We are a group of counsellors who are committed to working with any person wanting help in finding a way forward with the issues that they face. Our services are confidential, non-judgemental and each person is respected for who they are. We are open Monday - Friday daytime and evening, & Saturday morning only.
We are based in the centre of Dartford and we cover a wide range of issues including:
Emotional and Physical Abuse
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
And many other areas of life
Training, qualifications & experience
All of our counsellors are trained and have all reached at least a Diploma level in Counselling. Most counsellors have 5+ years experience in working alongside clients.
Member organisations *
Areas of counselling we deal with
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Relationship issues
Our service is not a free one. It costs Oasis £45 to provide each counselling session.
If you are able donate £45 we will be most appreciative. However, If not, donations can be more appropriate to your financial circumstances.
We also offer a bursary which can incur a waiting list depending on the availability of funds. Please note that bursary periods are restricted to 8 sessions.
What you can expect in a session:
Our belief as counsellors is that it can be therapeutic to be listened to and supported. This forms the basis of a session. Initially there will be an assessment session where you will be asked questions like ‘Have you ever had counselling before?’ ‘What has bought you to counselling at this time?’ What would you like to gain from having counselling?’ Usually a session will last between 50 – 60 minutes.
There are many models and ways of exploring the issues that people come with and each counsellor may work in a slightly different way. You are always at liberty to saying ‘no’ to working in a way that you find uncomfortable.
As counsellors we aim to:
- Provide a safe and welcoming space for people to come and talk about the issues that are challenging for them and may be causing them emotional distress.
- Provide a confidential service within the bounds of legal and ethical structures. If we feel obliged to break confidentiality we will discuss it with you before taking any action.
- Be non-judgemental in interacting with all clients, regardless of their gender, race, religion and any other differences.
- Provide a safe place for clients to explore their issues and face their fears.
- Help people to find new ways to enhance their lives. Our job is not to offer advice or make decisions for you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday - Friday, day and evening; Saturday morning
Types of client