Paul Lipman - MBACP. Accred reg. - Individuals, Couples & Family.
01883345352 / 07843472163
Welcome and if you wish, you are always welcome to contact me to have an informal chat before deciding if you would like to meet, as I know how important it is for you to choose the right counsellor first time around, having had the courage to ask for help.
I've gained my experience over the years helping people of all ages and backgrounds, with all kinds of difficulties, alongside my practice in National counselling organisations.Often working with more challenging emotional and psychological issues and which has given me valuable insights, for when problems have become more deep set such as with: Anxiety, Depression, Phobias or Unhealthy behaviors and thinking - and I also have specialist Trauma training and in helping Couples and struggling Parents.
If you wish to know about how I can help in detail, there is much more on my website and a short list below.
Exploring your difficulties together we will shape how we work, creating a tailored approach, informed by:my knowledge of you and how your difficulties affect your life, as well as what I become aware of and my ideas, from a wide range of therapeutic approaches....
.. all of which provide a gentle, effective and positive framework by building on your existing qualities and strengths, enabling you to: develop "inner" tools to reduce symptoms and get control back, whilst identifying and working through the underlying causes, giving you lasting change and - often, moving from problem solving to you discovering, new confidence, possibilities and choices, perhaps hard to imagine right now.
What you get with me is not simply experience, in-depth knowledge and skill but a normal and genuine relationship, a calm and confidential space and a down-to-earth approach and guidance through counselling,as we safely solve your difficulties together.
You will also find me both patient and compassionate by nature and completely committed to helping you find your answers as quickly as possible
I know taking the next step can be difficult. That's why you are welcome to call me and ask any questions and tell me about the help you need before deciding if you wish to come along to an initial meeting. This gives you a chance to tell me about what you want from counselling, find out more about how I can help and decide if you think counselling with me, will be helpful for you.
I help regularly with
- Abuse (physical, emotional or sexual)
- Difficult feelings such as: Anxiety, Generalised Anxiety, Panic, Depression, Shame, Stress, Fear, Extreme Sadness, Guilt or Loss..
- Childhood issues surfacing in adult life
- Deep-seated lack of confidence, low self esteem, shyness, passivity or inability to say "no"
- Disturbing images, flashbacks or memories
- Divorce & Separation
- Decision making / procrastination
- Phobias and obsessions.
- Post-traumatic stress - when you are affceted by a past event.
- Parenting and Family issues
- Physical ills, such as: headaches and stomach problems with no medical diagnosis.
- Relationship difficulties
- Sexual anxiety
- Work related issues
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a Registered Member of The British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy, on
the professional standards authority, accredited register.
I've counselled for National counselling organisations, also helping other health care professionals such as: other counsellors, counsellors in training, those in the NHS and in The Forces, and over the years in my own practice.
- Academic Diploma in Integrative Counselling.
- WPF Certificate in Psycho-dynamic counselling
- Child development
- Relational Development and Personal Communication
- Trauma and recovery
- Person Centred, Transctional Analysis, Gestalt and Relational counselling.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Depression, anxiety, anger, self-harm, eating disorders, attachment disorders, loss and grief, sexuality, abuse, self harm, obsessions, addiction, post traumatic stress, Bipolar and Asperger syndrome.
- Bereavement Counselling.
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Trauma. (PTSD)
Specialist training by Babette Rothschild, one of the worlds foremost leading experts and authors in treating Trauma and PTSD. This means I understand the Autonomic Nervous System which is vital in choosing safe approaches.
BACP Accredited - Couples , Relationships & Communication
See my website for full details..
Anger Programs/ Courses
I have run Police funded Anger management courses for a Southern based counselling organisation.
BACP Accredited - Creativity
Working with: Arts, imagery, visualization, role play, body language and mindfulness techniques.
Other (experiential training)
- Group Therapy / Psycho educational workshops
- Gestalt systemic and family constellation therapy.
- Gestalt experiential therapy
- Gestalt Group facilitation and coaching
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
SEXUAL, PHYSICAL AND EMOTIONAL ABUSE FROM CHILDHOOD
An area of particular interest for me and in which I have specialised trauma training, is: helping when you continue to suffer from a long held difficult or traumatic experience; such as living with sexual, physical or emotional abuse from childhood.
Any of these can lead to: angry reactions that come from nowhere, depression, low self esteem,physical illness and sometimes a permanent state of anxiety or self harming. You may also find keeping a relationship difficult.
COUPLES & RELATIONSHIPS
Talking with someone trained can really make a difference. Knowing yourself and your partner more deeply and combining this with new communication and listening skills can completely change how you experience each other and the nature of your relationship.
I come with the skills, experience and knowledge to help you work through whatever is difficult and find a way forward that is right for both of you.
SPECIALISED "TRAUMA" TRAINING - Are you affected by a past event, series of events or the drip , drip of a stressful situation?
When you continue to be affected by a past event, no matter how long ago, you may be suffering from Post Traumatic stress or Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
A trauma can occur when you have seen, heard or been involved with:an event, series of events or the drip drip effect of being trapped in a situation where repeated "smaller" events have added up to a trauma. Sometimes the body has suffered a trauma and which you might not label a trauma.
Typical symptoms can include:
- Panic attacks
- Generalised anxiety (often continuous)
- Dissociation( when you focus out and lose tough with whats happening now)
- Memories, thoughts and feelings triggered by unconnected: events, noises, smells and .
- Sweating, heart racing, numbness
The incorrect help is not only ineffective, it can also be extremely dangerous and lead to individuals being retraumatised and locked into a deepening pattern of symptoms.
Situated in a peaceful and private location half a mile from Caterham main line station.
Hayes/ Bromley (BR2)
The Strawberry House Practice, which is situated 100 meters from Hayes main line station and gives you a modern and confidential space.
I can offer early morning, daytime, and evening appointments at both Caterham and Bromley and also on - and on Sundays between 8am - 4pm.
No obligation first session, gives you the opportunity to decide if you wish to continue.
Initial no obligation session £25.
Individuals - £45.session
Couples - £75 / 90 minutes.
Couples - £55 / 1 hour
I am committed to providing effective and safe help and in achieving that I:
- Retain Professional indemnity insurance
- Abide by and go beyond the BACP Code of ethics
- Commit to ongoing professional development, keeping up with the latest advances and knowledge.
- Collaborate with other professionals if helpful, without breaking confidentiality
- Have professional clinical supervision to ensure I offer effective therapy and which is a BACP requirement.
- Never help outside my area of competence or experience.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer Monday to Friday early morning, daytime and evening appointments at Caterham (CR3) and Bromley (BR2) and on Sundays between 8am - 4pm.
Types of client