Marilyn Soghomonian BA(Hons), MBACP, MAPHP(Accred)
Professional, Compassionate & Confidential Therapy
Counselling offers you a safe, private space to talk about your issues or difficulties in complete confidence, without being judged, allowing you to explore your life, relationships and emotions in a way that is not possible with friends and family.
Counselling helps you:
- Gain a deeper understanding of yourself, your relationships and current situation
- Identify and review the patterns and triggers for your habitual thoughts, emotions and behaviours
- Connect to, express and release your emotions safely
- Identify and reconnect to your true self, your unique qualities, strengths and resources
- Explore your choices and options
- Change your limiting beliefs and conditioned responses so that you can respond from an empowered position
- Let go of negative thoughts and emotions so that you can move forward in your life
I aim to offer you a safe, private space to talk about your issues or difficulties in complete confidence, without being judged, allowing you to explore your life, relationships and emotions in much greater depth. Together we can work to identify and release any emotional ties that may be linked to your past which may be holding you back.
My Therapeutic Approach
My Counselling training is Integrative, working predominantly with a person-centred and psychodynamic approaches to therapy. This simply means that we work together to identify your current difficulties, as well as explore issues or relationships from your past which may be impacting your present life or relationships.
I offer short term or open ended, long term therapy, which means we can work more indepth.
I offer an Initial Assessment as an opportunity to meet and discuss your difficulties before you commit to therapy. This also gives us a chance to see whether we can work together.
Specialist Training & Experience
I specialise in Eating Disorders and have completed a Master Practitoner Diploma training with the National Centre for Eating Disorders. In addition to my private practice of 11 years, I have gained 2 years experience working with out-patients suffering from Anorexia, Bulimia and Binge Eating Disorder at Berkshire NHS Trust, Eating Disorder Service at Erleigh Road, Reading.
Lecturer & Tutor
I am an approved Lecturer & Tutor of CPCAB (Counselling & Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body), currently delivering L2 Cerificate Counselling Skills, L3 Certificate Counselling Studies and L4 Diploma Therapeutic Counselling courses at CPTA (Counselling & Psychotherapy Training Academy).
I offer one to one supervision for experienced/qualified counsellors and counsellors in training. My approach is Integrative and I work predominantly with Psychodynamic and Person Centred theories.
If you are seeking supervision and wish to talk further, please contact me either via email or through the booking form on my website contact page (www.quantumleaptherapy.co.uk) and we can arrange a mutually convenient time to discuss requirements and suitability in more detail.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Counselling Supervision – Certificate in Counselling Supervision
- CBT & Compassion Focused Therapy – Introductory to Advanced Certificate Course – Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre (OCTC)
- CBT: Introductory Certificate – Approved by British Psychological Society – SDS Seminars Ltd
- Diploma Therapeutic Counselling (Integrative) – CPCAB
- Diploma Master Practitioner Eating Disorders & Obesity (Approved by the British Psychological Society) – National Centre for Eating Disorders (NCfED)
- Certificate in Nutritional Skills for Eating Disorders – National Centre for Eating Disorders (NCfED)
- Certificate Practitioner Skills in Obesity Management – National Centre for Eating Disorders (NCfED)
- Working Successfully with Addiction And Recovery – Pamela Gawler-Wright at Beeleaf Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy (35 hour training)
- Working with Survivors of Sexual Violence & Abuse – Trust House Reading, Volunteer Training Programme
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Initial Assessment £60
Fees for Subsequent Counselling Sessions - duration 50 minutes:
- Therapeutic Counselling/Psychotherapy £60
- Eating Disorders Counselling £75
Fees for Clinical Supervision £75 for 1.5 Hours
Limited Concessions available based on individual circumstances. Please ask for details.