Diane Feeney- Couns.Dip,CBT.Dip,BAHons,MBACP - Adults, Couples & Young People
NO WAITING LIST Certain Days...Coping with a loss? Bereavement, Relationships or your Job? Disbelief leading to Anxieties or Panics Attacks? Telephone/online CBT/person-centred. Adults, Couples,Young People. FACE 2 FACE, *Reduced fee for: -ZOOM, SKYPE & Phone counselling. Issues affecting your whole family or for the individual? Either way a chance to be heard. A time for you to express how you feel with a qualified, experienced, confidential and non-judgmental Therapist.
Hello and Welcome ~ My name is Diane and I am qualified to counsel clients within different elements of counselling. I enable a trusting working relationship for you to say anything that comes into your thoughts, no matter how difficult or complicated it may be. I will be there for you. Perhaps something that comes up is embarrassing, unrelated to the main issue but I will still be there to listen to where your thoughts and feelings take you within each session.
FACE 2 FACE
- Socially distanced seating for face to face counselling
- Covid19 restrictions in place/all areas sterilised after every client
I offer a FREE 15-Minute consultation for you to decide whether working with me is right for you.
How are you feeling right now?
Confused, disbelief, anxious, fearful, trouble sleeping, worried about the future, strained relationships. Do you wonder how long will your uncomfortable feelings last?
Are you experiencing that sick feeling in your stomach?... That's anxiety.
I can help to elevate your low mood, anxiousness and depressive feelings.
I am flexible and able to provide a one-off session or see how you go (one at a time therapy) for those who are unable to commit to long-term therapy. Appointment times for your sessions - Open 7 days a week phone, online, Zoom etc 9 am to 8 pm.**
*Shift workers & *busy parents - late night appointments via phone counselling on offer 9 pm to 10 pm. I phone you so no additional cost.
Getting in touch...
If you have any questions about counselling, you would like to book a session or have a FREE 15-minute chat, then please get in touch today. You can call or text me on 07494 120291 or click here to send me an email.
*Please check your 'junk email box'*
Should I be unable to take the call, please leave a message and I will try my utmost to get back to you between my appointments.
Keep safe and remember these three words... "This will pass"
Are you affected by any of the following?
Loss: Are you having feelings of loss and pain of a different kind that perhaps you have never experienced before? You may wonder; "When will this sad feeling end?" and "Should I be over this by now?". You may feel numb and empty and wonder "Will I ever be happy again?"
Pre Bereavement (Anticipatory grief) you may be caring for some one that is dying and want to talk about how your feel and are coping.
Anxieties and Depression: Can creep up on us slowly without us realising they are building up. A small worry can be magnified but the chain reaction of our ‘scared feeling’ can be overwhelming. Do you have lots of small worries, a mix of big and small concerns or an overriding panic that churns your stomach?
Trust: I believe that trust is a very sacred thing, but trusting others can be heart-wrenching because we can put all our hopes and dreams into someone. Have you trusted someone only to have it broken resulting in you getting hurt ~ ‘a feeling of being shattered into tiny pieces' feeling fragmented? This is why you will find the benefit to express your thoughts and feelings in a safe and secure place.
Addictions: Your thoughts drive your behaviours that can result in damaging cycles of addictions. This becomes just like a merry go round that we cannot get off. The road to recovery may begin but often this can lead to a lapse or relapse. Let me help you with solution-focused therapy. We can work together at your pace.
Or you may be feeling sad and not know the reason why. You may be undecided if you are in need of counselling sessions. You may want one or two sessions to talk to someone about a nagging feeling or issue and then decide if you want to continue.
Children and Young People:
I have experience working with children and young people over 20 years. Working at 'Place to Be' in schools within the Merseyside Area. As well as counselling children in schools across Lancashire areas.
I have worked in different settings e.g. Trinity Hospice Blackpool, Youth centres and Young offenders panel, prisoners children, young carers and Looked After Children (LAC).
How can I help you?
Person-centred counselling a humanistic person-centred approach ~ Carl Rogers Theory. Core conditions provided by the counsellor for the client to reach their full potential by valuing the client's views and perspectives. Space for you to express your thoughts and feelings. What is on your mind, what is making you anxious or depressed? We will work at a pace that you feel comfortable with.
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) provides a focus on challenging and changing unhelpful thoughts, your actions or behaviours. CBT offers more of a directive approach from the counsellor by looking at solutions to problems and issues that the client brings.
