Claudia Kempinska-Hill MA QTS Reg. MBACP (Accred.) Psychotherapist, Supervisor
I am an experienced psychodynamic counsellor and psychotherapist, working with adults and young people, parents/carers and families, with a variety of presenting issues on both a time-limited and open-ended basis, both individually and in groups, in various settings: within a school, a university counselling service, a mental health charity and in a private practice setting.
Sometimes it can be difficult to know why we are feeling unhappy, dissatisfied with life, anxious or depressed. During our first meeting, we can think together about what it is that may be troubling you and how counselling can help you. It is important that you feel that we are able to work together and we can decide between us what you would like to explore or focus on. As a psychodynamic therapist, I can help you to understand underlying problems by exploring unconscious processes, as well as helping you with conscious issues.
My counselling room is a safe, comfortable and confidential space, based above the NVCA building, just off the main High Street in Rushden town centre. Off road parking is available, with toilet facilities and disabled access. I am available at this practice on Mondays and Thursdays.
I have a wealth of experience of working with people of all ages, backgrounds, with diverse gender and sexuality issues and with severe and enduring mental health issues.
I have a particular interest and specialism in working with :
*people with anger difficulties
* LGBTQ clients
* clients who have experienced childhood trauma and loss
* people with identity issues
* people with relationship issues.
In addition to individual counselling, I also offer therapeutic organisational consultation and group facilitation. I work therapeutically with academic and pastoral staff in schools and with fostering agencies. I work with staff and young people/adults both in groups and individually, helping to understand how young people's behaviour can impact on staff groups. Organisational consultation helps facilitate healthier relationships between staff and staff and young people, benefitting the whole organisation.
Please contact to discuss consultation fees.
I also offer clinical supervision to individuals and groups as well as mentoring to therapists and health care professionals who may wish to explore the emotional impact of their work. I am also able to promote professional growth by looking an unconscious processes impacting on progress personally and professionally.
I offer online counselling, psychotherapy and supervision for individuals and groups. Please contact me to discuss, if you are interested in working with me in this way, for further information on this approach.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MA in Psychodynamic Counselling and Psychotherapy - University of Leicester
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision
- Registered and Accredited Member of the BACP, working within their Ethical Framework
- A qualified teacher (QTS)
- A Bank Adult Psychotherapist working on behalf of NHS in a private practice setting
- A member of the core team of counsellors in a university setting and Counsellor Duty Officer
- An experienced Lecturer, clinical supervisor and tutor on Cert HE in Counselling, BA in Integrative Counselling and MA in Psychodynamic Counselling and Psychotherapy at the University of Leicester
- Experience of setting up and managing a school counselling service and counselling students within a school setting (11-16 year olds)
- Experienced Director, Clinical Lead and Head of Service at Northampton Counselling Service
- DBS checked with full Indemnity Insurance
- Trained and experienced in Safeguarding and PREVENT (radicalisation training) for both children and vulnerable adults
- Equality and Diversity trained
- Level 3 qualification in Education and Training
- completed an online qualification (OCST BACP Approved training) in online supervision and counselling and psychotherapy for both individuals and groups
- Named counsellor and therapist for Northampton Leisure Trust
- Working with Employee Assist Programme
- experienced in working short-term (6 sessions) and with longer and open ended contracts.
- Currently organisational and clinical supervisor to an organisation working with adults and young people experiencing Sexual Exploitation in Leicester
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
Photos & videos
My fee is £55 per fifty minute session. There are some reduced fee spaces for students, for those currently in counselling training and those on low wage- please contact to discuss. Please feel free to leave a message or send an email- my phone maybe switched off if I am in session with a client.
I am committed to continuing professional development having completed a Master's research paper in counselling and psychotherapy entitled " We are human not robots!" How novice psychodynamic practitioners manage challenges to the therapeutic frame and was selected to present my research findings at the BACP Research Conference in May 2015.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I currently have availability for appointments on Monday and Thursday in Rushden Northants. I have additional days and times set for online/telephone/email therapy and online supervision.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I hold a certificate in Clinical Supervision (British Psychological Society Approved) and I am an experienced psychodynamic therapist.View supervision profile