Sarah Pearce Dip.Couns MBACP(Reg)
It can be hard to know where to start. I offer a free, no obligation, 30 minute consultation, which gives us a chance to meet, to start to talk about what is troubling you and to answer any questions you may have about counselling.
I am a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and have experience of working with a range of emotional difficulties, as well as personal development. Life can throw obstacles at us which can leave us feeling overwhelmed. My counselling room provides a safe, confidential and caring space where I will listen to you and support you. Together we can look at what is important to you, explore areas of your life that have been distressing you and support you through any changes you may wish to make.
I go with what you bring, offering you a space to express yourself freely. I will not judge you or tell you what you should or shouldn’t do.
If you would like to make an appointment, please contact me either by email, text or telephone. I check my messages regularly and will aim to get back to you within 24 hours (Mon-Fri).
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and Qualifications:
- CPCAB Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Studies
- CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Skills
- CPCAB Certificate in Understanding Substance Misuse
- Ascentis Cruse Bereavement Care Awareness in Bereavement Care: The Foundation Course
- Transactional Analysis 101
- Certificate in Couples Dynamics: Working with Couples and Relationships
- Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) - Registration No.098208
- Cruse Bereavement Care - Sudden and Traumatic Death/Bereavement by Suicide
- Kenward Trust - Drug and Alcohol Awareness
- PODS - Working with Relational Trauma: Dealing with Disorganised Attachment
- Wealden Institute -Trauma and Recovery Foundation
- KCC - Safeguarding & Adult Protection Awareness
- Professor Julia Buckroyd - Understanding Your Eating
- Christiane Sanderson - Working with Shame/Internal Protectors and Saboteurs/Trauma Toolbox
- The Psychopathology of Obesity and therapeutic working with the Overweight Patient
- Understanding Bariatric Surgery
- Psychological Assessments/MDT Assessments
- Facilitating Psycho-Educational Groups
- Psychological Wellbeing Training - Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
As well as my private practice, I am a Consultant Counsellor and Psycho-Educational Group Facilitator for an NHS Tier 3 weight management provider working out of GP surgeries. I have received specialist training to work with patients with a high BMI, and have an understanding of weight loss surgery.
I have also worked as a Counsellor in a residential rehabilitation programme for men recovering from alcohol and/or substance misuse and as a Bereavement Counsellor for Cruse Bereavement Care.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Child related issues
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Photos & videos
Free 30 minute, no obligation, introduction.
Fees for 50 minute counselling sessions:
Individuals (18+) - £40
Some concessions available (daytime only).
My counselling practice is based in Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent ME19 4YU within easy reach of Maidstone, Tonbridge, Sevenoaks and the Medway Towns.
The room is on the ground floor and there is ample free parking.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client