My name is Sarah Kennedy and I am a Qualified Therapeutic Counsellor based in Jersey, Channel Islands. I offer face to face counselling or as alternative I can also offer online or telephone counselling for those that simply do not have the time due to busy life schedules to be able to visit a Counsellor or feel safer speaking from the comfort of their own environment.
I offer a safe, confidential and non judgemental counselling service based in Millbrook, Jersey. With a therapy room overlooking views of the ocean, this creates a calming and relaxing therapeutic experience for us to a build a trusting relationship together and to explore what you wish to bring to the sessions in a tranquil environment.
Alongside my private counselling practice I also work as Lead Counsellor at a local counselling service for sexual assault and rape. Leading up to my current position i worked at a local family centre as a Facilitator and Keyworker. My work involved working with families as a means of support and guidance and also Facilitating Self Awareness, confidence and self esteem programmes.
Training, qualifications & experience
About your Counsellor:
- MBACP (Dip.Couns) Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Fully Insured
- Fully DBS checked
- Registered with the Jersey Data Protection Commission
- Registered with Jersey Financial Services Commission
- Certificate in Understanding Substance Misuse
- Certificate Level 2 BACP Counselling Skills
- Certificate Level 3 BACP Counselling Skills
- Certificate Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Integrative Counselling
- Certificate for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Intensive Training - PESI UK
Current up to date Training certificates:
- First Aid with Children Two Day Course (May 2014)
- Coping with Crying at NSPCC (May 2014) Woman's Refuge - Learning in Action (June 2014)
- Divorce a Guide to Non-Family Law Advisors @ Radisson Hotel (12th June 2014)
- Infection Control - Learning in Action (JULY 2014)
- Child Sexual Exploitation - Safe Guarding partnership Boarding at Police Station (July 2014)
- Building Relationships Six Week Course at BF (May-July 2014)
- The Engagement Boot Camp @ The Radisson Hotel (31st July 2014)
- NSPCC Group Work Skills two-day workshop (July 2014)
- Effective Recording& Information Sharing- Safe Guarding partnership (November 2014)
- Child protection Foundation Training- Safe Guarding partnership(October 2014)
- Youth MHFA two day training course (Youth Mental Health First Aid) June 2017
- Mental Health First Aid Youth (MHFA) 2 day course May 2017
- Principles of Infection Prevention and Control - States of Jersey November 2016
- St John Ambulance Paediatric First Aid Course 22.03.17-21.03.20
- Adults at Risk Foundation Course - Safeguarding Partnership Board (May 2016)
- Core Groups- Safeguarding Partnership Board (March 2010)
- Child Protection Conferences - Safeguarding Partnership Board(march 2015)
- Family Mediation Matters- Family Mediation Jersey (March 2017)
- Solution- Focused Training - Guy Shennan Associates (September 2017)
- Sex Discrimination Training - Law at Work (October 2015)
- Early Help Approach - Safeguarding Partnership Board (November 2015)
- Working with Hope and Hopelessness - Chiara Santin - Jersey Association of Family Therapy (April 2015)
- Protecting Families from Domestic Abuse - Safeguarding Partnership Board (October 2015)
- Learning from recent local Serious Case Reviews - Safeguarding Partnership Board (July 2017)
- Mellow Parenting Programme Accreditation - London (March 2018)
- The Cyclical Nature of Trauma (repeat victimization) - Jersey Association of Family Therapy (July 2018)
- Research in Practice - That difficult age (September 2018)
- Sexual Offences (Jersey) Law 2018 - Safeguarding Partnership Board (Jan 2019)
Government of Jersey - Jersey’s Children First Essentials (April 2019)
Government of Jersey – Jersey’s Children First Using and sharing Chronologies (June 2019)
Government of Jersey – Jersey’s Children First Role and Responsibilities of the Lead Worker (June 2019)
Mental Health First Aid Adult (MHFA) (Oct 2019)
- Child Sexual Exploitation - Safeguarding Partnership Board (Oct 2019)
- Certificate for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Intensive Training - PESI UK (Nov 2019)
- Suicide Awareness Training (November 2019)
- Zoe Lodrick "Working with Trauma" (February 2020)
Certificate of completion - Specialist counselling for female survivors of sexual violence and specialist training for counsellor psychotherapists - May 2020
Certificate of completion – BACP male survivors of sexual abuse, rape and sexual exploitation (and females too) – May 2020
- Certificate of completion – Understanding the sexual abuse and exploitation of boys and men - May 2020
- BACP – Counselling online: a coronavirus primer – May 2020
- BACP - Peter Levine, Releasing trauma from the body: Essential strategies - Sept 2020
- PESI UK (2 day workshop) Women, Trauma and Mental Health, empowering women with the skills and insight to thrive - Nov 2020
- Sexual Violence and Substance Misuse Training - Debbie Woodroffe - April 2021
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse with Christiane Sanderson (PESI UK 2 Day Training) - July 2021
- GESTALT Working with Trauma Masterclass (Gestalt Centre London 2 Day Training) - July 2021
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£60.00 an hour
£320 for a block of six sessions
£60 an hour online counselling
£60 an hour telephone counselling
Monday closed (available on request)
Tuesday 2.00pm - 9.00pm
Wednesday 2.30pm- 9.00pm
Thursday 2.30pm - 9.00pm
Friday 9.00am - 1.30pm
Saturday 9.00am - 1.00pm
I am trained in Integrative Counselling, so I can offer a wide range of different counselling methods to suit the client .
My preferred approach is Person Centred. I believe that every being holds their own answers within them. By building a trusting relationship we can journey together to find the answers.
Carl Rogers (Person Centred) believed that there is one human motive in life and that is the actualizing tendency where humans move towards their ultimate self with growth and fulfilment with their own potential.
All sessions are client led and as an integrative therapist I am able to use a variety of approaches, working flexibly to suit the needs of each individual client.
All sessions are confidential and non judgemental