I am an accredited Mindful Self-Compassion based counsellor/psychotherapist, integrating the practical mindful and self-compassion (MSC) approach with in depth clinical experience. I am a mindfulness and mindful self-compassion teacher and teacher supervisor/trainer with 12 years experience as a Senior Counsellor and group facilitator in higher education and private practice.
I am passionate about the way counselling and mindful self-compassion meditation can really change how people relate to themselves and their world with increased ease, insight and freedom.
My clinical experience includes supporting clients with a wide range of difficulties and situations including:
- loss and bereavement
- anxiety and panic
- relationship difficulties
- life crisis and transitions
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited with the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy and registered with the Health Council
- Qualified as Supervisor 2008, Certificate, Revision London
- Diploma in Person Centred Counselling from Metanoia, Ealing (2003)/Advanced Certificate in Person Centred Theory (2010)
- Trained to teach Mindfulness at the Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice at Bangor University (since 2008 and continuos)
- 12 years working in higher education offering crisis and long-term counselling for staff and students
- Group Facilitator 2006-2013: Bereavement Group, Artists Way Self Development Group, Depression and Anxiety, Stress Reduction and Mindfulness
- Counsellor at specialist service for women survivors of sexual abuse 2002-2005
- Co-founded Go Mindfully in 2010 and since then have been running popular mindfulness courses and residential retreats in Richmond and Kingston, as well as in a variety of organisations including the Wimbledon Guild and NHS trusts.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
From £55.00 to £70.00
Free initial telephone session
Concessions offered for
£55-£70 sliding scale available to support those with low income - please contact me to discuss
I only offer sessions online currently. I also offer Mindfulness and Mindful Self-Compassion meditation mini-retreats, drop in sessions, courses and retreats all year round. To find out more http://gomindfully.org/