Diane Feeney Therapeutic Couns Dip MBACP & Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) Dip
07845 795 717
Do you feel anxious, depressed or overwhelmed with problems? I offer a safe space. Counselling for Adults, families, y/p, short/long term Office or home visits FACE2FACE. Free half hour consultation. Relationship issues, bereavement, anxiety, depression etc.
- Office based Ormskirk, Preston, Southport, Liverpool & St Helens
- Or at your home North West area
- Short or long term ~ Working within the BACP Ethical Framework
- Qualified & experienced ~ Member of BACP (MBACP) registered no:299337
- Enhanced Disclosure ~ to work with Adults and Young People
- Reduced rates leading up to Christmas
Hello and Welcome ~ My name is Diane and I am a qualified to counsel clients within different elements of counselling. I enable a trusting working relationship for you to say anything that comes into your thoughts, no matter how difficult or complicated it may be. I will be there for you. Perhaps something that comes up is embarrassing, unrelated to the main issue but I will still be there to listen to where your thoughts and feelings take you within each session.
*No waiting list for the following time slots:-
Wk beg: 10.12.18 - Morn Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur & Fri & Eve Mon, Wed & Fri
Anxieties and Depression ~ Can creep upon us slowly without us realising they are building up. A small worry can be magnified but the chain reaction of our ‘scared feeling’ can be over whelming. Do you have lots of small worries, a mix of big and small concerns or an overriding panic that churns your stomach?
Loss ~ Are you having feelings of loss and pain of a different kind that perhaps you have never experienced before? You may wonder; "When will this sad feeling end?" and "Should I be over this by now?". You may feel numb and empty and wonder "Will I ever be happy again?"
Trust ~ I believe that trust is a very sacred thing, but trusting others can be dangerous because we can put all our hopes and dreams into someone. Have you trusted someone only to have it broken resulting in you getting hurt ~ ‘a feeling of being shattered into tiny pieces' feeling fragmented. This is why you will find the benefit to express your thoughts and feelings in a safe and secure place.
Addictions ~ Your thoughts drive your behaviours that can result in damaging cycles of addictions. This becomes just a like a merry go round that we cannot get off. The road to recovery may begin but often this can lead to a lapse or relapse.
'Elements In Counselling' Provides:
Person Centered Counselling a humanistic person centered approach ~ Carl Rogers Theory. Core conditions provided by the counsellor for the client to reach their full potential by valuing the clients views and perspectives. A space for you to express your thoughts and feelings. What is on your mind, what is making you anxious or depressed? We will work at a pace that you feel comfortable with.
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) provides a focus on challenging and changing unhelpful thoughts, your actions or behaviours. CBT offers more of a directive approach from the counsellor by looking at solutions to problems and issues that the client brings.
Integrative Therapy a combination of the above therapies to fit your requirements
Sand/Play Therapy observation and gentle facilitation by the therapist to enable children/young people to act out and express their emotions and feelings. I provide a 'secure base' for children/young people to feel relaxed and safe. Full enhanced disclosure.
Working within different Elements of your worries: Anxiety, Depression, Sleeping problems, Bereavement, Loss, Miscarriage, Relationship issues, Affairs and Betrayals, Addictions, Work Related Issues, Work place conflict, Loneliness, Bullying, Divorce, Separation, co-dependency issues, Trauma/Abuse, Rape/Sexual Abuse, Emotional Abuse, Phobias, Low Self-Esteem, Shyness, Self Harm & Suicidal Thoughts, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Child Related Behaviour Problems and Stresses.
Or you may be feeling sad and not know the reason why. You may be undecided if you are in need of counselling sessions. You may want one or two sessions to talk to someone about a nagging feeling or issue and then decide if you want to continue.
What happens in therapy?
How therapists work ~ Talking therapy sessions can take many different forms, depending on your needs, the type of therapy you have and where or how that therapy is delivered. (BACP, 2018). Email me to find out key facts of what happens in your first session. Fact sheet free of charge.
The type of Counselling or Therapy for you ~ We can discuss what you feel will suit you best. Either - non directive Person Centered therapy or a more directive approach of Cognitive Behaviour therapy (CBT). Alternatively, I can offer an integrative approach including other therapies if you desire. If you are unsure of what the above entails I am happy to explain over the phone with no obligation for you to attend an appointment.
Home Visits: This may be an alternative arrangement through discussion that can be arranged.
My Experience: I have worked as a counsellor within different organisations for adults, children and young people. This includes Bereavement Counselling Services, Addictions Counselling, School Counsellor, Rape and Sexual Abuse Counselling Services both female and male clients.
I have worked in educational settings for over 20 years within primary and secondary schools (Support with Social and Emotional Aspects of Learning SEAL), youth groups and young offenders supporting parents, children and young people. My one to one work with children has encompassed working with children on the Autistic spectrum, dyspraxia and other SEND.
Working as a Family Support Officer for young carers and their families. Families requiring support with the emotional turmoil of coping with palliative care, short and long term disabilities or support for a family member with addictions.
Mentor for young people ~ Evolve Project at Edge Hill University, Ormskirk, Lancashire.
