Denise Cooper at Kernel Counselling And Psychotherapy
24 Windlesham Road
I am based at the Palmeira Practice near to the Seven Dials.
I am a psychotherapeutically-trained Counsellor/Psychotherapist with a ‘Humanistic’ orientation, working from comfortable rooms just five minutes walk from the Seven Dials area.
I have experience working with individuals and small groups across a range of different issues including stress, anxiety, depression, loss, life changes, anger management and childhood abuse among others.
I recognise it can be hard to make sense of all the Counselling and Psychotherapy options out there, and it’s really important to find the right person for you. For this reason, we suggest you book a single starter session - with no obligation to come again.This helps you decide whether we are a ‘good fit’ and gives us a chance to discuss what you’d like to get from the counselling experience.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have a wide range a number of years experience and a wide range of training. These are my qualifications:
Masters in Humanistic 'Gestalt'-orientated counselling and psychotherapy at the Metanoia Institute.
Systemic foundation at Northumbria University.
Diploma in Couples Counselling from AYA.
Masters in Social Work and working with young people.
As a therapist:
- I am a warmth person who is able to develop therapeutic relationships with ease.
- I have a wide range of knowledge and expertise which allows me to be flexible in the way I work.
- I am clear about boundaries.
- I have experience both working short term and longer term.
-I have a particular interest in childhood experiences and how these can impact our adult relationships.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
All sessions last for 50 minutes unless otherwise advised.
Individual Sessions – £45.00
Student Sessions – £40.00
Couple Sessions – £55.00
Skype Sessions – £40.00
Online Sessions – £40.00
Kernel may have low-cost slots available – please inquire.
Group Session Costs available on request.
For further information please look at our website: kernelcounselling.co.uk.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I work from Monday to Wednesday and have some evening slots available.
Types of client