Dani Fowkes, MBACP (Registered), Diploma in Integrative Counselling
Banbury Therapy Centre
69 Oxford Road
8 Melbourne Close
01295 268185 / 07791 271056
Suffering is part of every human life and is usually a symptom of our efforts to adapt and respond to the demands of our every day lives. Therefore it is natural and normal that at times we can feel dissatisfied, anxious or uncertain. Whilst we have the resources to face and overcome these challenges, we may experience them to varying degrees, from being mildly uncomfortable to severely overwhelming. In this context, talking therapies aim to enhance every individual’s potential for self fulfilment, personal growth and self awareness. It is, in the end, mostly our intolerance of and our disposition to avoid unpleasantness that causes the actual issues; in short our mindset.
Talking therapies are good for a number of reasons:
- You wish to understand the stress factors in your work or home life that cause you anxiety.
- You wish to identify unhelpful thinking patterns that impact your mood.
- You wish to identify and explore obstacles such as anxiety that stop you from realising your potential.
- You find relationships that are important to you challenging and difficult.
- You feel generally anxious and insecure about your current life circumstances.
I can help, if you wish to develop your ability to cope with:
- Work related stress
- Personal Development
- Lack of motivation
- Feeling low or depressed
- Lack of self esteem
- Difficulties in decision making
- Unemployment, redundancy or retirement
- Loss, bereavement
- Childhood Abuse
- Domestic Violence
- Separation or divorce
- Family and relationship difficulties
- Feeling suicidal and self harm
- Cultural issue
I am a therapist from an engineering background who has a very straightforward approach to facilitate change. I understand people as occupational beings who require practical skills to represent their own existence in a very busy and demanding world. Life circumstances can compromise at times our integrity and autonomy, but also our ability to grow and to create new opportunities for ourselves. I am able to work with a number of theoretical approaches in order to meet your individual needs, but my main area of expertise is solution focused brief therapy. If you would like to discuss your understanding and expectations of counselling, I can offer you an initial consultation meeting of 30 minutes. I can also offer a safe and regular space which can be used to explore your own insights into an issue or what you seek to achieve in your life.
The outcomes of a talking therapy could be that:
- You have gained more clarity.
- You have more tolerance and acceptance.
- You feel ready to make important decision.
- You have more appreciation for yourself.
- You feel more confident.
- You find it easier to cope with current challenges.
- You can negotiate between your own and other people’s points of view.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training & Qualifications
- Registered Member BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy / Professional Standards Authority - Accredited Register)
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling - CPCAB (Counselling & Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (CPCAP)
- Certificate in Bereavement Care (Ascentis/Cruse)
- Ongoing – BSc. Psychology (Open University)
- Ongoing – Certificate in Crisis and Trauma (Accredited through Glasgow Caledonian University)
I am an experienced therapist who works with adults from all backgrounds. I also work as a fulltime Counsellor/Case Manager for an Employee Assistance Programme in West London as well as in private practice.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
I charge £45.00 for a 50 minute session and I offer concessions to students and individuals on low income. I can offer daytime and evening appointments from Monday to Friday.
I am a registered member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy) and as such I am committed to observe my client’s best interest at all times. I attend monthly supervision to discuss my professional approach with clients. I am also dedicated to my professional development through continuing further education and regular training workshops.
As a member of the BACP I abide by the guidelines within the Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||German (native speaker)|
Early morning appointments from 6am onwards available.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|