Amanda Hart MBACP MNCH (Reg.) CNHC Reg.
St Peter's Close
Healthy Balance Clinic
51 High Street
01494 578686 / 07810 405525
Professional, caring and confidential counselling, clinical hypnotherapy and coaching for individuals, couples and groups/organisations. I provide support to my clients so that they can manage and deal with all sorts of issues encountered in their everyday life. I aim to help my clients to make the most of their strengths and resources in order to overcome difficulties they may be going through, or simply to help them be themselves… but even better. The types of issues that I help clients with include:
- anxiety, stress, panic
- Negative thinking, worry
- fears and phobias
- problem habits and addictions
- depression and low mood
- suicidal feelings and ideation
- eating disorders and body image
- self esteem and confidence
- relationship and communication issues
- coping with chronic pain or health problems
- lifestyle improvements
- performance improvement (sports, business, social etc.)
- managing conflict and anger
- workplace conflict resolution
I secialise in working with eating disorders including anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder and body dysmorphia, holding an Advanced Diploma from the National Centre for Eating Disorders (NCFED).
I am an Advanced Practitioner in Brainworking Recursive Therapy (BWRT®) - a powerful and rapid style of working that works with the brain's neuro-plasticity to enable people to achieve the changes they desire.
I have significant experience of working with people dealing with mental health issues and am a voluntary counsellor for Mind, the mental health charity (www,mind.org.uk).
I also offer a transformational life coaching programme for those wishing to solve specific problems or achieve specific goals. Using a combimation of personality profiling, goal setting and project management techiniques alongside therapeutic interventions makes this a powerful and motivational experience.
Training, qualifications & experience
I hold a Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling and I specialise in Solution Focused Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Transactional Analysis and Relationship counselling. The counselling methods that I use are systemic approaches, which means that they are helpful for working with individuals within the contexts of their environments and their relationships, but also in situations where there may be more than one person involved, for example working with couples, dyads, families, groups or teams.
I hold an Advanced Diploma in Treatment Skills for Eating Disorders from the National Centre for Eating Disorders (NCFED), including nutritional interventions.
I hold a Diploma in Clinical Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy (DHP) and am an Advanced Practitioner of Brainworking Recursive Therapy™ (BWRT®), a Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) and an Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) practitioner. I have completed specialist training in several areas including working with eating disorders, working with mental health disorders, managing the effects of physical conditions such as chronic pain, IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), Tinnitus, hypnotherapy for weight management, dealing with phobias and eliminating problem habits.
- I am a Registered Member (MBACP) of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) where my registration number is 084216
I am a Registered Member (MNCH Reg.) of the National Council for Hypnotherapy (NCH)
- I am registered with the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (registration number 001154-L10). The CNHC is the government accredited UK voluntary register for complementary healthcare practitioners (approved by the Professional Standards Authority).
- I continue to keep my skills up to date with further study and ongoing training; this, as well as my affiliation with BACP, NCH and CNHC means that I am able to remain current on regulatory matters pertaining to the use of Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy and to make sure that I am complying with all statutory requirements.
- I follow the BACP Ethical Framework and am bound by both the NCH and the CNHC codes of conduct.
- I have comprehensive liability insurance with a reputable professional insurance provider
- DBS enhanced certificate
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
Neuropathy/nerve pain/chronic pain
Fear and phobias
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
My fees depend on the practice location, please see my website for full, up to date fees and terms: http://www.lifeinsighttherapy.co.uk/contact-fees/
I offer concessions for young people aged 16-20 (or aged 13-20 for eating disorder therapy).
Both of my practice rooms are in private, comfortable and peaceful locations and provide free client parking. My Great Missenden clinic has a comfortable reception/waiting area with complementary hot drinks.
Evening sessions available at both locations
I offer a free initial consultation to help you decide if I am the right therapist for you.
Whilst I am happy to work with older teenagers and young adults, I do not work with children. The youngest age I work with is 16, except for eating disorders where it is 13.
Unfortunately, neither of my practices are currently fully accessible for disabled clients. My Loudwater practice has several steps up to the main door and my Great Missenden practice is located on the first floor with no elevator and a narrow flight of stairs. Please call me to discuss if this is of concern.
- Also registered with Hypnotherapy Directory
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I work on Weds & Fri in Loudwater and on Tues in Great Missenden. It may be possible to accommodate other needs. I offer evening appointments on Tues & Weds however these are in high demand.
Types of client