Paul Lipman - MBACP. - Depression, Anxiety, Relationships, Family, Phobias ....
01883345352 / 07843472163
We can all do with a little extra help at some time in our lives and talking with someone trained can make a real difference. I’m an experienced counsellor and have a mix of male and female client’s, helping: adults, couples and parents of all ages, backgrounds and cultures.
How I can help
Over the years working for National counselling organisations alongside my own practice I’ve gained wide ranging experience and offer both short-term focused counselling and in-depth therapy.
I have specialist Trauma training, offering safe help for those with more extreme or deep rooted difficulties. Also helping with issues that go back to childhood, for when you are stuck, need support through a difficult time or maybe have lost purpose and direction. Sometimes it can be about just needing to talk through a difficult decision.
For Parents and Couples
…Trained in “Child Development” and “Communication in relationships”, I also help by sharing: the skills, knowledge and experience, needed for struggling parents or those who are having a hard time, finding a way to succeed in their relationship.
I have the utmost respect and am also excited for you, and all those who face their challenges because, although counselling can be tough at times, it is also a positive and empowering experience. Not simply to solve your difficulties but a rare opportunity to: understand yourself more deeply and learn how to improve and maintain the quality of your life and relationships as well as, to leave feeling better and confident you have the tools to manage your life going forward.
I understand how asking for help and the thought of sharing the difficult parts of yourself and your life can be scary and daunting. Looking back I felt confused and overwhelmed when I first started my therapy, later to prove life changing. So possibly I have some idea of how you feel right now.
With this in mind I work in a safe and supportive, encompassing way. Throughout you tell what you wish when ready and I will gently encourage and guide you through your unique experience and take every opportunity to help you move forward.
By addressing both your symptoms and the underlying causes, you can feel better and find your answers as quickly as possible and I will introduce new usable skills, enabling you to: understand and change unhelpful patterns of thinking and behaviors, to avoid getting stuck in the same way again.
I’m down to earth, easy to talk to and have a compassionate approach to helping and: believe in a warm, honest, respectful and open dialogue, with good rapport and a collaborative approach, allowing trust and a positive therapeutic relationship to build naturally in the room - as my experience is that, the quality of our relationship is a major factor, as to how successful therapy will be for you.
I find using my values as a foundation for my approach, creates a calm and comfortable space in which we can work in a relaxed way, exploring, your’: thoughts, feelings, behaviors and ways to manage your life without judgement.
This could be why, clients feel supported and many remain motivated to come to their sessions even at difficult times, not only to solve their problems but to build a better future.
Whatever your reasons for coming I am committed to offering you a positive experience and have a broad and in-depth knowledge and skills which I use to give you, effective, personalised and well supported therapy - and if what brings you for help is so “big” and can’t be changed, I shall help you make the intolerable, tolerable.
There is little i haven't heard or sat alongside my clients with.
If you think i might be the right person to help you and would like to contact me, we can arrange a no obligation session. This is an opportunity for me to gain an understanding of how i can help and for you tell me what you want from counselling, ask any questions, tell me about your difficulties and decide if you wish to continue.
I have regular experience helping with:
- Difficult feelings such as: Anxiety, Panic, Depression, Shame, Stress, Fear, Sadness, Guilt or Loss..
- Patterns which keep you stuck and from having what you want in life.
- Worrying behaviours, phobias and obessions
- Childhood issues surfacing in adult life
- Relationship issues
- Parenting difficulties
- Asperger's/ Bipolar and how to cope and manage these conditions
- Deep-seated lack of confidence, low self steem, shyness, passivity or inability to say "no"
- Disturbing images, flashbacks or memories
- Low self esteem
- Physical ills, such as: headaches and stomach problems with no medical diagnosis.
- Post-traumatic stress - when you are struggling to get over an event.
- Sexual anxiety
- Struggling to find a purpose or direction in life
- Work related issues
Training, qualifications & experience
Main accreditation and training
I've counselled for National counselling organisations, also helping other health care professionals such as: counselors, counselors in training, those at the NHS and in The Forces, and over the years in my own practice.
I remain a Registered Member of The British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy, on
the professional standards authority,accredited register.
Specialist training in treating Trauma and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
I have received specialist training by Babette Rothschild, one of the worlds foremost leading experts and authors in treating Trauma and PTSD. This means i can safely work with many conditions of an extreme nature.
- BACP Accredited Diploma in Integrative Counselling.
- WPF Certificate in Psycho-dynamic counselling
- Gestalt Group facilitation and coaching
- Person Centered, Transactional Analysis, Gestalt and Relational approaches.
- CBT Therapy
- Group Therapy / Psycho educational workshops
- Gestalt systemic and family constellation therapy.
- BACP Accredited - "Child Development"
- BACP Accredited - Relationships and Communication"
- Gestalt Body communication role play therapies..
- BACP - Art therapies.
- BACP Accredited:Trauma, depression, anxiety, anger, self-harm, eating disorders, attachment disorders, loss and grief, sexuality, self harm, obsessions, addiction, post traumatic stress, Bipolar and Asperger syndrome.
- BACP Accredited Bereavement counselling.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
SEXUAL, PHYSICAL AND EMOTIONAL ABUSE FROM CHILDHOOD
An area of particular interest for me and in which i have specialised trauma training, is helping when you have suffered from a long held difficult or traumatic experience; such as living with sexual, physical or emotional abuse from childhood.
Any of these can lead to: angry reactions that come from nowhere, depression, low self esteem,physical illness and sometimes a permanent state of anxiety or self harming. You may also find keeping a relationship difficult.
I work in ways that can help and keep you from being re truamatised, no matter how long you have struggled on your own and kept these to yourself.
I understand how much courage it can take to simply say the words out loud and and how you can be shaken up, at the thought of re living some events.
Also just know you don't have to spend the rest of your life suffering and that there is little i haven't heard or helped with.
I can see you at Caterham, situated in a peaceful and private location half a mile from Caterham station (CR3) or at The Strawberry House Practice, which is situated in Hayes, Bromley, (BR2), only 100 meters from Hayes main line station and gives you a modern and confidential space.
I offer early morning, daytime, and evening appointments at both Caterham and Bromley and Sunday appointments at Bromley from 8am - 4pm.
No obligation first session, gives you the opportunity to decide if you wish to continue.
Individual - £45 / 60 minutes.
Couples - £75 / 90 minutes.
Couples - £55 / 60 minutes
I also run the following:
- Wellbeing in maturity
- Body Communication (for anxiety, lose self esteem, worrying behaviors, when sad and for those struggling to communicate in a relationship)
- Parenting difficulties and Child development
- The Art of Communication & Conflict resolution
- Breaking patterns that stop yourself having what you want in life
- A -Z of becoming a counselor
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer Monday to Friday early morning, daytime and evening appointments at Caterham (CR3) and Bromley (BR2) and Sunday appointments at Bromley.
Types of client