Integrative Therapy a combination of the above therapies.
Sand/Play Therapy: observation and gentle facilitation by the therapist to enable children/young people to act out and express their emotions and feelings. I provide a 'secure base' for children/young people to feel relaxed and safe. Full enhanced disclosure.
Creative Art: One to one sessions for children and young people aged 4 to 18 years -planned for different age ranges and abilities.
Adult You don't have to be an expert artist to engage in creative arts. Contact me and find out how you can find true relaxation and inner calmness. You can choose the length for your session between a 60-minute session or 90-minute session weekly or fortnightly.
Create and talk - some of my clients prefer this method rather than sitting face to face talking about what is on their mind.
1) Do I have to pay for blocks of sessions? No, this is because you are free to cancel at any time.
2) What happens in the very first session. Within the first session, I will explain about the different types of counselling on offer. We will also go through the counseling contract.
3) Can I bring my friend into the counselling room? No, sorry the sessions are just on a one to one basis.
4) Will I be able to get a diagnosis? No, sorry I am not a qualified doctor
5) Is there disabled access? Yes.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BACP Certificate in Proficiency & registered member (MBACP)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapeutic Skills & Theory (CBT) Dip Level 5
- Person Centered Therapeutic Counselling Dip Level 4
- Degree B.A. (Hons) 2.1 Edge Hill University
- Counselling Skills Level 3
- Qualified Accredited Recovery Coach
- Qualified Accredited Family Coach
- SMART Facilitator
- Youth Work Level 2
- A1 Assessor Social Care
- Rape Crisis Midlands Network Level 3 Professionals working in sexual violence sector
- Working with Women & Girls in the Sexual Violence Sector
- Sexual Violence against Men and Boys
- Impact of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Supporting Survivors to Explore Suicidal Feelings
- Coping strategies for Surviving Violence
- Rape and the Legal System
- Rape as a Weapon of War
- Working with Survivors of Abuse Related to Faith or Belief
- Rape Crisis Midlands Network Level 2
- Safeguarding Adults and Children from Sexual Abuse
Continual Professional Development
- Childhoods - ACES 2019
- Prevent Training 2019 & FGM 2019
- Mindfulness 2014 & 2018
- Suicide Idealisation training 2019
- Naloxone Training 2018
- Connect Programme 2018 – programme facilitator (How to maintain your relationship and make it stronger
- Adult Safeguarding Training updated Feb 2019
- Child Safeguarding Training updated Feb 2019
- Place2Be Training Play Therapy 2016
- Place2Be Training Sand Therapy 2016
- Place2Be Helping Children to Tell Their Stories 2017
- Place2Be Hidden Harm 1 & 2 2017
- Place2Be Making Endings with Children 2017
- BACP Working with Bereavement 2016
- Attachment Theory 2016
- Inner Child Workshop 2016
- Domestic Violence Awareness 2010 & 2017
- Restorative Justice 2012 & 2013
- Child Sexual Exploitation 2012, 2014, 2015 & 2019
- Equality and Diversity 2013, 2014 & 2015
- Autism Awareness 2013 & 2016
- Drug and Alcohol Awareness 2014, 2017 & 2018
- Eating Disorders 2014 & 2017
- RASA Rape and Sexual Violence 2014
- UK Child Bereavement Training 'The Death of a child' 2017
- Parents Protect Training 2016
- NHS Manchester Connect 5 CBT Mental Health 2016
- Circles Training (Couples & Family Relationships) 2016 & 2017
- Hidden Sentence Training 2016
- Supporting Children with Challenging Behaviour 2012
- Lone Working 2012
- NHS Stockport Supporting children speaking through Narrative 2014
Currently employed as an counsellor in Preston and Manager of another setting also in Preston. In between this I have my own private practice.
- Mentor for student counsellors - person centered and CBT Uclan Preston & Blackburn College whilst on work placement at my place of work in Preston
- Mentor for CAMHS Students from Edge Hill University Ormskirk whilst on work placement at my place of work in Preston
- Counselling young people engaging in risky behaviours (WL Local Authority)
- Relationship Link Worker Prison Sevices HMP Wymott & HMP Garth
- Working with couples and families (Relationships ~ Maintaining the Bond)
- Working with clients in relation to pre bereavement
- Bereavement Services (Adults, children & young people)
- Rape & Sexual Abuse (RASA Merseyside), Adults & Children
- Place2Be (Children/young people sand/play therapy)
- Drug and Alcohol Services group facilitator, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- SMART Facilitator
- Barnardo's, supporting vulnerable persons
- Edge Hill University, Mentor for young people
- Women's Services Skelmersdale support worker
- St Helen's Young Carers, Family Support Officer
- Women's Turnaround Project, supporting women during the court process at Liverpool Magistrates
My Experience: I have worked as a counsellor within different organisations for adults, children and young people. This includes Bereavement Counselling Services, Addictions Counselling, School Counsellor, Rape and Sexual Abuse Counselling Services both female and male clients.
