The Minster Centre Psychotherapy and Counselling Services
The Minster Centre is a leading Integrative Psychotherapy and Counselling training institute based in Queens Park, London.
This Psychotherapy and Counselling Service is provided by senior trainees of the Minster Centre. The trainees work under close supervision with highly qualified psychotherapists and supervisors. The Minster Centre training is accredited by UKCP and BACP.
The Service offers individual counselling and psychotherapy for adults (18yrs+) suffering from a range of emotional difficulties, such as:
- Anxiety and panic attacks
loss and bereavement
low self esteem
crisis of identity
Training, qualifications & experience
The Service is an English speaking service and does not provide couple therapy or work with children. It offers weekly, long-term (at least 12 months) therapy to clients. The Service is unsuitable for individuals who have severe mental health problems, who are actively suicidal, who have a current drug or alcohol problem, or who are currently involved in criminal or legal proceedings.
All clients need to agree to students audio recording their therapy sessions for the purposes of training.
When you make contact (by email or telephone), we will send you a brief form to give us some details and when we have received that we will contact you to set up an assessment with one of our assessors. This assessment aims to explore why it is you want counselling or psychotherapy, along with any goals you may have. The assessment also gives you the opportunity to ask any questions you may have about the process or any specific requirements you may have. Your assessor will review your case and match you with a suitable therapist. This will depend partly on his or her experience, and both of your availability. Therapy usually involves talking in a comfortable environment with another. It will take place on the same day at the same time each week. You will be seen at the Minster Centre.
Member organisations *
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling we deal with
Photos & videos
- 02/09/19 - Introduction to counselling skills - week long intensive
- 04/09/19 - Open evening - counselling and psychotherapy training at The Minster Centre
- 07/09/19 - Open day MA/PG Dip advanced clinical practice in counselling and psychotherapy
- 20/09/19 - Supervision courses open day
- 26/09/19 - Introduction to counselling skills
- 04/10/19 - Introduction to counselling skills
- 23/10/19 - Supervision courses open day
- 09/11/19 - Open day MA/PG Dip advanced clinical practice in counselling and psychotherapy
- 14/11/19 - Supervision courses open day
- 06/12/19 - Supervision courses open day
- 07/12/19 - Languages of loss - finding ways to express grief
- 09/12/19 - Introduction to counselling skills - week long intensive
- 14/12/19 - Open day MA/PG Dip advanced clinical practice in counselling and psychotherapy
- 16/01/20 - Introduction to counselling skills
- 17/01/20 - Introduction to counselling skills
- 30/03/20 - Introduction to counselling skills
- 23/04/20 - Introduction to counselling skills
- 20/07/20 - Introduction to counselling skills
The assessment fee is £40.00 (waged) or £15.00 (unwaged) and session fees are then charged on a sliding scale according to income. (The minimum fee per session is £10.00). The service works in accordance with the code of ethics of both the UKCP and BACP.
Both psychotherapy and counselling are ways of helping to overcome stress, anxiety or depression and other emotional or relationship problems. They can also help with difficult behaviour such as anger or eating problems.
Many of us experience times when we feel unhappy, low, anxious or overwhelmed. We may be finding it difficult to cope with stressful life events such as relationship problems, losing a job, a bereavement or illness.
Research shows that talking therapy can help us through rocky patches, and can equip us to move on with greater ease.
Please note that we do not offer external placements to trainees as this service is staffed by students of the Minster Centre.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||This is an English speaking service|
Counselling hours are 8am - 8pm each weekday. The office is open on , Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays each week except Bank Holidays.
Types of client