Hannah Simpson BA (Hons), Dip, MBACP, MNCS Accredited, Link Approved.
71 Marmion Road
Do you need to talk to someone?
Are feeling that your life has lost its joy and that you can’t seem to shake that low mood? Are you going through a difficult time and feel that no one understands how you feel? Do you struggle in relationships and keep repeating the same destructive patterns? Do you find yourself in toxic and unhealthy relationships with people who use you and take you for granted? If the answer is 'Yes' then counselling or psychotherapy may be a way for you to work through your issues and help you live a more satisfactory life.
I provide a private and confidential service in Fareham and Portsmouth where I offer clients the opportunity to talk about their issues, in a supportive and confidential manner. I work with a diverse range of issues including anxiety, work stress, depression, trauma, abuse, bereavement and loss, relationship and self-esteem issues. I have worked in different organisations including NHS Primary Care, Drug and Alcohol Services, Domestic Abuse Services as well as charitable and private agencies.
I am registered with the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists and am an accredited member of the National Counselling Society (NCS). I have over 17 years experience of working with individuals, young people, couples and groups in Hampshire. I have a degree and diploma in Humanistic Counselling, a certificate in Substance Misuse Counselling and have undergone training with LINK to become a Barnados Adoption Agency ‘approved counsellor’- which means I am registered to provide and support individuals and families, including birth mothers and fathers, adoptees and adopters, during and after this complex process.
I see clients for face to face sessions from West Street Counselling Centre in Fareham and Serenity Counselling and Psychotherapy Limited in Fareham (a five minute drive from Fareham town centre). I also offer telephone, FaceTime and skype sessions which can be carried out, provided you have a safe, secure and private room where you will not be disturbed
Please Call me on 07775 613133 or email me at email@example.com to arrange to come along for a confidential assessment and discussion about what you need.
More about Hannah
I find myself in a very different place today, and looking back, I clearly see how important it was for me to have someone I could speak to, to confide in, and someone who accepted me for who I am and where I was at, without judgement.
I have undergone considerable training and have had many years of reflection on effective practice both personally and professionally. I believe I have developed a sound and well integrated style, using knowledge and ideas from many approaches, therefore enabling me to work with you in the most useful way.
I am a registered member of the BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy) and abide by their rules and ethical framework.
I am accredited member of the National Counselling Society (NCS)
I hold a current and up to date enhanced DBS certificate. (previously CRB)
I am ICO registered -which means I am registered with the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals.
If you would like to enquire further please call me on 07775 613133 or e-mail me firstname.lastname@example.org
Training, qualifications & experience
BA (HONS) Counselling - Winchester University- 2010
Diploma in Humanistic Counselling- University of Chichester - 2006
Level 2 Certificate in Initial Counselling Skills - 2003
Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills - 2004
LINK Barnados Adoption training 2017 (Link Approved Counsellor)
- Relate Couples Training, Understanding Relationships- The Institute of Relate- 2011
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy- 2008
- NHS Training in Clinical Supervision -2011
- Substance Misuse Counselling Training - 2007
- Solution Focused Therapy - 2007
- Motivational Interviewing - 2007
- CBT and Addiction- 2009
- Drug and Alcohol Awareness- 2008
- Working with Substance Misuse and Anger -2010
- Working with and Understanding Personality Disorders (Borderline, Antisocial, Narcissistic)-2011
- Working with Sexual Abuse and Trauma - 2010
- Understanding and working with Survivors of Sexual Abuse and Exploitation -2014
- Self-Harm Behaviour- 2009
- Domestic Abuse and Violence with Women and Children- Portsmouth City Council -2007
- Mental Health and the law- 2009
- Mindfulness- 2007-2015
- Existential Freedom -2015
- Psychodynamic Thought-2016
- Working with Relational Trauma-2016
- Working with Families: psychodynamic and systemic thinking 2016
- Self harm and suicidal behaviours in young people 2016
- TA 101 - Metanoia Institute 2016
- Private Mental Health Hospital Adult psychiatry- The Priory Southampton
- Private Mental Health Hospital -'Twelve Step' Addiction Treatment Setting- The Priory Woking
- Sussex Alcohol and Substance Misuse Service (GP Surgeries)
- NHS- CARE Substance Misuse Counselling Service, St James' Hospital (South-East)
- NHS -Baytrees Residential Detoxification Unit, St James' Hospital (Portsmouth)
- E's Up NHS Substance Misuse Service 10-25 year olds
- Children's Services, Swanick Lodge,Secure Unit for 10-16 years (Substance misuse)
- NHS Early Intervention Project (EIP) St Marys Hospital, Portsmouth (Domestic Abuse/sexual abuse)
- Portsmouth City Council, Hidden Violence Unit (Domestic abuse & sexual abuse)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
The Counselling and Psychological therapies I offer, is also for those who may not know the cause of their feelings e.g. sadness, lack of self worth, loneliness; a sense of feeling lost. It offers a safe place for exploration including:
- Pre Bereavement and anticipatory loss
- Animal/pet bereavement
- Living with a terminal illness; for you or a family member
- Suicidal ideation
- Suicidal Feelings
- Body image
- Home sickness
- Personal development/self awareness
- Emotional eating, overeating and binge eating
- Student counselling
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Family/systemic therapy
Photos & videos
Standard Fees in Fareham and Southsea - Assessment and Ongoing Appointments .
- My fee for assessment and ongoing sessions in Fareham is £65 for a 50 minute session
- Couples and joint therapy is £80 per 50 minute appointment or £90 for a 60 minute appointment.
- My fee for assessment and ongoing sessions in Southsea is £75 for a 50 minute session
Couples and joint therapy is £90 per 50 minute appointment or £100 for a 60 minute appointment.
- I will offer discount to counsellors and psychotherapists in training; this is discussed at assessment session, which is charged at the usual rate dependent on location.
Cancellation policy requires 5 working days notice, otherwise the full agreed fee is charged.
If you would like to enquire further please send me a message by e-mail email@example.com or phone 07775 613133. I will usually get back to you by the next working day. I do prefer to talk directly with you before making a first appointment.
- My PO16 private practice Serenity Counselling and Psychotherapy Limited is in Fareham and has free parking.
- My PO16 OBG private practice at West Street Counselling and Psychotherapy Centre parking is paid at an hourly rate nearby. (Free parking in the High Street after 6pm).This practice is situated in the heart of the town, opposite the Royal Bank of Scotland and The Ask Restaurant. It is only a ten minute walk from Fareham Train Station and a five minute walk from Fareham Bus Station. There are a number of pay and display car parking is available on the High Street.
Both Serenity Counselling and Psychotherapy Ltd and West Street Counselling and Psychotherapy centre are easily accessible from the M27 and A27. Neighbouring towns such as Portsmouth, Gosport and Southampton are ideally placed to provide access to this professional It has a private, well-furnished room designed to meet the needs of all clients. Please feel free to contact me for More information.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appointments available in Fareham and Southsea Monday- Thursday 11-8
Types of client