HG. Dip, HGPsych
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Health, finances, relationships, career, family, fitness and unexpected change – life can get complicated.
Clients come to see me when they want fast, effective results with depression, anxiety, panic attacks, trauma (PTSD), neurodiveristy (education and strategies) and relationship re-thinks.
The main Healthy Chat practice is predominantly online - which means a session can be booked from wherever you are in the UK (or overseas). Your therapy session will be on Zoom or sometimes FaceTime (or phone if necessary) - whatever works best for you. If you particularly want to be seen face-to-face, my home-office is near Montrose, Angus, and you can request further information when we speak.
Over many years seeing many hundreds of clients I've noticed that people are almost always more resourced for the changes they want to see in their life than they first think. Sometimes it's just the opportunity to borrow a brain for an hour, while they talk through how they most want their story to unfold, that gets a person quickly re-focussed and back on track.
In Healthy Chat your life-changing conversations will be had using Human Givens psychotherapy and counselling: it's fast and effective, with most people as resourced as they want to be in around 4-6 sessions (sometimes less in 2-3 sessions, occasionally a few more if circumstances are complicated). It puts your time and money investments in context when you know you could get back to living your life confidently and to the full in such a short timeframe.
As a qualified Human Givens Therapist and a trained Executive Coach, I've been grateful to spend over 20 years supplying life-changing conversations to people from all walks of life, who have a vast array of skills and resourcefulness, and a colourful range of dreams and desired outcomes.
What you get from me: fast, effective and practical therapeutic conversations & new mental and emotional skills. A Healthy Chat can take one of 3 forms:
- Therapy: relief from depression, anxiety, panic attacks, trauma, phobias, addiction, divorce complexities, stress and poor sleep.
- Counselling: equipping you for strong relationships, successful marriage, healthy divorce, blended or extended families, new parenting, parenting teenagers, parenting neuro-divergent children, empty nesting, career change, wholesome bereavement & happy retirement.
- Coaching: for personal, professional and sporting ongoing high achieving: inspiring you to show up in a bigger way at home, at work (corporately or as a business owner), and for yourself; exploring your relationship with risk and how to trustingly face life with confidence; choosing the experiences you want in your future; adding meaning to ambition; staying happy, healthy and on plan for what you want to be, do and have.
If what you read here sounds like it's what you're looking for, get in touch now by email or phone: you can book a first session today; or request a 15-minute initial phone call (not charge) so I can answer any questions you might still have.
I look forward to hearing from you.
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 07798 792763
Training, qualifications & experience
- Human Givens Supervisor: 2020-21
- Human Givens PostGrad Diploma: Human Givens Psychotherapist (Human Givens Institute - UK) - 2012
- Corporate Coach PostGrad Diploma: Corporate & Executive Coach (Corporate Coach U - USA) - 2002
- BA Publishing - (Napier University, Edinburgh) - 1992
Human Givens Institute (HGI)
The Human Givens Institute (HGI) is both a membership organisation and a professional body representing the interests of those in the caring and teaching professions who have an interest in or utilise the human givens approach. Counselling Directory register Registered Members (MHGI) and Fellow Members (FHGI), who will have completed the Post Graduate Practitioner's Assessment (Part III) and who are fully qualified to practise as a human givens therapist or counsellor. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£120.00 per session
Concessions offered for
- Single session: £120.00 for 60 minutes
- Couples session: £150.00 for 60 minutes
- Student sessions: £80.00 for 60 minutes
- Clinical supervision: £80.00 for 60 minutes
When considering the value of these sessions it might help for you to know that Human Given's therapy is recognised as a fast and effective brief therapy. Most clients who work with me are complete in 4-6 sessions. I hope you'll find that re-assuring when you consider it alongside:
* how long you've been suffering or compromising up until now
* how quickly you could feel better
Change is easier than you think
Most people can be helped in 4-6 sessions, although some people only need one or two and others with more complex difficulties may require more.
There is no need for you to commit to multiple therapy or counselling sessions. We'll book them in one at a time. When you feel you're resourced and equipped for your next chapter (work, life, relationship, parenting, health, emotions, sleep, school, uni - whatever), that's you complete.
My aim is to help you in as few sessions as possible.
When I work
Monday - Thursday: 9am - 6pm
After hours availability on Tues & Thurs: 7pm - 9pm
Feedback from some recent Healthy Chat clients:
- “After years of anxiety and irrational thoughts I made a phone call to Jennifer, made an appointment and couldn’t believe the change (even after 1 session) that she helped me achieve.” - Peter, Aberdeenshire (4 sessions)
- “Having seen Jennifer 4 times, twice with my husband and twice alone, I cannot express enough how much she helped save our marriage. We were at a crisis point and without her help I’m not sure we would have managed to move forward..” - Christine, Edinburgh (4 sessions)
- “The strategies she gave my son were simple for him to manage and he began using them right away.” Natalie, Fife (2 sessions)
- "By the second session I was equipped with enough ways to deal with my panic and anxiety and combined with some positive life changes that were encouraged gradually, I saw improvements in my condition much faster than the medication I was on.." Liam, Aberdeen (3 sessions)
- “Healthy Chat helped to reframe me, my family and my work. I’ve found it an amazing process to go through these conversations.” - Elliot, (3 sessions)
Please get in touch with Jennifer now:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 07798 792763