Rob Price | Effective Counselling Solutions
You’re probably reading this because
- You’re either anxious, stressed, depressed, suffering loss, or in a problem relationship.
- You may also be lacking confidence, self-esteem, meaning or purpose or have a sense of untapped potential or are experiencing any combination of these or other such distressing feelings, whether they are caused by present or past experiences.
- You’re sick and tired of feeling this way and want to eliminate or, at the very least, reduce that pain.
- You’ve courageously decided to seek help for your problems but are struggling to make sense of things and are trying to figure out the best place to go to get the help you need.
- You don’t want to simply “receive some help” but instead, you’re looking for compassionate and professional support that will assist you to learn to truly cope with, and effectively resolve, your problems. But you’re bewildered by all the choices in front of you and are at a loss as to know where to start.
Does this sound like you? Then you’ve come to the right place.
I can offer you a caring and effective route out of your pain. I have extensive training, experience and expertise in helping you develop solutions to a whole host of issues you are now facing.
My practice, Effective Counselling Solutions, is customer based. This means I take great care to tailor my therapeutic approach to the individual needs of my clients whether they be male or female, individuals or couples. In all that I do my mission is to help you experience greater emotional and psychological health whilst empowering you to develop the skills to remain that way once you feel ready to leave my service.
My greatest hope for you is that you receive the help you need. With this expressly in mind, my initial consultation involves working collaboratively with you to assess and reach an agreement as to whether my service is suitable and appropriate for you needs or whether it would be more beneficial for you to search for other sources of help and if so, to help you in that search.
I have a private, comfortable & dedicated consulting room located in Cheltenham (with free on site parking if required). Daytime, evening & weekend appointments are available for initial consultations as well as ongoing counselling sessions.
I hope to hear from you soon. You can simply telephone, text, or email me to book an appointment for an initial consultation, and whatever the outcome I wish you the very best in you journey to wellness.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a fully qualified Counsellor and Psychotherapist who’s based in Cheltenham. I have extensive experience working with clients with a wide range of emotional and psychological issues and am a professional member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I offer both effective short-term and long-term therapy to my clients, whether individuals or couples and work in accord with BACP’s ‘Good Practice’ resource guides and their ‘Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions’ (which covers numerous issues of ethical working such as transparency of practice and protection of client confidentiality).
I aim to provide a space in which clients feel held, safe and properly supported so they have the confidence to explore and work through their problems and overcome any anxieties and feelings of vulnerability they may have. People describe me to be very warm, caring, empathetic, creative and insightful and I am well known for making extensive use of metaphors. I also draw upon a wide variety of therapeutic ideas and principles to increase a client’s self-awareness, self-esteem, and sense of personal autonomy. I am careful to always keep the client at the very centre of the therapeutic process, and thereby enable them to be true to themselves. For further information regarding my approach to counselling please visit www.effectivecounsellingsolutions.com.
Testimonials from past clients:
“Dear Rob. Working with you has been an amazing life journey for me. It has been a pleasure to share my work with you. I thank you for all your encouragement you have given me… you have given me the gift of your expertise in counselling.” - 62 year old Male.
“Rob, I can’t thank you enough for all your support and guidance. I have been so blessed to have had you as my Counsellor.” - 48 year old Female.
“Thank you for everything you’ve done with N, all the things you’ve helped her with. It’s amazing to see the difference from last year to this. You’ve helped N confront her worrying, her self-confidence and many other things, including her self-worth, which I am so grateful for, first as her friend, then boyfriend and now fiancé… N will continue to hold onto the lessons she has learnt with you over the last year, even in your absence. I’ve only heard good things about you and I know N will miss her time with you. Thank you.” - Fiancé of 19 year old Female.
“Thank you. My journey may not be finished but I am certainly equipped to fight dragons. I am still a drama queen but at least I am not hiding behind a mask. Thank you for helping me. Forever grateful. S” - 33 year old Female.
“Therapy’s been a nice security net to have. Even if I’m having a particularly troubled or hard time I know that all I have to do is just make it through till Monday and then I can come here and you can refocus my thinking slightly and sort of make everything better without having an influence on things. So to lose your help and perspective on things will be hard as it’s something that I’ve not actually been able to get anywhere else. Whereas I may be able to get a friendly listening ear and I might speak to people who care a great deal it doesn’t mean they’ve got a lot of sense to offer back. So I suppose it’s the quality of what you have to give me – that’s something I’m going to miss." - 40 year old Female.
“It’s been hugely beneficial to be able to vent but in a controlled and focused way and work through what that all means. It’s been liberating and it’s been great, it really has and we really appreciate what you’ve been able to do with us and we’d have loved to be able to have seen some more of you but that’s not possible right now. Our only concern is that when we do go back to counselling, as we’ve got use to you and we like how you work with us, how would we do that and find that again [with someone else]. We’ve really related to you. It’s been really good. Thank you for everything.” - Married couple comprising 39 year old Male and 42 year old female.
“We have now finished our journey together. I am at the top of my mountain looking out at a whole new world for me to explore. I just need the courage to take that leap, to be that eagle, to fly, to feel the wind carrying me across the seas, the land, to feel totally free.” - 36 year old Female.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Photos & videos
90 minute Initial Consultation £50
50 minute Counselling Sessions £40
90 minute Initial Consultation £60
50 minute Counselling Sessions £50
Review of my fees
I review my fees annually on 6th April of each year.
Simply follow these seven steps to wellness!
- Book an appointment for an initial consultation. Feel free to contact me by telephone, text, or email, and I’ll arrange a convenient date and time to meet with you. This appointment will last 90 minutes.
- I’ll send you an information pack containing confirmation of your appointment, a leaflet describing my service in more detail, and directions to my dedicated counsulting room.
- As I take the issue of confidentiality very seriously, I will discuss this with you right at the start of our time together.
- Time is then made available to carefully consider in greater depth both your current difficulties as well as the context in which you are living your life. This enables us both to gain a much better understanding of the issues you are now facing.
- It is my wish that you receive the most appropriate help for your needs. With this in mind, the last part of the appointment involves considering what that ‘best next step’ might be for you. This may take the form of attending on going Counselling sessions within my service, or it may involve discussing alternative sources of help in which case, if required, it is possible to arrange a follow up appointment where you will be supported to review and come to a decision as to which of these alternatives would best suit your needs.
- On-going Counselling sessions are 50 minutes in duration and occur on a regular weekly basis. This is where we work together as a team to really get to grips with your difficulties and determine the most effective route out of your pain. Although my leaflet will explain the nature of these session in more detail, please feel free to contact me to raise any queries you may still have.
- So please do get in touch. I am here to help. I look forward to hearing from you soon and very much welcome the opportunity to provide you with the compassionate and professional support you need and deserve.
Rob Price MBACP
Effective Counselling Solutions
Helping you help yourself
T: 07436 179543
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime, evening & weekend appointments are available for both initial consultations as well as ongoing counselling sessions.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|