Concorde House Clinic
26A Stour Street
01227 700164 / 07582 354019
I offer individual and group Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) for anxiety disorders, depression, low self-confidence and lifestyle issues.
My main focus is CBT but I also draw on my experience and post-qualification training in Mindfulness, Compassion Focused Therapy and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT).
I accept self-referrals and also referrals from other health professions, insurance companies and the workplace.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (2012)
- BSc Occupational Therapy (1998)
- BASocial Psychology (1988)
I am a fully accredited Cognitive Behavioural therapist with over 25 years experience in working for the NHS in the field of adult mental health.
I have worked as an Occupational Therapist and Senior Practitioner in both in-patient and community settings working with clients with Secondary mental Health problems and for the last 4-5 years in GP Practices using CBT as part of IAPT (Improving Access to psychological Services) with people with mild- severe psychological distress.
I am currently working in private practice with adults of all ages to offer CBT for mild to moderate psychological problems.
I am an accredited member of the following professional organisations and I abide by their code of ethics:
- British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapists (BABCP)
- Health Professions Council (HPC), as an Occupational Therapist
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- First session- Introduction to CBT and assessment of what you best hopes are for therapy (60-90 minutes) = £30.00. This can be a one off session if you decide that CBT is not for you.
- Individual CBT sessions( 50-55 minutes) = £50.00
- Home visits- prices will be agreed in advance, depending on travel time and location+ £60.00-£80.00
A charge will apply if less than 24 hours notice is given and this will be added to the cost of the next session = £25.00.
In order to get the most from CBT it is best to meet on a weekly basis, if possible. The number of sessions depends on the nature of the condition and for milder or single issue problems this would typically be between 5-12 sessions.
For more enduring or complex problems I follow the NICE (National Institute of Clinical Excellence) guidelines of between 6-20 sessions but this will be jointly agreed at the first session and reviewed on a regular basis.
If you are not sure if CBT is for you and you would like to find out more about what there is available to help with your particular issue, why not come for an assessment and introduction to CBT session? There is no obligation to continue with CBT unless you feel it is the right thing for you.
Please feel free to visit my web-page for further information about me and the way I work:
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client