Paula Harvey MBACP Registered: Market Lavington GP Surgery, Melksham & Westbury
Edward Street Clinic
12 Edward Street
Family Chiropractor Centre
5 Spa Road
07910 362 365 / 01373 827 267
You may feel nervous about seeing a counselor however I encourage you to take the risk by providing a safe, strictly confidential, non judgmental and supportive space to explore your feelings which often brings a huge sense of relief. The process of counselling can help to reduce discomfort, feel less confused, empower you to make changes in your life, or come to terms with things that can't be changed. I believe that to offer counselling one needs to have experienced living with life's many challenges - invest in yourself today and make a difference to your life, you are worth it!
I offer a FREE 1/2 hour telephone consultation for new client's to ask any questions about how we would work together.
I also provide counselling in Market Lavington GP Surgery, near Devizes
GP Surgery address: High Street, Market Lavington, SN10 4AQ
PayPal payment available via my website - locations and fees page.
Referrals accepted from:
- Self Referrals
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Human Resource Departments
- Occupational Therapists
The true value of the cost of counselling may only be appreciated by those experiencing and feeling the benefit of the process.
"For so long I allowed the dark clouds of my everyday working life to be all consuming. You taught me to think differently, to focus on what is important and also to look after and be kind to myself. You have changed my life. Thank you"
"You have totally turned everything around for me and have helped me see a different approach to things. I know it's only your job but it goes without saying that you're definitely a professional in your field - once again a massive thank you"
"Without all your help you have provided me in 2012 & 2013 I wouldn't be where I am today"
"I feel like a different person you have changed my life - thank you!"
"I am so grateful for the help that you gave me and know that you played a big part in me getting through the worst few months of my life so thank you so much for all your time and effort."
"I can't believe how differently I feel about everything - thank you so much for your help, I honestly can not tell you how much you have helped me. I wish I had met you years ago!"
Genuine testimonials - no payment provided - names withheld to protect client confidentiality.
I work strictly to the British Association for Counsellors & Psychotherapy code of ethics receiving regular Supervision to ensure safe working practice and remain committed to my own personal development in order to provide the very best care and support to my Client's.
I tailor a wide range of theories to individual client's primarily:
"Humanistic - Person Centred" supporting the client within an honest and open therapeutic relationship - with the belief that every person has the internal resources they need for growth and or change.
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) - looking at how we think may affect how we feel & behave.
Psychodynamic - looking at how our past affects us in the present.
Transactional Analysis - we have 3 ego states of Parent, Adult & Child & can communicate from these - therapy can help to separate these ego states in order to gain insight, understand behaviour and gain control in our life.
Solution Focused Therapy - exploring choices open to the client.
These models can be integrated into the sessions.
The session is Client led, at our initial meeting we mutually decide to work together, however there is no obligation to continue after this meeting, if you decide that you would like to work with me we can look at what is most suitable for your needs. I offer short term usually 6-12 sessions either weekly or twice a week and long term therapy I aim to be flexible around individual client requirements, day, evening and a limited number of Saturday morning appointments offered depending on availability.
Training, qualifications & experience
- 6 1/2 years working in the NHS for GP surgeries
- 2 1/2 years working as a Volunteer for Swindon Wiltshire Alcohol & Drugs Service
- Corporate organisations
- Private Practice
Qualifications & Continued Professional Development:
- Advanced Clinical Weight Loss Practitioner 2016
- Existential Freedom - How to be real & find meaning
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency 2013
- Registered Member of BACP
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling studies
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Level 2 Certificate in Introduction to Counselling Skills
- Swindon Wiltshire Alcohol & Drugs Service - Voluntary Counsellor for 2 1/2 years
- Basic Life Support
- Disclosure Barring Service 2015 (previously CRB - Criminal Records Bureaux)
- Conflict training - Certificate
- Chronic Fatigue - Certificate
- Chronic Pain - Certificate
- Diabetes - Certificate
- Motivational interviewing - Association Psychological Therapies
- Working with People who Self-injure - Certificate
- Asperger Syndrome Awareness - Certificate
- Dementia training - Certificate
- Complex Needs Training - Certificate
- Diversity Awareness workshop
- Dreams and the Symbolic Dimension
- Working Collaboratively with risk
- Dual Diagnosis
- Safeguarding children 1 & 2
- Safeguarding Adults at Risk Recognition & Referral
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Adult survivors of childhood sexual, physical and emotional abuse
- Anger Related Difficulties
- Aspergers - Autism
- Chronic illness
- Counsellors in Training
- Emergency Service employees
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employment difficulties - Redundancy - Stress - Bullying
- NHS employees
- Personal Development
- Pet Bereavement
- Self injury
- Support for a family member whose loved one self-harms
- Supporting clients wanting to lose Weight
My standard fee for an individual 50 minute appointment is £40 payable with cash following the appointment, or via PayPal prior to the appointment on my website, locations & fees page.
I have a limited number of concessions for those financially constrained or counsellors' in training, please ask if they are available.
My aim is to provide affordable counselling during times of distress or for personal development.
An increasing number of Health Insurance Companies are including Counselling as part of their health & well being package, you may be able to claim back any payments made.
Less than 24 hours notice to cancel or failing to attend an agreed appointment will be charged in full. Payments made in advance are non refundable.
My philosophy is to offer client's a professional, quality and friendly service in a confidential, safe, non judgmental and supportive environment to explore feelings which can often bring a huge sense of relief. Counselling can help during difficult periods in life or for personal development. I believe "the therapeutic counselling process will help you to find out who you are as a person, separate from your family, partner and friends, what you need as an individual human being to feel fulfilled in life, find your sense of self and with that you can do anything!"
I aim to be flexible by offering day, evening and a limited number of Saturday morning appointments depending on availability. I would welcome the opportunity to work with you and encourage you to contact me.
If I am unable to answer your call immediately - I am likely to be working with a client - please leave a message on my confidential voicemail and I will return your call within 24 hours or alternatively email me at: email@example.com
I look forward to hearing from and working with you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I aim to be flexible by offering day, evening and a limited number of Saturday morning appointments depending on availability.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|