I am a trained, professionally supervised, insured counsellor based in Portishead. I also work in Bristol and Somerset area, providing face to face counselling to people living in this area or if you feel more comfortable using Skype or telephone counselling, these options are also available for you.I have experience of working with clients from a wider range of difficulties such as anxiety, depression, bereavement, loss, trauma and abuse, panic, self-confidence, self-esteem, anger ....
I love working with individuals of all ages to build their resilience and improve their self-esteem, empowering them to make changes and find joy in their lives.
Please do not hesitate to email me or ring if you have any more questions.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc in Counselling & Psychotherapy 2016-2017
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy Studies
- BSc (Hons) degree in Psychology and Counselling
TRAINING & WORKSHOPS
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy training (CBT)
- Psychodynamic Interpersonal Therapy training (PIT)
- The Gestalt therapy
- Personal training Coaching workshop
- Safeguarding Children & Young people
- Transactional analysis
- Anxiety and learning: How to boost students' abilities
- Drawing and Talking (A therapeutic Method of Working with Children and Young people)
Counsellors' experiences of working with young people within schools
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- For individuals I charge £45 for a 50 minutes session, which is generally on a weekly basis, or £240 for a block of 6 sessions.
- For Skype counselling I charge £35 for a 50 minutes session or £180 for a block of 6 sessions.
- For home visits I charge £60 for a 50 minutes session.
Reduced rates available for young people, students, and people on low income.
Please contact me to discuss.
I provide Skype Counselling to people all over the world.
For many people, talking openly about difficult problems is hard. Finding the time to undertake this commitment can also be challenging. But it is well worth it, and skype therapy is a really convenient way to make it happen. Skype therapy and counselling provides offers many advantages.
- Skype therapy is confidential: Skype is a secure way to communicate and is password protected.What you discuss in a session stays completely private.
- It is easier to open up with Skype therapy: Skype counselling allows you to discuss sensitive issues directly, but without meeting face-to-face. Many find it a more relaxed way to work with a therapist, particularly if they feel embarrassed about their problems
- Skype counselling saves time and travel: There is no need to travel, simply log on to Skype from your choice of location. It can be home, your office, the park or even from a hotel when you are travelling. It really is that simple. For those living in remote locations, or who have mobility difficulties it overs a practical solution
- Convenient skype therapy sessions: Balancing family life, a job, a social life and other commitments can be challenging. Skype therapy sessions are flexible and can be arranged to fit with your routine
- Low cost skype therapy: Less travel, lower overheads and free skype connection offer you savings
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client