Barbara Gooch Ad. Prof. Dip. PC MNCS (Acc).
07791 051 359
I'm offering professional Counselling, Psychotherapy and Hypnotherapy for Individuals and Couples The therapy can be either in English or Polish.
I do understand that admitting we have a problem and don't cope very well can be very difficult. I can assure you that there is nothing wrong with that, we all have better and worse days in our live's. I have been on the receiving end and the idea of having completely "me time" and talking to somebody who can listen and won't judge, can be very powerful and very comforting. I understand that coming for therapy can be very overwhelming and my aim is to make that as comfortable as possible.
I like to work in an integrative style, I like to use different therapeutic models in order to understand and address your needs. I'm adapting the way I work using my personal insight and simply listening to you. After all it’s all about your needs, my role is only to assist you in the process of self-healing
I believe that the quality of a relationship between therapist and client is the most important factor. I like to create a safe and warm environment for my clients where they can relax, feel comfortable and then explore their difficulties. Ethics and professionalism is paramount, therefore I like to start with clear and precise boundaries. Being Polish allows me to provide therapy in dual languages.
Training, qualifications & experience
I'm working in the Children and Young Peoples Services, Suffolk County Council in Leiston Childrens Centre.
- ASIST ( Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training)- Living Works
- Counselling in Schools - MindED
- Channel General Awareness Module - College of Policing
- Prevent training course - HM Government
- Conflict Resolution and Breakaway Training - Ikon Training
- Drug Awareness Training -Ren Masetti
- Safeguarding Adults at Risk
- Getting intimate with a couples
- Key Strategies for Helping Hostile and Avoidant Couples Resolve Conflict
- Transactional Analysis 101
- Key differences between counselling adults and children/young people"- MindED
- What is counselling for children, young people and young adult - MindEd
- Awareness in Bereavement Care: The Foundation Course - Level 2 - Cruse Bereavement Care
- How to work with eating disorders- Certification
- Integrated Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling Ad.Dip.PC
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling Dip.PC
- Certified Fertility2Birth Practitioner
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills Dip.Hyp
- Professional Member of the National Counselling Society
- Professional Member of the National Hypnotherapy Society
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Fertility and Hypnobirth
Photos & videos
- Initial Consultation - £30
- Individual Counselling/ Psychotherapy - £40 - (60min)
- Couples Initial Consultation - £35 - (60min)
- Couples Counselling/ Psychotherapy Counselling - £60 - (90min)
- Suggestion Therapy / Hypnoanalysis - £ 50
- Stop Smoking - £150 program with a free follow up session.
- Hypnobirth - £150 per couple - £170 per couple in your own home
All sessions of Hypnotherapy are up to 1.5 hours or as long as you need except Stop Smoking Therapy which is a one off session and lasts between 2-3 hours.
The fee includes personalized recordings of suggestion therapy to reinforce positive changes for you to listen to between sessions.
I treat my clients as individuals so its difficult to predict how many sessions you will require. Although the average for suggestion therapy is between 1-3 sessions, it can take between 3-12 sessions in the case of more complex problems.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Week days 10am-9pm Weekends appointments are also available.
Types of client