Sissel Marti FPC, UKCP reg.
07793370915 / 07793370915
Hello and welcome. My name is Sissel Marti, a counselling psychotherapist who works with individuals over 16 years old. I also provide supervision to colleagues and other professionals who wish to think and talk about their work in a confidential and neutral space.
Over the years I have gathered different tools for working with mental health or wellbeing issues; when someone seeks my help I can draw on CBT, Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, Mindfulness, Evidence-Based Psychological treatments, brief or short term therapy (a specific number of sessions usually less than 20, which is decided on at the beginning) and longer term therapy (when the end date is left open).
If you would like to find out more about having sessions with, me ask for a free initial consultation. You can call, text or e-mail me. If I'm not there, leave a message with your details so I can get back to you as soon as possible. Confidentiality and discretion are ensured.
Thank you for your time and interest. For more information about my approach to working with clients, please see my website www.counsellinghaslemere.co.uk.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Professional Training in the Therapeutic Use of Mindfulness;
- Postgraduate studies in Evidence Based Psychological Therapies, Charlie Waller Institute, Reading University;
- Certificate in Supervision, Westminster Pastoral Foundation (WPF);
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapist, professional member of the Foundation for Psychotherapy and Counselling (FPC) and registered with the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) and the Professional Standards Authority (PSA), and a member of the Council for Psychoanalysis and Jungian Analysis College CPJA);
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Studies Roehampton University;
- Certificate in Assessment Skills, BAP, London
- Post-qualifying certificate in CBT;
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling, University of Brighton;
- Bereavement Counsellor;
- Member of the Guildford Centre for Psychotherapy;
My experience spans the NHS, voluntary sector as honorary counsellor and intake assessor, student counselling and private practice as a counselling psychotherapist, training therapist to counselling students, and supervisor to trained counsellors, trainee counsellors and nursing staff.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
Free, no obligations, initial consultation.
My full fee is £45-60.00
Some short term, low fee of £20.00 sessions are available through the Guildford Centre for Psychotherapy low fee scheme.
*Dedicated, private consulting rooms with separate entrance;
*Confidential telephone line;
*Daytime, evening and Saturday appointments offered
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Norwegian, Swedish, Danish|
My working hours vary from early morning to evening. I also work Saturday mornings.
Types of client
Supervision & training