Jo Newstead (BACP Accredited)
(0115) 9830 287 / 0770 828 3392
My name is Jo and I am a BACP accredited counsellor and psychotherapist (8 years in practice) based in Gotham (3 miles from Clifton and East Leake and 20mins from Nottingham City Centre) and which is easily accessible by either bus or car. I have safe off road parking. (I do offer home visits if you are unable to travel)
I came into counselling following a difficult period in my own life and felt that I wanted to give something back by helping others who may find themselves struggling in life.
I have worked with a wide range of issues and across all ages from adults, young adults and children from 6 to 11 years. I offer longer (open ended) or shorter solution focused work dependent on your individual needs.
My practice is Person-Centred which is founded in the belief that everyone has the power within them to grow and fulfill their potential, to overcome difficulties or distress and to accept what life may have thrown their way. I can offer you a genuine, confidential space to explore your difficulties, without judgment. I will work with and alongside you to find your answers.
I would describe myself as calm, genuine, friendly and compassionate. All enquiries are welcome and treated sensitively and confidentially.
As a British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) accredited counsellor I support and adhere to the BACP code of ethics which promotes professional and ethical working. I am covered by indemnity insurance and hold an enhanced criminal records bureau (DBS) check.
You can contact me by phone or email.
Training, qualifications & experience
BA (Hons) Humanistic Counselling Practice (Nottingham University)
Introductory Courses in Equine Assisted Therapy and "Learning to Listen"
Diploma in Humanistic Counselling Practice (Nottingham University)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas I have specific experience of include:
* ante and post natal illness and recovery.
* infertility and IVF processes.
* I have worked in the NHS offering counselling to sufferers of diabetes and heart problems (including cardiac arrest) and have a sound appreciation of the difficulties that these conditions impose.
* I have worked with clients who have vision and or hearing loss
* I can also offer equine assisted therapy. Working in a safe environment with the ponies can help unlock your feelings, develop your sense of self, your ability to be in the moment and to listen to your intuition. This work all takes place on the ground no riding or horsemanship is involved. No prior experience of horses is required. NO RIDING INVOLVED
Free telephone consultation
My fee for a one hour session is £40
Students in training £35
I do give a concessionary rate which is negotiable, for anyone who is experiencing genuine financial hardship.
Home visits are possible if you are unable to travel. Please note that we would need a quiet room where we would be undisturbed.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|