Rachael Bark, MBACP Accred. UKRCP. CPCAB Adv Dip.
As a qualified, experienced BACP Accredited Counsellor I offer professional support and help to individuals wanting to enter into a counselling relationship.
My aim is to work in a kind, empathic, and sensitive way. I have a broad range of experience working with emotional difficulty. I work with people from all walks of life, all ages and at all life-stages. My particular interest is in working with anxiety, burnout, depression and those feeling stuck, confused and fearful. I have a particular interest in trauma and its resulting impact on the body.
I offer a confidential counselling service in Glastonbury, Somerset.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Rachael Bark MBACP Accred Counsellor
Who comes for counselling and why?
There are many different reasons that people see a counsellor or psychotherapist for help and support. Some of the reasons could be:
• Coping with strong feelings
• Confusing thoughts and worries
• Depression & Post Natal
• Divorce or Separation
• Sexual Abuse
• Weight Issues - Eating Disorders
People are complex and come to counselling for as many reasons as one could imagine. In general, if someone is finding life hard to cope with, talking to a counsellor will be hugely beneficial.
Counselling can help you feel more supported, more in control and have more awareness of what shaped you.
People have counselling when they have experienced life changes, such as bereavement, job loss, change in circumstance, bullying, addictions, or are feeling strong emotions - loss, guilt, sadness, emptiness, fear. Counselling can help - talking and understanding can make things better.
Coming to a decision to get some support warrants congratulation in itself. To realise that you need some help with your feelings or thoughts requires insight and bravery. You may well have been thinking about seeing a counsellor for some time. Perhaps the time is now.
My aim "To make counselling understandable, accessible and affordable."
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling. Awarded by CPCAB
- Post Diploma Certificate in Couples Counselling
- Accredited member of BACP
- Registered member of UKRCP
- 7 month CBT training undertaken
- Training in Trauma, Dissociation and Recovery - Healing the Brain with Carolyn Spring
- Experience of short-term solution focussed work within the NHS ( 2 years)
- Couples and two-person counselling (husband-wife, mother-daugher, father-son etc)
- Approved Practitioner for Aviva Insurance
- Approved Counsellor for Hammett Street Consultants, Taunton, Somerset
- Approved Counsellor for WPA
- Approved Counsellor for The Retail Trust Charity
- Experienced of working with Emergency Services Staff - Police and Fire personnel
- Approved Counsellor for Police Firearms Officers Association
- Approved Counsellor for Anxiety UK
Hour-long counselling appointments.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
Photos & videos
£50.00 per hourly sessions
£55.00 for couples
Appointments at weekends or from 5:30pm are charged at £60
I look forward to hearing from you.
60 minute appointments
Easy parking, discreet location.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am unable to take on any new clients until at least October 2017. I'll update this is the situation changes. Thank you for your support.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|