Brendan Mc Conville MA (Dis) Psych/Counselling, BACP reg.
1 Fairbridge Road
155A Leighton Road
07725 908138 / 07725 908138
I am a qualified Psychotherapist with over 25 years experience of working with a wide range of emotional issues including anxiety, addiction, bereavement, depression and relational difficulties.
I offer short/medium-term counselling sessions that focus on current unresolved or recent painful life events, which can be explored and talked through in a supportive, confidential and non-judgemental space. I also offer open-ended therapy working more from a psychodynamic perspective, recognizing that ongoing current problems and difficulties in the present can often be linked to earlier experiences.
Both short and medium term sessions as well as open-ended psychotherapy can be arranged according to your individual wishes and needs at the first consultation. This initial consultation will be an opportunity to meet and talk about the issues that you are seeking help with and look into how therapy may help you. There is no obligation on you to continue with therapy after this initial meeting.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have an MA with Distinction in Counselling & Psychotherapy from Goldsmiths University, London 2014 and my first degree at North London University in 1991 was a BA (Honours) Humanities in Hispanic Studies and Classical Civilization.
Additional training includes;
- Bereavement/Trauma/PTSD Training: Camden, City, Islington and Westminster Bereavement Centre 2013-2015.
- Effective Counselling, Effective Brief Psychotherapy; Understanding the Cycle of Depression, How to lift Depression; How to tell stories that Heal; The Fast Trauma and Phobia Cure; Addiction: Understanding how to stop addictive behavior; Understanding Autism: Mindfields College; Human Givens Diploma Courses in Psychotherapy: Regents Park College, London 2006-2007.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Introductory Course: London June 2004.
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy Training: London 2002.
- Diploma in Substance Misuse Motivational Interviewing Training: London 1998.
- Wide range of continual professional development in Psychotherapeutic, Substance Misuse and Mental Health fields.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Consultation and fees
To arrange an initial consultation or to ask any questions you may have you can contact me by post, telephone, text or email. Consultation fee is £40 with sessions costing from £45 to £55 depending on financial circumstances. Consultation and sessions last 50 minutes. There are further reduced fees available for those on a low income and/or benefits.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mornings,afternoons and evenings: Monday to Saturday