absolute discretion
- An opportunity for interactive sessions with visual and material aids drawing on all our senses to coach and challenge existing processes to enable understanding and growth
- Early Bird appointment times (7.30am - 9.30am)
- Evening appointment times (4-00pm to 8-30pm)
- Daytime and Weekend appointments
- Professional accreditation and Registration
- Fee scale starting with a concessionary rate of £20 per session (see below)
- Additional discretionary rate for those in hardship (limited places)
- I offer long-term and short-term person centred integrative talking therapy utilising nature, art and literature where appropriate, with an holistic interest in your hopes for change. greatest reason for seeking support is that it is easier working with a professional than by yourself.
I have helped clients find peace and a brighter future through learning to understand, accept, embrace and incorporate a wide variety of Life Events which have previously left a shadow , and the most common issues which emerge and for which people seek help are:
- Self-Confidence and Self-worth/self esteem
- Sexual violation, sexual and emotional abuse
- Lack of motivation
- Stress and Anxiety including Autistic/Aspergers Spectrum traits
- Panic attacks, trauma
- Feelings of Sadness, Depression, Low or Changeable Mood, Melancholia
- Life events are things such as career change; relationship issues including relationship breakdown or divorce; changes relating to childbirth, conception or difficulties with realising your hopes for your family; injury; illness; death.
- Waiting for GP referral
.... and more ....
As a qualified hypnotherapist too my clients can benefit from relaxation and hypnotherapy as a stand alone treatment, or as part of ongoing therapeutic process.
If you would like to find out more, discuss your needs and find out how best I can help you, please call me direct on 07790478311 Or email me through this site.
What kind of therapy do I offer?
I am an Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counsellor, working with my clients to actively and empathically understand their difficulties and help them to find their solutions. Integrative therapy allows for unparalleled flexibility in approach. It offers the opportunity for communication between myself and you to be opened up in a way that can help you to gain understanding and acceptance as you move into a brighter future, at a pace that is appropriate to you. Integrative therapy is wholly adaptable and can be reactive as well as proactive in the work you feel you need to do at any given session.
So, what is an Integrative model? It is a type of training that allows a therapist to tailor the therapy more specifically to the client's needs. The counsellor is trained in a number of theoretical areas, such as transactional analysis (TA), cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), Gestalt, Person Centred Counselling. Creativity can be applied in this therapeutic model and that allows for your creative expression to emerge too, and to align with your regained sense of self, personal expression, and autonomy.
Integrative counselling means that different theories learned in training can be used independently or collectively, dependent upon your needs. If, at the start, you have no desire to explore your childhood, then that is okay. If you then subsequently change your mind, that is okay too, and it can happen in a way which specifically meets your needs.
At the heart of my therapy is the relationship between myself as the therapist, and you, my client. Therapy can bring some difficult subjects to the surface, but this exploration is part of your ability to make sense of your experiences, to come to terms with them and to understand them so that you can find comfort and value in your future.
Whichever therapeutic model you choose you will need to feel you can take the journey side by side with your therapist and feel that in the hardest of times they will know how best to help you make sense of it all.
As an integrative therapist I have the ability to apply the most effective approaches with your solution being my focus, supporting your unique requirements for transformation, acceptance, or simply understanding, and tailoring your sessions specificaly to your needs as you progress.
Training, qualifications & experience
Registered member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy)
Accredited Member of The National Counselling Society
Advanced Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Distinction with Honours) course accredited by the Royal College of Nursing.
Diploma in Hypnotherapy (Distinction) course accredited by the Royal College of Nursing.
4 years experience of Counselling at Derby Women's Centre
Experienced in a wide range of Adult counselling areas.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
General Support through medical referral period
Menopause and life changes
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
£1 per £1000 income with a minimum concessionary charge of £20.00 and private fees ranging from £25 to a maximum of £60 per session. Example: You earn £26500 per annum: Your session fee £26.00
Discounts are available for sessions booked and paid for in blocks of 4 where the single session fee would be £45 or over
NEW * Single Session Problem Solver - Think Bright Future * charged on a sliding scale £2/£1000 of income
Student Fees £15.00
Hardship fees discussed at assessment.
Why do I charge this way? Making counselling services accessible and helping my clients reach their desired outcome, whether their needs are long term or short term, is key to what I do and if I can do that by offering a charging scale which is appropriate to the individual's income then I hope you will feel that I am achieving that.
We request payment be made in cash at your appointment.
Discretion, comfort, and value of experience for you, my client, are key to providing a high level of professional private tailored care.
There are regular buses to Little Eaton with stops within a three minute walk
FREE Street lit Roadside parking is readily available directly outside.
There are two shallow steps through from the roadside and a shallow threshold step into the building.
There is currently no private waiting area, so I would ask please that you arrive promptly to your appointment in order to maintain the privacy of all clients.
Therapeutic tools such as mindfulness books and beads, also Aroma therapy oils and diffusers, balms, soothing self-care products.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday 7.30am to 8.30pm. Weekends by arrangement.
Types of client