Jonathan Gibbs - Registered Member MBACP
The Business Centre
8 Madeira Avenue
I am a Registered BACP counsellor and offer individual and couples' counselling from my office in the Business Centre in Leigh-on-Sea.
Sessions are of 50 minutes. I do not charge for the first session, during which you can tell me about what has brought you to counselling. There is no need to sign up for a fixed number of sessions.
Evening and weekend times available.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have a Diploma in Integrative Counselling, so make use of a variety of approaches.
I have a Primary Certificate in Stress Management and a Primary Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Training from The Centre for Stress Management in London where I trained with Professor Stephen Palmer.
I undertook Group Work training in Gestalt and Psychodramatic techniques with Dr Ari Badaines.
Other courses that I have completed include:
-'Broadband for the brain' (Essex Institute of Clinical Hypnosis)
- 'Serious work for serious issues' (Essex Institute of Clinical Hypnosis)
- 'Relationship Repair' (Essex Institute of Clinical Hypnosis)
- 'Teaching clients to use Mindfulness skills'
- 'Counselling adults who were sexually abused as children'
- 'Supporting traumatically bereaved children'
- 'Teens and grief'
- 'Seven basic hungers and the purpose of play'
- 'Using creative techniques in counseling'
- 'Transactional Analysis'
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
£50 for a 50-minute session. Initial session is free of charge.
- Also registered with Hypnotherapy Directory
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client