Anna Howells - Registered Member MBACP (Accredited)
Choosing a therapist can be a daunting task whether this is your first time and you are not exactly sure what it is all about or whether you have had counselling in the past and are looking to return.
I offer a friendly, confidential and professional counselling service for adults and young people where you will be supported and encouraged to begin to make sense of how you are feeling during difficult times.
I believe we all have an inborn ability and desire to grow towards fulfilling our true potential and that only we are the experts on our lives. The way I work reflects my own personal values, where I believe we all deserve genuine acceptance and respectful understanding. By providing the right space, time and support, individuals have an opportunity to become more self-aware, leading to greater confidence, improved relationships and empowerment.
Training, qualifications & experience
I hold a Foundation Degree in Therapeutic Counselling awarded by Bath Spa University plus a Certificate in Working with Children and Young People gained through Weston College. I also hold a Certificate in Counselling for Depression achieved at the Metanoia Institute London. I have also gained a Certificate in the Study of the Couple Relationship awarded by Tavistock Relationships London and have attended Part 1 of a four-part EMDR training programme.
As an Accredited Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (www.bacp.co.uk), I work within their ethical framework of good practice and have regular supervision for my therapeutic work. I hold a current DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) Certificate.
I am committed to regular Continuous Professional Development.
- Offering Counselling for Depression within the NHS
- Offering brief intervention for Mental Health Issues (CBT) in GP surgeries within the NHS
- As a volunteer Youth Counsellor in Swindon
- As a School Counsellor within schools in both North Somerset and Gloucestershire
- As a volunteer Bereavement Counsellor at a Hospice in North Somerset
- Offering counselling to Carers and Young Carers throughout North Somerset
- Additionally, I have over 18 years’ experience working alongside young people in an academic and caring environment gained through Primary and Secondary Schools plus experience of supporting disaffected young people within a Referral Unit.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Eating disorders
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Introductory counselling session: 30 minutes - Free
Face-to-face counselling session: 50 minutes - £40
In certain circumstances home visits are also offered
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime, evening and a limited number of Saturday morning appointments are offered depending of availability.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|