Cristina Odigie-Bulnes, Psychotherapist, MA, UKCP Reg.
With a passion for helping children, young people and adults make sense of things and expand their personal resilience, I aim to steadily empower clients so that they can shift feelings, thoughts and behaviours that have become hard to manage and understand.
The core aim of psychotherapy is to help young and adult clients feel more integrated and, thus, feel more secure in and better about themselves, their abilities and relationships.
My therapeutic work with children and adolescents involves identifying needs and difficulties they experience rather than making mental health or neurodevelopmental diagnoses. I then either suggest therapeutic plans that I can carry out, or make ongoing referrals to appropriate services if needed. My work with young clients often involves regularly meeting schools and parents/carers to help make sense of the key needs behind children’s behaviours.
Individual support to adult clients focusses on any matters that might be causing distress such as parenting challenges, work, relationships, anxiety, major life changes, and past experiences. I notice that my specialist psychotherapy training, work and skills enable me to effectively support adult clients who are experiencing the negative effects of childhood difficulties or trauma, offering them a kind, containing, non-judgemental, and validating private space where they can safely process and make sense of things.
In order to tailor the support I offer to my clients, as an integrative psychotherapist I use a variety of psychotherapy theories and approaches (including creative therapies such as art and play therapy, dramatherapy and sandtray therapy) to match individual needs.
If you would like to talk with me to discuss your concerns and needs, please reach me on my mobile. I know that it can be hard to make this first call so if I am unable to pick up your call, please text me or leave me a voice message with your name and contact details, and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Masters in Integrative Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy (Terapia and Middlesex University, London)
- Certificate in the Foundations of Counselling and Psychotherapy (CCPE, London)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Diploma (Lindum College, Lincoln)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Psychology (London Metropolitan University, London)
- Registration with the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) - the UK's leading professional body for the education, training and accreditation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors.
- Enhanced DBS Check
- Member of the European Society for Trauma and Dissociation (ESTD)
I have worked therapeutically with children, young people and adults for more than six years in places such as London, Nottingham, Lincoln and Barnsley. This includes several years of experience delivering therapeutic support work to parents and carers around parenting, attachment, special needs, and mental health difficulties in a Tier 2 Multidisciplinary Children, Adolescents and Family Intervention Service in Ealing (London) with close collaborations with CAMHS, Adult Mental Health Services, schools, and Social Care.
For years I have supported children and young people in a variety of educational settings such as primary and secondary mainstream schools, special needs schools, residential schools for Looked After Children, pupil referral units, and EBD schools.
My therapeutic work with adults and older adults has been carried out in my private practice and through my clinical roles in a charity and a community setting.
Extensive work with families and individuals from a variety of backgrounds, needs and life experiences keeps me open-minded and understanding.
Currently I combine my freelance work in schools and private practice in Lincoln with my role as a part-time child psychotherapist at the Barnsley Sexual Abuse & Rape Crisis Services (BSARCS), a charity that has a range of excellent supportive services for young and adult victims/survivors of sexual abuse and violence and their relatives and loved ones.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Relationship issues
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- School Refusals
- Adoption and Fostering
- Mourning, Bereavement and Loss
- Parent-Infant and Parent/Carer-Child Psychotherapy
- Trauma, Attachment, and Dissociation difficulties in children and adolescents
- Single Consultation Session (individuals; parents/carers) - £55 for a 60-minute session
- Therapy Session (children, adults) - £45 for a 50-minute session; specialist therapy sessions are costed depending on individual needs
- Family or Review Session - £55 for a 60-minute session and £80 for a 90-minute session
- Child and Adolescent Assessment Package - £350
I offer an assessment package which includes an initial consultation with parents/carers, five sessions with the client, and a parents/family session where I discuss findings and recommendations.
For an additional fee, I provide parents/carers with a written psychotherapy report.
School-based Integrative Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy and Counselling Services
- Currently I provide freelance school-based psychotherapy services in two special schools in Lincoln. My work involves combining key child psychotherapy theories, trauma-informed psychotherapy, person-centred therapy, and creative alternatives such as play, art and sandtray therapies. This integrative approach helps reach out to students with a variety of needs and developmental stages, and facilitate their self-healing processes.
Please contact me to learn more about developing a school-based psychotherapy service.
Training Seminars for School Staff
- There is a range of training sessions for educational settings and supportive agencies that I deliver on: Attachment Theory (adults, children and youth); Trauma and Its Impact on the Brain; and Emotional Regulation and Containment.
Please contact me if you would like to discuss training options.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client