Eleanor Bigden | Therapy & Coaching | Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapist
175 Grays Inn Road
50 Westminster Bridge Rd
07507 376 875
Hello! I'm Eleanor and I love the work I do!
I really enjoy helping my clients move towards greater wellbeing and empowerment and get the most out of encouraging and supportive CBT teamwork sessions.
My approach is based on the most helpful strategies that I've fine-tuned from 20 years' specialist experience, research and training. I'm fully accredited as a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist, and supervise other therapists in CBT. Alongside contemporary, research based CBT, I integrate other specific approaches suitable for your unique needs and goals. I draw on Brief Solution Focussed Therapy, Motivational Enhancement, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction and Compassionate Mind Training, as my clients find these models super effective. I'm a bit of a training junkie and have a geeky passion for studying the art and science of what makes good therapy great therapy!
What's it like to work with me?
I like to make learning really engaging and enjoyable - even fun or playful where this suits your needs and preferred learning style, so I can guarantee that therapy won't be dull, or unnecessarily heavy!
I can teach you a broad range of psychological and interpersonal skills, and how to apply them to best effect.I have 15 years mindfulness practice which means that as well as teaching you great on the spot mindfulness skills to help you handle tricky thoughts and feelings, you will have my undivided presence and depth of attention throughout every session.
My style is to be encouraging, practical and authentic: being human is tricky for all of us. I have a lot of knowledge, experience and dedication to helping people as much as possible, but I don't claim superiority or hide behind a professional mask! We are in the boat of life's inevitable storms together, and I trust you will find this much more genuine and supportive. I’m delighted that people find this style of teamwork to be really liberating and wholehearted.
Outcomes to benefit you
I will tailor a CBT focussed approach to your specific aims and current life context. I have not yet met anyone who hasn't clearly benefitted! CBT is the number one research based recommended treatment for anxiety and depression related issues. It is the number one talking therapy of choice in NHS services because it has grown out of more than 60 years of rigorous research.
I'll help you:
- develop more helpful thinking styles
- manage difficult feelings
- take empowering action to make real differences in your life.
More specifically, I can help you:
- creatively respond to your personal challenges
- handle triggers and stressors with more resilience
- navigate challenges with more resourcefulness
- build your confidence, strengths and self esteem
- build your sense of meaning, purpose, passion and drive
- break free from old habits and do the things that matter to your heart
- enhance the way you relate to yourself
- enhance the way you relate to other people - even when conflict arises!
- enhance your focus, presence and awareness
Face to face, phone and skype appointments
- You can work with me face to face in welcoming, easily accessible rooms - great thinking spaces!
- You can also work with me via the convenience of phone or Skype.
- If fresh air helps you think clearly, you can opt for “walk and talk” sessions.
Check out my website www.eleanorbigden.com
I've designed this as a really comprehensive resource so it's likely to cover any questions you might have.
Take advantage of a free consultation
You're welcome to take advantage of a free 30 min phone consultation - or simply have a quick chat if you'd prefer. This is an opportunity to find out about how we might make a good team match - it's important for both of us to feel genuinely positive about making a start together! Integrity is key to the way I work, so you won't be pressured to make a commitment, and I"ll give you accurate information, so you can make a choice that's likely to be genuinely suitable for you.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have built up specialist skills over the past 18 years to best meet the following needs:
- Building confidence, assertiveness, authenticity and self esteem
- Overcoming depression, procrastination and worry
- Handling stress, anger, anxiety and frustration in a healthy way
- Healing the pain of loss and bereavement
- Freedom from addiction
- Transforming body image, eating and weight issues
- Overcoming perfectionism
- Building strength, resilience and wisdom in the midst of challenges
- Overcoming procrastination and turning goals into reality
- Developing the focus, motivation, resources and skills to maintain success
- Effective communication
- Building satisfying family, work and social relationships
- Deeper trust and emotional connection
- Deeper sexual intimacy and healing sexual issues
- Greater awareness, self care and peace in relationship with yourself
I have 18 years' experience of providing therapy and coaching, and 15 years' experience of working as a trainer and supervisor to other therapists. I have taught contemporary approaches to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy on the Advanced Diploma for Integrative Psychotherapy at Regents College.
I work with adults age 20-65.
Professional registration and accreditation
I'm registered as an approved CBT specialist service provider for Aviva, Cigna, AXA PPP, Bupa and Vitality Health.
I’m accredited with The British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) and registered as a therapist with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), Association of Contextual and Behavioural Sciences (ACBS) and teacher/trainer with the Society for Education and Training (SET). The rigorous 5 yearly reaccreditation process with BABCP means that my practice is very well regulated and in line with national standards of clinical excellence.
- Bsc (Hons) in Occupational Therapy (1998)
- Certificate of Extended Training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (2002)
- Post Graduate (Masters Level) Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, with Distinction (2005)
- Diploma in Therapons Belief Therapy for Addictions (2007)
- Diploma in Teaching Adults in the Lifelong Learning sector (2009)
- Intermediate and Advanced Training in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (2011-2015)
- Intermediate and Advanced Training in Compassion Focussed Therapy (2010-17)
This is just a small sample of my training! (There's more info on my website www.eleanorbigden.com)
Walking my talk so you get the most out of your time and budget!
It’s important to me that CBT is a wise investment of your time, energy and money, so I participate in several training workshops every year, as well as extensive personal development workshops, to continuously broaden, update and deepen my specialist areas.
I can also draw on 15 years of mindfulness training and practice in my own daily life to help you enhance your constructive focus and presence in life, work and relationships.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- My commitment is to offer a cost effective investment towards your wellbeing and development.
- I will help you make immediate changes
- I work in a way that is specifically designed to increase your life long skills, confidence and resilience.
- Research shows that the skills gained via CBT are highly transferrable from one situation to another.
- An obvious outcome of this is greater success in all areas of your life.
My fees are £120 per standard length therapy, coaching or mentoring consultation and £200 for a double session, which offers the overall best value for money, not just because of the discount on fees, but because it's like a super charged double dose! It means we can cover much more ground in one meeting and make the very most of your ring-fenced time, to help you move forwards more swiftly and develop a holistic toolkit, sometimes in as little as one or two double sessions, so your overall time, energy and financial investment is likely to be much more efficient overall, where its possible for you to schedule in for an accelerated boost of double sessions.
Please note : I don't offer reductions, as my fee is set to realistically enable me to make a much higher investment straight back into ensuring my clients are offered not just good quality therapy, but the very best that I can bring - through the many weekly activities I participate in to ensure continuous research, study and professional development. I also like to support some fantastic charities too, to widen the circle of what we can positively accomplish together.
Flexibility to fit your schedule
My aim is to make sure that therapy and coaching fits well in the context of your life. This is exactly what it’s designed to do! You can choose to either work with me at the same time each week or to shift times, locations and even move between face to face, phone and skype sessions, to suit your schedule. Where you have booked a face to face but something unexpected crops up, you can make an “up to the last minute switch” to have the session on the phone, so you can maximise your opportunity to keep moving forward even when it's hectic!
Moving forwards swiftly
If you'd like to get started right away, just email me or leave a voice message to outline what you're looking for and your preferences for face to face, phone or skype timings. Feel free to get in touch with any questions that'll help you make a decision that's right for you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
weekday afternoons and evenings
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Effective, authentic and enjoyable supervision .View supervision profile