Helen Skene Psychotherapeutic Counselling Suffolk
01473 730305 / 07877 639462
Counselling gives you the time and space to explore your feelings in a safe, non-judgmental, friendly environment. You will be encouraged to talk openly and freely about any issues which are causing disruptions in your life and I will support you until you find resolution or acceptance. I have a private treatment room just outside Ipswich as well as providing a mobile counselling service across Suffolk. I am qualified in Psychotherapeutic counselling and I am a member of the BACP and The National Counselling Society.
I am fully insured and hold a current CRB/DBS certificate. I offer individual as well as couple's counselling covering a full range of issues including depression, anxiety, bereavement and relationships, however, I specialise in counselling adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills
- Member of bacp
- Member of The National Counselling Society
- Member of The National Hypnotherapy Society
Volunteer work at Survivors in Transition and Suffolk Family Carers
I have been a therapist for more than 30 years, covering complementary and alternative therapies, and more recently psychotherapy and hypnotherapy.
In the past I have been a volunteer worker at The iceni Project; the Alzheimers Society and St Elizabeth Hospice.
Other qualifications include Diploma in Swedish massage; Indian head massage; Reiki Healing; City and Guilds Beauty therapy and hairdressing; Drug and Alcohol Action Team certificates; Listening Skills and Bereavement and Loss Certificates; Couples' counselling and psychosexual issues Certificates.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Individual counselling £35. Discount rate £25
- Couple counselling £55. Discount rate £45
- Sessions are One Hour
- Discount rates are for students and those on low incomes
- I do not offer discounts for evening appointments
- For mobile visits add £1 per mile from Ipswich town centre
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
9am to 9pm Monday to Thursday Available via text, phone and email all other times