Sue Crown MBACP Accredited and Registered Counsellor/Psychotherapist
- Prior to training as a Counsellor/Psychotherapist, I worked in various offices in the City, East and West End. These included Banking, Advertising, Legal, Medical and Insurance environments.
- I offer weekly, 50 minute counselling sessions to individuals on either a short or long-term basis in a designated room.
- Please email me initiallly and mobile details will be provided later.
- We can, after an initial meeting, set aside a regular time every week for as long as sessions are beneficial.
- Sessions are confidential and I abide by the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) ethical guidelines for good practice.
How counselling can help -
- Life events can be unexpected and impact on day to day living. Sometimes relationships or circumstances change and can become overwhelming.
- I provide a counselling space to explore situations, thoughts and feelings that may be causing anxiety, sadness and depression.
- Counselling can help make us more aware of ourselves and others and lead to a sense of being able to move forward.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I have a Degree in Psychology, a Certificate in Person Centred Counselling from Colchester Institute, and WPF qualifications as follows: Certificate in Counselling Skills, Diploma in Counselling Skills and a Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling. I have a Certificate in CBT from WPF Therapy and a short Certificate from the Tavistock for Couples Counselling. I also have a Certificate in a Mindfulness MBSR course.
- I have experience working in various settings such as counselling services in Chelmsford, a hospice, and a NHS Mental Health Unit as an honorary psychotherapist. I currently see clients in Billericay and the City.
- I work with anxiety and stress, bereavement, loss, divorce/relationship difficulties, depression, disability, post natal depression, redundancy, trauma and terminal illnesses such as cancer.
- I have an enhanced DBS check.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Work-related stress
My fees for individual counselling in Billericay are £45 per 50 minute session up to 5pm. After 5pm £50. Couples counselling is £70 per 50 minute session no spaces available at present.
I am 15 minutes walk from Billericay railway station. 5 minutes by car.
There is plenty of unrestricted car parking nearby. There is a steep step up to the house.
I ask that 24 hours notice be given for cancellation of a session otherwise full payment is required. This is because the time and room will be regularly set aside for our session.
Please no sales calls.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
The house is raised from the driveway - not level. There is one steep step to the house. A ramp would need to be brought along to even out the distance between driveway and door level.
Please email for up to date availability.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|