Marilyn Soghomonian BA(Hons), MBACP, MAPHP(Accred)
Professional, Compassionate & Confidential Therapy
Counselling offers you a safe, private space to talk about your issues or difficulties in complete confidence, without being judged, allowing you to explore your life, relationships and emotions in a way that is not possible with friends and family.
Counselling helps you:
- Gain a deeper understanding of yourself, your relationships and current situation
- Identify and review the patterns and triggers for your habitual thoughts, emotions and behaviours
- Connect to, express and release your emotions safely
- Identify and reconnect to your true self, your unique qualities, strengths and resources
- Explore your choices and options
- Change your limiting beliefs and conditioned responses so that you can respond from an empowered position
- Let go of negative thoughts and emotions so that you can move forward in your life
I aim to offer you a safe, private space to talk about your issues or difficulties in complete confidence, without being judged, allowing you to explore your life, relationships and emotions in much greater depth. Together we can work to identify and release any emotional ties that may be linked to your past which may be holding you back.
My Therapeutic Approach
My Counselling training is Integrative, working predominantly with a person-centred and psychodynamic approaches to therapy. This simply means that we work together to identify your current difficulties, as well as explore issues or relationships from your past which may be impacting your present life or relationships.
I offer short term or open ended, long term therapy, which means we can work more indepth.
I offer an Initial Assessment as an opportunity to meet and discuss your difficulties before you commit to therapy. This also gives us a chance to see whether we can work together.
Specialist Training & Experience
I specialise in Eating Disorders and have completed a Master Practitoner Diploma training with the National Centre for Eating Disorders. In addition to my private practice of 11 years, I have gained 2 years experience working with out-patients suffering from Anorexia, Bulimia and Binge Eating Disorder at Berkshire NHS Trust, Eating Disorder Service at Erleigh Road, Reading.
Lecturer & Tutor
I am an approved Lecturer & Tutor of CPCAB (Counselling & Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body), currently delivering L2 Cerificate Counselling Skills, L3 Certificate Counselling Studies and L4 Diploma Therapeutic Counselling courses at CPTA (Counselling & Psychotherapy Training Academy).
I offer one to one supervision for experienced/qualified counsellors and counsellors in training. My approach is Integrative and I work predominantly with Psychodynamic and Person Centred theories.
If you are seeking supervision and wish to talk further, please contact me either via email or through the booking form on my website contact page (www.quantumleaptherapy.co.uk) and we can arrange a mutually convenient time to discuss requirements and suitability in more detail.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Counselling Supervision – Certificate in Counselling Supervision (Diploma Level)
- CBT & Compassion Focused Therapy – Introductory to Advanced Certificate Course – Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre (OCTC)
- CBT: Introductory Certificate – Approved by British Psychological Society – SDS Seminars Ltd
- Diploma Therapeutic Counselling (Integrative) – CPCAB
- Diploma Master Practitioner Eating Disorders & Obesity (Approved by the British Psychological Society) – National Centre for Eating Disorders (NCfED)
- Certificate in Nutritional Skills for Eating Disorders – National Centre for Eating Disorders (NCfED)
- Certificate Practitioner Skills in Obesity Management – National Centre for Eating Disorders (NCfED)
- Working Successfully with Addiction And Recovery – Pamela Gawler-Wright at Beeleaf Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy (35 hour training)
- Working with Survivors of Sexual Violence & Abuse – Trust House Reading, Volunteer Training Programme
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Eating disorders
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Relationship problems
Photos & videos
Initial Assessment £60 (50 minutes)
Fees for Subsequent Sessions (50 minutes):
- Therapeutic Counselling/Psychotherapy £60 to £75
- Counselling Supervision £70 (1 Hour) - £95 (1.5 Hours)
- Eating Disorders Counselling £75
Limited Concessions available based on individual circumstances. Please ask for details.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Tuesday 10:00am to 6:00pm / Thursday 10:00am to 6:00pm
Types of client
Supervision & training
I offer one to one supervision for experienced/qualified counsellors and counsellors in training.