I have worked in educational settings for over 20 years within primary and secondary schools (Support with Social and Emotional Aspects of Learning SEAL), youth groups and young offenders supporting parents, children and young people. My one to one work with children has encompassed working with children on the Autistic spectrum, dyspraxia and other SEND.
Working as a Family Support Officer for young carers and their families. Families requiring support with the emotional unrest of coping with palliative care, short and long term disabilities or support for a family member with addictions.
Mentor for young people ~ Evolve Project at Edge Hill University, Ormskirk, Lancashire.
I have supported families with a loved one in custody, providing a 'listening ear', mentoring and assessments based on needs or requirements. Facilitator for drug and alcohol addictions Solution Focused Therapy based on the 'cycle of change.'
I currently work for a charity as a counsellor providing Person centered counselling and CBT and I am a manager in another setting. In addition, provide mentoring and peer supervision for an organisation in Preston for students studying person centered talking therapies and CBT.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Play Therapy
- Sand Therapy
- Creative arts for all ages
- Helping you to cope with your 'mindtraps'
- Pet Bereavement
1. TELEPHONE, ZOOM,SKYPE, WHATSAPP, MESSAGING & ONLINE EMAIL:
- PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR PRICES - 0749 4120291
2. Face to Face, First Session:
- Free chat/consultation
- Sliding Scale
No obligation for a set amount of weeks, although generally sessions can last for about six/seven sessions. If you decide you would like more this can be arranged. The main thing is that the sessions are right for you.
Perhaps you work shifts and not always available every week. You may prefer fortnightly counselling sessions. Contact me and we can discuss.
3. Couples, Family or Group Work - Face to Face
- Depending on size of group
4. Play Therapy, Sand Therapy Face to Face
- Please email for prices of the above.
5. Special Educational Needs & Disability (SEND) - Welcome to Children, Young People and adults with autism spectrum disorders (ASD)
6. LAC - Face to Face
Please email me detailing your requirements and I can provide quotes and invoices.
5. Mindfulness Session
- sliding scale per session 1:1
- Groups depending on size
- Cash or Bank transfer [all payments in advance in order to secure the booking]
- Free parking
Concessions offered for
- Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- BACP Registration Number: 299337
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency
- Enhanced Disclosure to work with adults and children
- Children, Young People and adults affected by autism spectrum disorders (ASD)
#All About YOU:
YOU may be experiencing ANTS - Automatic Negative Thoughts due to your anxieties or depression because of your pattern of negative thinking. These 'mind traps' can become part of your belief systems resulting you feeling you are 'never good enough' or 'it always happens to me' the outcome of these thoughts will make you feel even more anxious or depressed.
For this work, we can look at your early childhood schemes and your formulation bonding as a child with your caregivers. But again we will work at your pace enabling you to feel comfortable in looking at your inner child.
I provide a confidential safe space with warmth & understanding. Anxiety can lead to depression or one can impact on the other. All of this can have an effect on other family members. The not knowing of what the outcomes will be, can start to bring intrusive thoughts into our minds. I provide counselling for Adults, Children and Young People (C&YP) & Couples. Talking it through with someone impartial can often help with your overwhelming feelings of despair. Ring or email me to ask a question. (Usually, Office-based Ormskirk, Burscough & Preston etc & home visits available North West Area. Suspended at this current time)
**COVID19: TELEPHONE COUNSELLING, ZOOm, SKYPE, WHATSAPP, EMAIL, MESSAGING **
I work in different ELEMENTS IN COUNSELLING and PSYCHOTHERAPY...
- Maybe it is you that has doubts about your relationship and want it to end.
- Perhaps you are seeking a new partner and feel lost in the cycle of dating finding it challenging or discovering online dating to be frustrating.
- Feeling lost because you were a couple now you are suddenly single & making all the decisions.
- You may have lost a partner through bereavement and feel guilty in wanting a new relationship.
