Elaine Jenkins MBACP
Feeling stressed, overwhelmed, no one to understand how you are feeling? Everyone, regardless of age, gender, culture and race experiences the highs and lows of life. The highs are great, but the lows can reach all kinds of depths, which can make life situations very difficult to cope with. Anxiety and depression can be isolating and leaves you feeling in despair. But problems are normal, and it's your ability to cope - now that's where I come in.
It can sometimes be that a different perspective is achieved by talking through the difficulties, which can change how you feel. It may be a reflection of low self-esteem, which can impact your view on life, so we can explore and achieve a deeper self awareness so you can face challenges feeling stronger. It may be something medical which has been missed, and a pathway to appropriate healthcare can be explored. It may be a whole host of challenges you are facing.....but you have the ability to heal, we all do.
Whatever the problem, be it individual or within a couple, be it family or workplace or some challenging system which we all live amongst, the solution is always within yourself. This is what good counselling explores, so that you can arrive at a space to BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE! Which is GOOD ENOUGH!
Call or email me for a short talk on what you need and then we can arrange what type of medium you need, be it face to face, online, Skype or by telephone. You’re in control, so make that call and find a way home to emotional freedom. It may be the best gift you can give to yourself!
Training, qualifications & experience
- I am a Full Member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy which means that I am a qualified professional, fully insured and through my practise abide by the BACP's Code of Ethics.
I have qualified with a Diploma in Integrative Therapeutic Counselling, which is an eclectic mix of different theories so that I can draw on them to provide you with a much deeper awareness and understanding of yourself, your patterns and your ways of relating and a pathway to healing any emotional distress
- I am qualified in Working with Survivors of Rape and Childhood Sexual Abuse
- I am a school based counsellor working with adolescents in high schools who are experiencing emotional distress and am a member of the BACP Division of Counselling Young People and Children
- I have been a volunteer for Victim Support in Luton where I was trained in supporting victims of Domestic Violence and Victims of Crime
- I have a Certificate in the Human Givens Fast Phobia and Trauma Cure, which is particularly useful for PTSD and trauma, as well as all kinds of phobias. This enables me to conduct the Rewind Technique for these conditions, which is well researched and very effective
I have qualified with a Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy and this can be used as a very effective tool in accessing the unconscious mind and reprogramming destructive patterns
I am also a qualified Life Coach, as coaching techniques have proved to be highly successful when moving a client forwards when successful therapy is coming to a close
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Individual Therapy - I charge £40.00 per one hour session
Couples Therapy - I charge £70.00 for 1.5 hour sessions
A sliding scale can be negotiated for those on very low incomes
I receive payments in cash or through Paypal
As a qualified counsellor and member of the BACP, the requirements are that I attend regular supervision sessions each month to ensure that I am working ethically with clients, and to explore possible different ways of working with a client to support their needs. Counselling practise is highly confidential and client names are not used in this process. Supervision also ensures that I, myself, am practising self care, which results in my being the best I can be for my clients.
Working with clients is always a privilege and it is my pledge to offer the very best service to you and to work towards a self healing state for you to achieve.
Membership of the BACP also ensures that I attend regular additional training's to ensure that I am at the cutting edge of psycho therapeutic approaches which is best tailored to your needs
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Call or email me so that we can arrange a suitable appointment
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|