Patty Everitt UKCP Registered Neurolinguistic Psychotherapist
Reflecting Back the Wholeness of You
A common reason for coming to counselling or therapy is to resolve a problem that is causing us distress or leaving us feeling angry, fearful, sad or guilty. Maybe the problem has arisen after a change in our circumstances or maybe it has been building up over time until it stops us from being who we feel we really are or from doing the things we really want to do. Perhaps it has been unexpectedly triggered by an event or a person.
Because problems often evoke unpleasant and strong emotions for us it is not always easy to talk about what’s really bothering us and perhaps sometimes we don’t even know that ourselves.
My role is to help you feel safe enough to be able to find, confront and work with issues and to guide and support you as you explore.
What does “safe enough” mean? It means building a relationship of empathy and confidentiality, where boundaries are respected. This safe space enables difficult questions to be asked and answered and for emotions to be expressed. We work together to help you discover your patterns of thoughts, feelings and behaviours. Together we can be curious about these patterns and notice which ones are helpful to you and which are less so. When we become consciously aware of our patterns then we have a choice about if and how we change them.
I accompany people as they face all kinds of hurt: sometimes hurt they have received; sometimes hurt they have given, and all the emotions that accompany hurt.
I work with carers, those experiencing difficulties in relationships, those who have been bullied at work, those dealing with loss through redundancy or childlessness and those who feel frightened by society. I work with people who want to lose weight or simply be able to relax.
I also coach in both professional and personal contexts.
Training, qualifications & experience
- UKCP Registered Neurolinguistic Psychotherapist
- Diploma Neurolinguistic Psychotherapy, Dip NLPt
- Diploma Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Certificate Clinical Supervision
- NeuroLinguistic Progamming (NLP) Master Practitioner
- BSc Physics and Mathematics
- PhD. Physics
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I also provide professional and personal coaching and am happy to coach face-to-face, by phone and by video link.
I have presented at conferences providing a psychological perspective on such subjects as planning career development and co-present and coach on public and corporate Resilience Programmes which are designed to help people change the way they think and feel about stress and to equip them to manage themselves more resourcefully when faced with stressful situations.
My fees are £70 per hour and appointments are typically one hour in duration.
I am able to offer a reduced rate of £50 per hour for sessions during May and June 2019
In therapy, we work to explore your experience of reality and the beliefs you hold about yourself, others and the world. Beliefs may be just that, beliefs and not truths.
I offer support to adults experiencing:
- Levels of anxiety or stress
- Panic attacks or the fear of experiencing a panic attack
- Situations in which they find themselves dissociating
- A sense of loss or grief at losing a hoped-for future including childlessness, divorce, redundancy
- Hurtful or diminishing relationships (individuals only) including personal relationships with partner, parent or child and work relationships including work performance issues
- Struggling with the consequences of experienced childhood neglect or emotional, physical or sexual abuse
- The strain of living with a sense of shame or guilt or low self-esteem
- Feelings of guilt or irritation when caring for dependent partners or parents or with adult dependent children
- I also work with clergy-persons, often in a coaching capacity.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday-Friday during normal working hours. Evening and early morning appointments available
Types of client
Supervision & training
I achieved my Certificate in Clinical Supervision in 2017.View supervision profile