Qualified Psychotherapist working within the Integrative Approach enabling me to be flexible to the clients needs of different ways of working. I offer a counselling service where a therapeutic relationship will enable you to be heard and supported to find your way through the journey of life.
Having personal therapy at times in our lives when we need to get clarity or acceptance on the various things life can throw at us; in my opinion it is a must for emotional balance. Through counselling you would be able to process incidents from your past that may well still be affecting you in the here and now or look at the fears and anxiety of what life many bring. Whether it is grief, trauma, relationships, addiction or just the problems of life; I am able to offer you a place to work through and process your difficulties and by doing this you enable yourself to move forward and be free to enjoy the present and the future.
I am a member of British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy MBACP and also the National Counselling Society MNCS (ACC) and I work within their Ethical Framework for Good Practice.
Alongside my private practice I work as a Criminal Justice Recovery Worker supporting high needs drug & alcohol clients who are involved in the criminal justice system for various reasons. I currently do a voluntary counselling position at Mind in Wellingborough and previously at Northampton Rape Crisis. I have previously worked with teenage homeless and supported vulnerable tenants within the housing system, so have a wealth of experience.
I am based in a village location where there is ample free parking. It is within easy reach of the A14 and A45 offering easy access from Wellingborough, Oundle, Thrapston, Rushden, Kettering, Corby and surrounding areas.
If you would like to learn more about how we can work together please do contact me.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Diploma in Anger Management Facilitation (British Association of Anger Management)
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy & Counselling Skills
- TA-101 Certificate
- Safeguarding Children & Child Protection
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
- Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) Awareness
- Eighteen years experience with Twelve Step Recovery
- Good understanding of LGBT
- Sixteen years experience of meditation
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Twelve Step Programmes
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Gestalt therapy
- All therapy sessions are fifty minutes long costing £35
- Payment in by card, cash, prearranged bank transfer or PayPal payment.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday 18:00 - 21:00 Thursday 18:00 - 21:00 Friday 18:00 - 21:00 Saturday 11:00 -15:00 Sunday 11:00 -15:00
Types of client