I have supported families with a loved one in custody, providing a 'listening ear', mentoring and assessments based on needs or requirements. Facilitator for drug and alcohol addictions Solution Focused Therapy based on the 'cycle of change.'
I currently work for a charity as a counsellor and I am a manager in another setting.
Questions: Please feel free to ask any questions and we can discuss on the phone prior to your appointment. My aim is to make you feel at ease and enable you to gain fulfillment from your counselling sessions.
Book online ~ Click on the link above now to book an appointment
Call me today for an appointment ~ leave a message: please speak slowly & clearly
Ring or email to ask a question. Find out about fees for telephone or online counselling provided by Elements in Counselling.
I will try to get back to you as soon as possible.
**PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO THE VERY BOTTOM FOR A LIST OF MY FEES
Training, qualifications & experience
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapeutic Skills & Theory (CBT) Dip Level 5
- Person Centered Therapeutic Counselling Dip Level 4
- Degree B.A. (Hons) 2.1 Edge Hill University
- Counselling Skills Level 3
- Youth Work Level 2
- A1 Assessor Social Care
- Rape Crisis Midlands Network Level 3 Professionals working in sexual violence sector
- Working with Women & Girls in the Sexual Violence Sector
- Sexual Violence against Men and Boys
- Impact of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Supporting Survivors to Explore Suicidal Feelings
- Coping strategies for Surviving Violence
- Rape and the Legal System
- Rape as a Weapon of War
- Working with Survivors of Abuse Related to Faith or Belief
- Rape Crisis Midlands Network Level 2
- Safeguarding Adults and Children from Sexual Abuse
Continual Professional Development
- Mindfulness 2014 & 2018
- Naloxone Training 2018
- Connect Programme 2018 – programme facilitator (How to maintain your relationship and make it stronger)
- Adult Safeguarding Training 2017
- Child Safeguarding Training 2017
- Place2Be Training Play Therapy 2016
- Place2Be Training Sand Therapy 2016
- Place2Be Helping Children to Tell Their Stories 2017
- Place2Be Hidden Harm 1 & 2 2017
- Place2Be Making Endings with Children 2017
- BACP Working with Bereavement 2016
- Attachment Theory 2016
- Domestic Violence Awareness 2010 & 2017
- Restorative Justice 2012 & 2013
- Child Sexual Exploitation 2012, 2013 & 2015
- Equality and Diversity 2013, 2014 & 2015
- Autism Awareness 2013 & 2016
- Drug and Alcohol Awareness 2014, 2017 & 2018
- Eating Disorders 2014 & 2017
- RASA Rape and Sexual Violence 2014
- Child Sexual Exploitation 2014
- UK Child Bereavement Training 'The Death of a child' 2017
- Parents Protect Training 2016
- NHS Manchester Connect 5 CBT Mental Health 2016
- Circles Training (Couples & Family Relationships) 2016 & 2017
- Hidden Sentence Training 2016
- Supporting Children with Challenging Behaviour 2012
- Lone Working 2012
- NHS Stockport Supporting children speaking through Narrative 2014
- Working with couples and families (Relationships ~ Maintaining the Bond)
- Working with clients in relation to pre bereavement
- Bereavement Services (Adults, children & young people)
- Rape & Sexual Abuse (RASA Merseyside), Adults & Children
- Place2Be (Children/young people sand/play therapy)
- Drug and Alcohol Services group facilitator, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Barnardo's, supporting vulnerable persons
- Edge Hill University, Mentor for young people
- Women's Services Skelmersdale
- St Helen's Young Carers, Family Support Officer
- Women's Turnaround Project, supporting women during the court process at Liverpool Magistrates
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Helping you to cope with your 'mindtraps'
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
1. Face to Face Counselling (Adults, children & YP)
Telephone consultation: Free half hour (then we can begin more or less straight away in your first session)
Face to Face, First Session: £20.00 per hour Subsequent Sessions: £35.00 per hour
No obligation for a set amount of weeks, although generally sessions can last for about six/seven sessions. If you decide you would like more this can be arranged. The main thing is that the sessions are right for you.
2. Counselling Trainees:
First session £15.00 per hour Subsequent Sessions: £ 20.00 per hour
3. Play Therapy, Sand Therapy
Please email for prices of the above.
Cash or Bank transfer
Parking: Free parking
Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP Registration Number: 299337
BACP Certificate of Proficiency
Enhanced Disclosure to work with adults and children
Elements In Counselling are here for you.
#All About YOU:
YOU may be experiencing ANTS - Automatic Negative Thoughts due to your anxieties or depression because of your pattern of negative thinking. These 'mind traps' can become part of your belief systems resulting you feeling you are 'never good enough' or 'it always happens to me' the outcome of these thoughts will make you feel even more anxious or depressed.
For this work we can look at your early childhood schemas and your formulation bonding as a child with your care givers. But again we will work at your pace enabling you to feel comfortable in looking at your inner child.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Home visits available in the North West and depending on my availability.
Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings & Weekends. Office based or home visits *Please see 'no waiting list days/times' on the right just below Hello & Welcome paragraph>
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|