Debbie Keenan MBACP Registered Integrative Counsellor, Dip CBT, Mindfulness
Hello, my name is Debbie, and I am an Integrative counsellor. This means that I draw on different theoretical models to provide my clients with a tailored approach to match their individual needs. I help clients gain a deeper understanding of their self by working through obstacles and difficulties, exploring why these may have arisen, and how to learn and move on from them. I know firsthand how daunting it can be going into therapy, but even though making that first step is hard, it is undeniably a step towards healing. I will be alongside you every step of the way, offering warmth, support, an open mind and understanding.
In addition to being a registered member of the BACP, I am a mindfulness practitioner and life coach. I believe in healing the whole person, which includes the mind and body. I will walk alongside you to make sense of your experiences and explore new ways of being. In this way, I hope to help you gain greater insight and understanding of yourself.
How counselling can help:
I provide a compassionate, open, non-judgemental space. I want to support you in gaining a deeper insight into drivers of distress, overcome emotional barriers and find alternative ways to cope or bring about change so that you can achieve an optimum state of mental health and wellbeing. Please get in touch and take the first step in owning your future.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 4 Diploma in CBT, 2 year study, 2018
- Post Graduate in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy from the University of South Wales in 2019
- University of South Wales 2019, The Dean’s Prize for Most Outstanding and Notable Achievement, in the School of Psychology and Therapeutic Studies
- Last year of a three year Masters in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy, University of South Wales
- Trained adults and children in mindfulness techniques and held training courses for adults in counselling skills, level 3 Teacher/Trainer education qualification.
- Volunteer counsellor at University of South Wales Therapy, which sees NHS and private clients
- Volunteer counsellor for people with addictions and personality disorders
- Set up a placement for counselling children in an education setting-2016
- Mindfulness Practitioner
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£45.00 per session
Free initial telephone or online session
- £45 per session
- Sliding scale available
- Remote therapy via telephone, Zoom or Skype
- Walk and Talk Therapy available
Face to Face Therapy will resume when Covid restrictions are lifted.
Evening and weekend appointments available.
Now taking on new clients.
- Remote Therapy via telephone, Zoom or Skype
- Walk and Talk Therapy available
- Face to Face Therapy
I regularly attend training events such as Mental Health First Aid, The Freedom Programme, Domestic Abuse, Suicide Intervention, Child Abuse, Emotional Freedom Therapy, (EFT), ACES (Adverse Childhood Experiences, and Family Support Training.
Guest speaker at MISP International Conference 2020, speaking about the importance of Mental Health Awareness and Mindfulness. Also, I have been used as a case study by MISP.
I am a Registered Member of the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP).