Ideas for dealing with stress and anxiety
Stress and Anxiety
Many of us suffer from stress and anxiety. Some stress can be useful, to make us achieve and sometimes to keep us safe, but sometimes stress levels reach unhealthy proportions and anxiety can become crippling, or at the very least unpleasant.
What can we do about stress and anxiety?
I believe we can help to alleviate stress and anxiety levels if we focus on the following:
- Aim for a balanced, nutritious diet.
- Do some exercise, preferably outside in the fresh air (even if it’s only a walk).
- Listen to music, or undertake another activity we enjoy.
- Use Mindfulness techniques and/or meditation.
- Take time out for pleasure – socialise - it’s important to meet with friends and family and to do things we enjoy to relax.
- Learn a new activity, do that art class you promised yourself, or find something else that interests you.
If your stress and anxiety feels overwhelming, think about seeing a counsellor. Talking about your anxieties with someone who values how it feels for you personally, can be very healing in itself and may help to uncover some ways forward.
Counselling Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.
About Mary Saunders
If you are new to counselling, or starting with a new counsellor it can be daunting – that is perfectly normal. What is important is that we feel comfortable working together. I hope to develop a good relationship with you by listening to you carefully and empathically and without judging you. I have many years of experience, am fully qualified and insured, and have therapy rooms in Peacehav… Read more
Located in Peacehaven and Seaford.
To book an appointment, please get in contact: