Diane Feeney-Couns.Dip,CBT.Dip,BAHons,MBACP Couns.Various Issues Adult/CandYP
Are you having relationship problems,work/sch/college/uni or at home,breakup,separation/divorce,need to talk? Bereavement? Other Problems?I'm here to listen providing CBT or person centered,a confidential safe space with warmth & understanding.Anxiety can lead to depression or one can impact on the other.All this can have an affect on other family members.The not knowing of what the outcomes will be,can start to bring intrusive thoughts into our minds.I provide counselling for Adults, Children and Young People (C&YP).Talking it through with someone impartial can often help with your overwhelming feelings of despair.Ring or email me to ask a question. Office based Ormskirk, Preston etc & home visits available.
- Maybe it is you that has doubts about your relationship and want it to end.
- Perhaps you are seeking a new partner and feel lost in the cycle of dating finding it challenging or discovering online dating to be frustrating.
- You may have lost a partner through bereavement and feel guilty in wanting a new relationship.
- Your relationship may have changed due to illness of either yourself or your partner
- A fall out with a friend is causing you anxieties or your parents are separating
- Perhaps work relationships have altered and you feel uneasy, threatened or bullied
- Or have a need to discover the real you, unearthing the relationship you have with yourself?
>>OTHER PROBLEMS? - Scroll down to see the other Areas/issues that I cover<<
* No waiting list for the following one hour face to face time slots:-
Week Beg: 12.8.19 - Mon: all day Tue: Evening Wed: Morn/Aft/eve Thurs: Eve Friday: Eve Sat: All Day Sun: All day/eve
Week Beg: 19.8.19 - Mon: All day Tue: Evening Wed: morning Thurs: Eve Friday: Eve Sat: All day Sun: morning, afternoon and evening
Week Beg: 26.8.19 - Mon: all day Tue: Evening Wed: Morn Thurs: Eve Friday: Eve Sat: All Day Sun: All day/eve
Sorry booked up at all other times - but you can pre book in advance for a future date.
1. Email/ring me now and we can arrange an appointment at time that suits you 2. First session £20.00 Following sessions from £30.00 (CBT £40.00) 3. Short or long term counselling available for Adults, Children and Young People (CYP) counselling for different elements - talking therapies, solution focused, play and sand therapy younger children. Creative art for all ages. 4. Couples, Family or group work £40.00 per session
Never had counselling before? or You have had counselling on other occasions and feel the need to revisit - either way:-
You have taken the first step already in reading this! Now the next step...contact me.
Telephone Counselling - One hour sessions with reflective feedback
5. Perhaps this is something that will suit you. Sessions available weekly, fortnightly etc. Ring me to see what will fit with you right now. No commitment for a set amount of weeks.
"Diane, talking about my problems through with you has helped enormously" Miss E Preston
“Thanks Diane, for giving me the confidence to overcome my anxiousness and fears. I wish I had heard of CBT sooner!” R. from Merseyside
“Diane shows a very caring attitude with warmth and sensitivity” B. from Ormskirk
“Excellent service from a very committed lady. Good to have someone to talk to when most needed. Many Thanks.” Mr. L. from Ormskirk
"On behalf of my young son, I want to say a huge thank you for 5 sessions of sand and play therapy" N Southport
Working within different Elements of your worries: Stresses, Feeling Sad, Worries about Exams, Bereavement and pre Bereavement, suicide Bereavement, Affairs, Betrayals, Separation, Divorce, Sleeping Problems, Shift Worker Disorder, Addictions, Gambling, Drug misuse, Alcohol, Hording, Trauma/Abuse, Rape/Sexual Abuse, Emotional Abuse,Work Related Issues, Work place conflict, Loneliness, Bullying, co-dependency issues, Panic Disorder, Phobias, Low Self-Esteem, Shyness, Self Harm & Suicidal Thoughts, Anger, Feelings of self shame, Social Anxiety, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, OCD, Infertility, Miscarriage, Abortion, Child Related Behaviour Problems and Stresses.
I have always had a strong desire to help others. The unexpected can happen to anyone and there are times when we need to reach out for help. I have experienced those feelings and that is why I understand and have compassion for others experiencing emotional pain. Sometimes it can be difficult to talk to family and friends. Relationships with partners can become strained due to expressing our emotional turmoil or they may be part or the reason why we feel anxious or depressed.
- Office based Ormskirk, Preston, Southport, Liverpool & St Helens
- Or at your home North West area
- Short or long term ~ Working within the BACP Ethical Framework
- Qualified & experienced ~ Member of BACP (MBACP) registered no:299337
- Enhanced Disclosure ~ to work with Adults and Young People
Hello and Welcome ~ My name is Diane and I am qualified to counsel clients within different elements of counselling. I enable a trusting working relationship for you to say anything that comes into your thoughts, no matter how difficult or complicated it may be. I will be there for you. Perhaps something that comes up is embarrassing, unrelated to the main issue but I will still be there to listen to where your thoughts and feelings take you within each session.
Questions? scroll down to the bottom of the page.
