Allie Henderson - Pluralistic Counsellor, PGDip, BACP Registered
I offer counselling for stress, anxiety, depression, life transitions, relationship issues, sexual abuse, trauma and substance misuse. I provide experienced, confidential and caring counselling based on what you would like to change and using your ideas about what works for you. You may not be sure what you want to change or what works but we can figure this out together. Contact me for a friendly chat and we can decide if I am the right person to help you with your difficulties.
The counselling that I offer is based on the belief that people who come for counselling are experts on their own lives (even if they don’t feel like they are). For me one of the main roles of a counsellor is to help you to make best use of your own experience and understanding.This means that I try to be as flexible as possible in responding to your needs, known as the ‘pluralistic approach’ to counselling.
Training, qualifications & experience
I began my counselling training in 2010 and completed a Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling at Abertay University, Dundee in 2013.
I have worked with carers as a counsellor and support worker for seven years in Dundee, Aberdeenshire and Angus. This work has included counselling for mental health problems, changes to life circumstances, relationship issues and bereavement.
I have three years experience counselling people with substance misuse problems and have worked for four years supporting people affected by someone's substance misuse.
I am a counsellor for survivors of sexual abuse with the Angus charity Hear Me.
- Trauma and the Body (Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors Training)
- DID and Dissociation: The Fundamentals (Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors Training)
- Child Sexual Abuse: Hope for Healing (Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors Training)
- Working with Partners of People with Mental Health (Greenwood Events)
- ASIST Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- SMART Recovery Facilitator Training
- WRAP (Wellness Recovery Action Planning) Facilitator Training (Scottish Recovery Network)
- Living Life to the Full online resources training
- Mental Health Myth Busting Workshop (Minds Matter)
- Commonly Misused Substances (Angus Council)
- Working with Mindfulness in Therapy (Alison Shoemark)
- Solution Focused Interactions (Steve Smith)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
A 60 minute session is £45.
Payment accepted by cash or card at the end of each session. Payment for telephone or online sessions is made by Paypal or bank transfer.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday 9am-4pm* Tuesday 10am-7pm* Wednesday 9am-5pm* Thursday 9am-5pm* Enquiries received on Fridays/weekends may not have a response until Monday. *Time last appointment starts
Types of client