Graham Allen Bsc (Hons) Psychology, Dip Psych, PGCE, Reg MBACP (Accred)
18b North End Rd
Emotional Health in The Age of Anxiety And Depression
- I have worked with a wide range of people on reducing anxiety, building self esteem and confidence.
- Problems with Technology Addiction
- Relationship Issues
- Exercise /Body issues
So you may have tried managing by yourself or talking to friend but....
Whilst Self Help is where most people start , it doesn't address what subtley stops us from making change in our lives. This is where Therapy can help. Life as we currently live it may be holding us back, but we cannot see where the blocks are. We are limited to what we can achieve on our own , Counselling and Psychotherapy places therapeutic relationship at the centre of change.
Is it time to reconnect?.....
- Anxious or depressed
- Addicted to the Internet/Technology
- Experiencing Panic
- Experiencing problems in your relationships
- Life losing it's sense of purpose
- Lonely and isolated
- Generally unhappy
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Stressed at work or fear redundancy or unemployment
- Suffering from grief or loss
- Looking for more fulfilment in life
- Coping with change
- Wanting to come to terms with painful experiences from the past
Most people who experience counselling and therapy find it beneficial. There is a unique benefit in talking to someone independent to you.
Emotions and feelings get frozen and in a sense "locked in a box" - we dare not open the box and may use all sorts of damaging coping mechanisms. We may resort to addictions, self soothers, alcohol, smoking, relationships may flounder or we simply do not understand what is happening to us, hence we may get angry and frustrated.
Is therapy for you?
We begin with an initial assessment to see if you feel counselling is for you.
This session is a mutual fact find and is a good way of getting a feel of how counselling and therapy works. It allows you to meet me and see if you wish to continue the work
I am an Accredited BACP member with 14 years experience in Counselling from individuals to small groups and also in commerce and sport. I studied Psychology as an undergradute , Counselling and Psychotherapy Post Graduate and also taught Psychology in Education.
When choosing a therapist it is the client /counsellor relationship which is the most important therapeutic factor to consider. Shorter term work may also be worth considering.
I am based in a therapy centre opposite Golders Green Tube Station
Training, qualifications & experience
BSc (Hons) Psychology.
Accredited Member British Association of Psychotherapy and Counselling BACP.
Diploma Counselling, Middx University.
Counsellor British College of Osteopathy and Medicine
Beyond the Couch, Institute of Psychoanalysis
Visiting Lecturer Beijing Union University
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Personality disorders
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
Photos & videos
£55 per 50 minute session Golders Green
Aviva Healthcare Accredited
- All or nothing?
- Life on screen?
- On not always knowing what is wrong ...
- Perfect Storm
- Technology and Intimacy
- Recording the Moment?
- Will the Film SHAME make us stop and think about Sex and Porn addiction?
- Rioting and Social Media
- The Background of White Noise
Experienced counsellor with thorough grounding in all models of counselling. I enjoy working dynamically with a wide variety of clients with an intial consultation to find out what you may be looking to gain from the work.
Whilst I am dedicated to the counselling world I always seek to keep a good balance of other outside interests incorporating the world of sport, leadership, commerce, music and philosophy.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday - Friday, daytimes and evenings. Weekend daytimes.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|