"Feeling now that I can cope, thanks for listening and understanding" K Preston
“Hi Diane, I just wanted to say thank you for helping me rid me of feelings of guilt and anguish with the loss I have suffered” Mrs.C. from Preston
"I feel so much stronger, more confident and interested in life again" AK Blackburn
Loss:Are you having feelings of loss and pain of a different kind that perhaps you have never experienced before? You may wonder; "When will this sad feeling end?" and "Should I be over this by now?". You may feel numb and empty and wonder "Will I ever be happy again?"
Anxieties and Depression: Can creep upon us slowly without us realising they are building up. A small worry can be magnified but the chain reaction of our ‘scared feeling’ can be over whelming. Do you have lots of small worries, a mix of big and small concerns or an overriding panic that churns your stomach?
Trust: I believe that trust is a very sacred thing, but trusting others can be heart wrenching because we can put all our hopes and dreams into someone. Have you trusted someone only to have it broken resulting in you getting hurt ~ ‘a feeling of being shattered into tiny pieces' feeling fragmented. This is why you will find the benefit to express your thoughts and feelings in a safe and secure place.
Addictions: Your thoughts drive your behaviours that can result in damaging cycles of addictions. This becomes just like a merry go round that we cannot get off. The road to recovery may begin but often this can lead to a lapse or relapse. Let me help you with solution focused therapy. We can work together at your pace.
Or you may be feeling sad and not know the reason why. You may be undecided if you are in need of counselling sessions. You may want one or two sessions to talk to someone about a nagging feeling or issue and then decide if you want to continue.
Home Visits: This may be an alternative arrangement through discussion that can be arranged.
Questions: Please feel free to ask any questions and we can discuss on the phone prior to your appointment. My aim is to make you feel at ease and enable you to gain fulfillment from your counselling sessions.
Book online ~ Click on the link above now to book an appointment
Call me today for an appointment ~ leave a message: please speak slowly & clearly
Ring or email to ask a question. I will try to get back to you as soon as possible.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BACP Certificate in Proficiency & registered member (MBACP)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapeutic Skills & Theory (CBT) Dip Level 5
- Person Centered Therapeutic Counselling Dip Level 4
- Degree B.A. (Hons) 2.1 Edge Hill University
- Counselling Skills Level 3
- Qualified Accredited Recovery Coach
- Qualified Accredited Family Coach
- SMART Facilitator
- Youth Work Level 2
- A1 Assessor Social Care
- Rape Crisis Midlands Network Level 3 Professionals working in sexual violence sector
- Working with Women & Girls in the Sexual Violence Sector
- Sexual Violence against Men and Boys
- Impact of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Supporting Survivors to Explore Suicidal Feelings
- Coping strategies for Surviving Violence
- Rape and the Legal System
- Rape as a Weapon of War
- Working with Survivors of Abuse Related to Faith or Belief
- Rape Crisis Midlands Network Level 2
- Safeguarding Adults and Children from Sexual Abuse
Continual Professional Development
- Prevent Training 2019 & FGM 2019
- Mindfulness 2014 & 2018
- Suicide Idealisation training 2019
- Naloxone Training 2018
- Connect Programme 2018 – programme facilitator (How to maintain your relationship and make it stronger
- Adult Safeguarding Training updated Feb 2019
- Child Safeguarding Training updated Feb 2019
- Place2Be Training Play Therapy 2016
- Place2Be Training Sand Therapy 2016
- Place2Be Helping Children to Tell Their Stories 2017
- Place2Be Hidden Harm 1 & 2 2017
- Place2Be Making Endings with Children 2017
- BACP Working with Bereavement 2016
- Attachment Theory 2016
- Inner Child Workshop 2016
- Domestic Violence Awareness 2010 & 2017
- Restorative Justice 2012 & 2013
- Child Sexual Exploitation 2012, 2014, 2015 & 2019
- Equality and Diversity 2013, 2014 & 2015
- Autism Awareness 2013 & 2016
- Drug and Alcohol Awareness 2014, 2017 & 2018
- Eating Disorders 2014 & 2017
- RASA Rape and Sexual Violence 2014
- UK Child Bereavement Training 'The Death of a child' 2017
- Parents Protect Training 2016
- NHS Manchester Connect 5 CBT Mental Health 2016
- Circles Training (Couples & Family Relationships) 2016 & 2017
- Hidden Sentence Training 2016
- Supporting Children with Challenging Behaviour 2012
- Lone Working 2012
- NHS Stockport Supporting children speaking through Narrative 2014
- Mentor for student counsellors - person centered and CBT
- Counselling young people engaging in risky behaviours (WL Local Authority)
- Working with couples and families (Relationships ~ Maintaining the Bond)
- Working with clients in relation to pre bereavement
- Bereavement Services (Adults, children & young people)
- Rape & Sexual Abuse (RASA Merseyside), Adults & Children
- Place2Be (Children/young people sand/play therapy)
- Drug and Alcohol Services group facilitator, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- SMART Facilitator
- Barnardo's, supporting vulnerable persons
- Edge Hill University, Mentor for young people
- Women's Services Skelmersdale
- St Helen's Young Carers, Family Support Officer
- Women's Turnaround Project, supporting women during the court process at Liverpool Magistrates
My Experience: I have worked as a counsellor within different organisations for adults, children and young people. This includes Bereavement Counselling Services, Addictions Counselling, School Counsellor, Rape and Sexual Abuse Counselling Services both female and male clients.