- Your relationship may have changed due to illness of either yourself or your partner
- A fall out with a friend is causing you anxieties or your parents are separating
- Perhaps work relationships have altered and you feel uneasy, threatened or bullied
- Or have a need to discover the real you, unearthing the relationship you have with yourself?
>>OTHER PROBLEMS? - Scroll down to see the other Areas/issues that I cover<<
* Daytime and Evening including Saturday and Sunday
Face to Face:- (Face to Face currently suspended)
1. Email/ring me now and we can arrange an appointment at a time that suits you
3. Short or long term counselling available for Adults, Children and Young People (CYP) counselling for different elements - talking therapies, solution-focused, play and sand therapy younger children. Creative art for all ages.
4. Couples, Family or group work
***Please see Below for Children and Young People
Adults - Never had counselling before? or You have had counselling on other occasions and feel the need to revisit - either way:-
You have taken the first step already in reading this! Now the next step...contact me.
Telephone Counselling - One hour sessions with reflective feedback - extra cost for this addition
5. Perhaps this is something that will suit you. Sessions available weekly, fortnightly etc. Ring me to see what will fit with you right now. No commitment for a set amount of weeks.
Working within different Elements of your worries: Stresses, Feeling Sad, Worries about Exams, Bereavement and pre Bereavement, suicide Bereavement, Affairs, Betrayals, Separation, Divorce, Sleeping Problems, Shift Worker Disorder, Addictions, Gambling, Drug misuse, Alcohol, Hoarding, Trauma/Abuse, Rape/Sexual Abuse, Emotional Abuse, Work Related Issues, Workplace conflict, Loneliness, Bullying, co-dependency issues, Panic Disorder, Phobias, Low Self-Esteem, Shyness, Self Harm & Suicidal Thoughts, Anger, Feelings of self-shame, Social Anxiety, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, OCD, Infertility, Miscarriage, Abortion, Child Related Behaviour Problems and Stresses.
I have always had a strong desire to help others. The unexpected can happen to anyone and there are times when we need to reach out for help. I have experienced those feelings and that is why I understand and have compassion for others experiencing emotional pain. Sometimes it can be difficult to talk to family and friends. Relationships with partners can become strained due to expressing our emotional turmoil or they may be part of the reason why we feel anxious or depressed.
- Office-based Ormskirk, Burscough, Preston, Southport, Liverpool & St Helens
- Or at your home North West area
- Short or long term ~ Working within the BACP Ethical Framework
- Qualified & experienced ~ Member of BACP (MBACP) registered no:299337
- Enhanced Disclosure ~ to work with Adults and Young People
Questions? scroll down to the bottom of the page.
"Diane, talking about my problems through with you has helped enormously" Miss E. From Preston
"My anxious feelings went higher just before the telephone counselling but in all honesty I am glad I did it and continuing. I have suffered with anxiety and depression for many years. I am not there yet but speaking to Diane keeps me going. It is like getting refueled for the next week ahead. My name is Joe and I am happy for people to know who I am and I live in Maghull. My partner works for the NHS and I want to use this opportunity to say - I love you so much." Joe Maghull.
“Thanks Diane, for giving me the confidence to overcome my anxiousness and fears. I wish I had heard of CBT sooner!” R. from Merseyside
“Diane shows a very caring attitude with warmth and sensitivity” B. from Ormskirk
"It has been a long path but thank you for guiding us both through our relationship issues to enable us to be close again" Couple from Aughton
“Excellent service from a very committed lady. Good to have someone to talk to when most needed. Many Thanks.” Mr. L. from Ormskirk
"On behalf of my young son, I want to say a huge thank you for 5 sessions of sand and play therapy" N Southport
"Feeling now that I can cope, thanks for listening and understanding" K from Preston
“Hi Diane, I just wanted to say thank you for helping me rid me of feelings of guilt and anguish with the loss I have suffered” Mrs.C. from Preston
"I feel so much stronger, more confident and interested in life again" AK Blackburn
Questions: Please feel free to ask any questions and we can discuss on the phone prior to your appointment. My aim is to make you feel at ease and enable you to gain fulfilment from your counselling sessions.
Home Visits: This may be an alternative arrangement through discussion that can be arranged.
Book online ~ Click on the link above now to book an appointment
Call me today for an appointment ~ leave a message: please speak slowly & clearly
Ring or email to ask a question. I will try to get back to you as soon as possible.