Frazer Reid BACP Registered: Individuals, Counselling for Couples, Supervision
From my own experience I understand it takes courage to talk to someone, and I promise a professional and confidential approach.
What I offer
My down to earth approach and over 15 year's therapeutic experience:
- Wholeheartedly supports you in facing your life's challenges and provides emotional support through tough times
- Compassionately challenges self-limiting beliefs and encourages you to be kind to yourself
- Helps you to discover unexplored resources and offers new psychological tools
- Gives you the opportunity to respond freshly to your challenges.
Some of the issues people have brought to me previously:
- relationship difficulties (individuals and couples)
- parenting challenges
- unresolved childhood issues, including emotional, physical and sexual abuse
- low self-esteem, self-criticism and loss of confidence
- depression, anxiety, panic attacks, overwhelm, lack of support
- change, bereavement and loss
- lack of meaning or purpose in life
- Over 15 years experience as a therapist within private practice and the NHS, social services, and prisons.
- Previously Counselling Trainer/Supervisor at the Dartmoor Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Tuesday to Friday with evening slots available.
Training, qualifications & experience
Current and Previous Experience
- Therapy and Supervision Private Practice in Totnes and Kingsbridge
- Counselling Trainer and Supervisor at the Dartmoor Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Counsellor at the Margaret Jackson Centre, Exeter
- Dramatherapist in the NHS, social services and prisons
- Movement Therapist facilitating residential courses
- Men's personal development group facilitator
- Plenty of personal development and training through:
- In-depth experience as a counselling/therapy client
- 18 years practice of movement therapy in group workshops
- Attendance of meditation and mindfulness retreats
- I am 48, have been married for 19 years, and a father for 13 years
Qualifications and Professional Memberships
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative and Humanistic Counselling
- Diploma in Clinical and Creative Supervision
- Advanced Diploma in the use of Drama and Movement in Therapy
- BA Hons Humanities
- Registered Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Supervision - individual and group
Fees below are for 60 minute sessions:
Professional Supervision for Therapists: £45 for 60 mins;
£65 for 90 mins (group supervision also available).
I work mainly in my welcoming therapy room on the beautiful Dartington Estate near Totnes, I also offer some sessions in Newton Abbot, Kingsbridge and Exeter.
Plenty of parking available.
Evening sessions available.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Totnes, Kingsbridge, Newton Abbot: Tuesdays to Fridays 9.00am - 7.00pm
Types of client
Supervision & training
As a qualified supervisor (working privately and for the Dartmoor Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy) I offer support that values and nourishes your professional competence, confidence and integrity.View supervision profile