Tarisha Finnegan-Clarke MA UKCP
Fulcrum House 3 Grove Road
Top Of Blackboy Hill
0117 953 7772 / 0797 965 1958
I am a fully accredited psychotherapist / counsellor. I have experience working with adults on a wide range of issues, including anxiety, depression, emotional distress, relationship difficulties and trauma. I have a friendly, respectful and approachable manner.
I offer a free initial consultation.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and Qualifications:
- My professional training is an MA in Core Process Psychotherapy; a psychodynamic, body-based approach.
- I have a PG Diploma in Movement Psychotherapy; a somatic, body-movement orientated approach.
- I receive supervision commensurate with UKCP requirements.
- I have clinical experience working for the NHS, Social Services and the private and charity sectors. I have worked with adults and adolescents with a variety of presenting difficulties including; depression, generalised anxiety, relationship difficulties, affairs and betrayals, post-traumatic stress, loss and bereavement, anger and control issues, separation and abandonment issues, low self-esteem, abusive relationships, multiple-selves, divorce, pre and peri-natal & post natal depression, 'stuckness', Borderline Personality Disorder, dissociation amongst others. I also work with people who are struggling with spiritual and existential issues.
I work in a relational way bringing awareness to what arises in the sessions. This may include depending on the clients preference; incorporating body felt sensations, the imagination, art & movement to make conscious what is asking to be known. My approach is underpinned by psycho-dynamic theory and experience. I have found that we often struggle repeatedly feeling and acting in a way that does not create happiness for ourselves or for others, but we feel powerless to change these dynamics. By being with the material together, in a safe and supportive way clients have often reported, a lightness, a courage and a sense of meaning returning to their life.
- I am a fully accredited member of the United Kingdom Council of Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- I am a Registered member of the Association of Dance Movement Psychotherapists (RADMP)
- I am a member of CAPPP a networking organisation for counsellors and psychotherapists in private practice in the South West
- I am a member of the Association of Core Process Psychotherapists (ACPP)
- I am a member of the Counsellors' Collective South West
- I am a member of Psychotherapists and Counsellors for Social Responsibilities (PCSR)
- I am a member of a long running peer support group.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
The introductory meeting (which usually lasts up to 40 minutes) is free of charge.
My fee is £50 for a one-hour session. I have a few low cost places.
I also run a low cost clinic for people on benefits. This can be discussed at the initial meeting.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon - Friday 8am - 7pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|