Mary Pelham, MSc Integ. Psych., UKCP Reg., MBACP Reg.
Malden Green Avenue
02083305895 / 07773289555
Worcester Park, Wimbledon, Sutton, Raynes Park, Epsom and Ewell, Kingston, SW London
I have 16 years experience as a counsellor and psychotherapist and offer confidential support and understanding to enable individuals and couples take the necessary steps towards coping with life's difficulties.
I provide brief counselling as well as more in-depth, longer-term individual therapy, couples counselling, CBT, solution-focussed brief therapy, group therapy, telephone counselling, young people's counselling, supervision, and coaching.
I work with a wide range of issues such as relationships; bereavement; depression; family issues; low self-esteem; anger management; stress and anxiety; trauma; health issues, abuse, adolescence, cross-cultural relationships (see full list below) and can incorporate mindfulness practice to assist you to you to live a calmer, more stress-free life.
I facilitate this work using a holistic approach which respects your values, difference and uniqueness and I will help you to understand your problems and to recognize your inner strengths and capacity for personal growth and change.
I abide by the professional Code of Ethics of UKCP, BACP and Metanoia Institute.
- 5 minutes from the A3, bus routes and Worcester Park Station (SW Rail).
- Plenty of free parking
- Daytime and evening sessions.
If you would like to find out if I am the right counsellor for you please telephone or e-mail. An initial session would enable you to see whether we are able to form a good working relationship and to further explore what you want from therapy before making any commitment.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc Integrative Psychotherapy (Middx University.Metanoia Inst)
- Post-graduate Certificate Integrative Supervision
- Post-graduate Certificate Integrative Counselling and Coaching (University of East London - ongoing)
- Clinical Diploma Integrative Psychotherapy (Metanoia Institute)
- Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (DTLLS)
- Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Humanistic Counselling
- Trainer (10 years experience)
- Bereavement Counsellor (13yrs experience)
- Certificate Attachment Theory
- Certificate Life Coaching
- Certificate Process Group Facilitation
- Counselling for young people
- Alcohol Counsellor
- Trauma counsellor with specialism in supporting survivors of rape, sexual abuse, violence
- Specialist experience of working with Domestic Abuse (12 years)
- Associate Lecturer Middlesex University
- Counselling Tutor - Level 4/5 Counselling Diploma
- Supervisor of individuals and groups (See "Supervisor" listing
- Personal Consultancy/coaching (see Life Coach Directory)
- MBSR - Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
- Postgraduate Certificate Personal Consultancy (Integrative counselling and coaching)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Telephone counselling
- Counselling for young people
- Supervision for counsellors and trainees
- Coaching /Counselling for weight loss, assertiveness, career change, etc.
- Group Therapy
- Training - workshops
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
- Person-centred therapy
- Psychoanalytical and psychodynamic
£50 per 50 min session (individual or group)
£70 per 1 hour session Couples
£55 " " Supervision (individual or group)
Performance Coaching/Personal Consultancy/groupwork available @ Mary Pelham Personal Consultancy - to be agreed according to your needs.
Concessions available to students and people on low income.
I am also an experienced trainer and facilitator.
Registered practitioner with BUPA and AVIVA.
(UKCP) UK Assocation for Counselling and Psychotherapy
I am a UKCP approved supervisor
(BACP) British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy - on the BACP Register of Counsellors
Metanoia Institute - Metanoia Primary Supervisor
(IFL) Institute for Learning
I abide the code of ethics of the above organisations
BACP Children and Young People Division
BACP Coaching Division (I am a network group organiser for the BACPC Central London group)
Assocation for Coaching
UKAPI (United Kingdom Association for Psychotherapy Integration)
Association of Integrated Coaching and Therapy Professionals (AICTP)
I am committed to continuing professional development
I am fully insured
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
8:00am - 8:00pm Monday - Thursday, 12:00pm - 6:00pm Friday
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am a UKCP registered psychotherapist and approved supervisor. I am a Member of BACP and also listed on their Register of Counsellors. I offer individual or group supervision to counselling and psychotherapy students as well as to more experienced therapists and coaches. I provide a safe, empathic space to assist ongoing professional growth, the development of reflexive practice, and will support you through your training and beyond and through the difficulties that may arise in your work.View supervision profile