I have worked in educational settings for over 20 years within primary and secondary schools (Support with Social and Emotional Aspects of Learning SEAL), youth groups and young offenders supporting parents, children and young people. My one to one work with children has encompassed working with children on the Autistic spectrum, dyspraxia and other SEND.
Working as a Family Support Officer for young carers and their families. Families requiring support with the emotional unrest of coping with palliative care, short and long term disabilities or support for a family member with addictions.
Mentor for young people ~ Evolve Project at Edge Hill University, Ormskirk, Lancashire.
I have supported families with a loved one in custody, providing a 'listening ear', mentoring and assessments based on needs or requirements. Facilitator for drug and alcohol addictions Solution Focused Therapy based on the 'cycle of change.'
I currently work for a charity as a counsellor providing Person centered counselling and CBT and I am a manager in another setting. In addition, provide mentoring and peer supervision for an organisation in Preston for students studying person centered talking therapies and CBT.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Creative arts for all ages
Helping you to cope with your 'mindtraps'
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
1. Face to Face Counselling (Adults, children & YP)
- Free half hour (then we can begin more or less straight away in your first session)
Face to Face, First Session:
- £20.00 per hour
- From £30.00 per hour for one to one talking therapy (Reduced rates for concessions)
- £40.00 Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) per hour - directive therapy
No obligation for a set amount of weeks, although generally sessions can last for about six/seven sessions. If you decide you would like more this can be arranged. The main thing is that the sessions are right for you.
Perhaps you work shifts and not always available every week. You may prefer fortnightly counselling sessions. Contact me and we can discuss.
2. Couples, Family or Group Work
- £40.00 per session
3. Play Therapy, Sand Therapy
- Please email for prices of the above.
4. Special Educational Needs & Disability (SEND) - Welcome to Children, Young People and adults with autism spectrum disorders (ASD)
5. Mindfulness Session
- £27.00 per session 1:1
- £45.00 Groups
- Cash or Bank transfer [all payments in advance in order to secure the booking]
- Free parking
Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP Registration Number: 299337
BACP Certificate of Proficiency
Enhanced Disclosure to work with adults and children
Children, Young People and adults affected by autism spectrum disorders (ASD)
Elements In Counselling are here for you.
'Elements In Counselling' Provides:
Person Centered Counselling a humanistic person centered approach ~ Carl Rogers Theory. Core conditions provided by the counsellor for the client to reach their full potential by valuing the clients views and perspectives. A space for you to express your thoughts and feelings. What is on your mind, what is making you anxious or depressed? We will work at a pace that you feel comfortable with.
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) provides a focus on challenging and changing unhelpful thoughts, your actions or behaviours. CBT offers more of a directive approach from the counsellor by looking at solutions to problems and issues that the client brings.
Integrative Therapy a combination of the above therapies.
Sand/Play Therapy: observation and gentle facilitation by the therapist to enable children/young people to act out and express their emotions and feelings. I provide a 'secure base' for children/young people to feel relaxed and safe. Full enhanced disclosure.
Creative Art: One to one sessions for children and young people aged 4 to 18 years -planned for different age ranges and abilities.
Adult You don't have to be an expert artist to engage in creative arts. Contact me and find out how you can find true relaxation and inner calmness. You can choose length for your session between 60 minute session or 90 minute session weekly or fortnightly.
Create and talk - some of my clients prefer this method rather than sitting face to face talking about what is on their mind.
#All About YOU:
YOU may be experiencing ANTS - Automatic Negative Thoughts due to your anxieties or depression because of your pattern of negative thinking. These 'mind traps' can become part of your belief systems resulting you feeling you are 'never good enough' or 'it always happens to me' the outcome of these thoughts will make you feel even more anxious or depressed.
For this work we can look at your early childhood schemes and your formulation bonding as a child with your care givers. But again we will work at your pace enabling you to feel comfortable in looking at your inner child.
1) Do I have to pay for blocks of sessions? No, this is because you are free to cancel at any time.
2) What happens in the very first session. Within the first session I will explain about the different types of counselling on offer. We will also go through the counseling contract.
3) Can I bring my friend into the counselling room? No, sorry the sessions are just on a one to one basis.
4) Will I be able to get a diagnosis? No, sorry I am not a qualified doctor
5) Is there disabled access? Yes.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Home visits available in the North West and depending on my availability. ********************************** Special Educational Needs & Disability (SEND) - Welcome to Children, Young People and adults with autism spectrum disorders (ASD)
Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings & Weekends. Office based or home visits. Ring/email to ask a question. *Please see 'no waiting list days/times' on the right hand side of this page
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|