Lina Hammami MSc Counselling & Psychotherapy, Supervisor, MBACP
I am a fully qualified counsellor/ psychotherapist and supervisor, able to provide support to individuals, groups, families and organisations throughout Glasgow and central Scotland.
Based in Glasgow and registered with the BACP, I have over 14 years of experience in counselling youth, adults and families in various contexts and have special expertise in multicultural counselling and competences (both in English & Arabic). My counselling support varies between short term, mid term and long term therapy help to people from all walks of life.
I am dedicated to providing counselling and therapy support for whatever situation you may find yourself in, from personal support for loss, suicidal thoughts, depression, domestic abuse, bullying, trauma and many others.
The core values of my counselling practice involve accepting clients and their situations unconditionally, being non judgmental, offering empathic understanding of your feelings and thoughts, and to being genuine and caring of your circumstances while building trusting relationships and sustaining confidentiality at all levels.
I have a genuine commitment to equality, diversity, dignity and respect for all.
If you would like to have a chat to discuss your situation and how I am able to help, please get in touch and find the support you are looking for.
Training, qualifications & experience
- 14+ Years Professional Experience
- Master of Science (MSc) in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Post Graduate Diploma in Person Centred Counselling
- Counselling Supervision Levels I and II (BACP Accredited)
- Emotion Focussed Therapy Level I and II (APT)
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT Practice and Tool Kit)
- Domestic Abuse Attitudes and Managing Support
- Person Centred Therapy (Working with Faith and Ethnicity)
- Working with Challenging Behaviour
- Counselling Skills COSCA
- BA Young People Teaching and Education
- Attitudes and Underlying Feelings
- BACP Registered since 2007
- 14+ years working with young people in schools, organisations and peer groups
- Supervision support for counsellors, trainees and volunteers
- Multicultural counselling, including special expertise in ethnicity and faith issues
- Working within complex issues with regards to education attainment, discrimination, trauma, care settings, suicidal tendencies, sexuality, bereavement, low self esteem, abuse, protection issues, etc.
- Telephone counselling and individual risk analysis of each case in depth to develop plan for each client
- Full adherence and commitment to confidentiality practices at various levels
- Providing culturally sensitive therapy support
- Understanding and managing underlying mental health issues (self harm, stress, bereavement, anxiety, family problems, depression, sexuality, etc.)
- Dealing with protection issues, providing consultation and guidance to relevant stakeholders, such as schools, colleges, social work, health professionals, etc.
- In depth experience in providing counselling to multicultural individuals and to diverse clients of ethnic and faith backgrounds, including asylum seekers and refugees
- Extensive experience of counselling and interpretation in both English and Arabic
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
£45 for one hour counselling session (In Person and Telephone counselling).
£50 for one hour supervision for Counsellors/ £40 for trainee and volunteer counsellors.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||English, Arabic|
Enquire through e mail or mobile
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training