Louise Edwards FdA Degree, MBACP (Accred) UKRCP
01483 571557 / 07930 983087
I provide a confidential counselling service for people from all backgrounds and cultures. My aim is to work non-judgmentally and respectfully with clients, in the belief of an individuals capacity for growth and development. I work with clients to build a secure and trusting relationship, and provide a safe environment for them to explore their problems, thoughts and feelings, with a view to finding a better way of coping. I work on both a short or long term basis, depending on clients wishes.
I decided to train as a counsellor after an accumulation of life events, and felt a need to discover more about psychology. After some introductory training, I could see how counselling and psychotherapy could help in many different ways such as with self-development, interpersonally, emotionally and spiritually.
If you're feeling troubled, anxious, depressed or confused, then maybe it could help to talk about your difficulties with somebody impartial and with experience of helping people to find a better way of coping.
My approach is mainly humanistic, but I sometimes integrate other models such as cognitive behavioural techniques (depending on clients' wishes) which can be very helpful when working with issues of anxiety, depression or phobias.
For more information about my work, please view my website www.louiseedwardscounselling.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
MBACP Accred - I'm an accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, which means I have been assessed as a "competent, ethical and independent practitioner".
UKRCP Registered - (United Kingdom Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists)
FdA - Foundation Degree in Counselling 2008
NCFED - (National Centre for Eating Disorders). I have an Advanced Diploma in Master Practitioner Skills in Eating Disorders and Nutritional Interventions for Eating Disorders (NCFED) 2011
CIPCA - I'm a member of CIPCA (Counsellors in Primary Care Association) and have ongoing training with them.
CBT - Certificate 2009
NCFE - Certificate in Counselling Skills and Theory Levels 1,2 &3, 2005
- For the last three years I've been counselling at a GP surgery.
- I have two years experience of working in a corporate setting, for BAE Systems.
- I have several years experience working with young people from the age of 14 onwards, having worked as a counsellor at the YMCA, Redhill from 2006-2009, and counselling students at the Royal Holloway University, Egham, Surrey.
- I have several years experience of issues related to disabilities such as Autism, Alzheimers, Aspergers, Downs Syndrome, MS, Motor Neurons, Speech and Language difficulties and some knowledge of sign language.
- I have knowledge of the care environment, and considerable comprehension of the difficulties and issues faced by both carers and the cared for.
- Issues related to infertility (and treatment) and it's effects on individuals and relationships.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Eating disorders
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Attachment and loss, obesity, weight reduction and nutritional therapy.
I charge £45 per session, after an initial free 30 minute consultation.
I also offer a reduced rate for people on benefits and for young people under the age of 25.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays and some evenings available.