Clare Staunton Relationship And Sex Therapy W6 / SW6
07903 681853 (Feel free to text if you cannot call or email at the moment - we can organise a safe time to chat)
Reducing Anxiety Around Sex, Dating, Intimacy and Relationships
Everyone’s meant to have conflict-free relationships, be happy with intimacy, and have an orgasmic sex life. Aren’t they? Not all of us do. Although admitting this can be tough, you are not the only one.
Just doing an internet search to find a sex or relationship counsellor can be daunting. If your sex life is not as you’d like it, or your relationship is in limbo, a sex or relationship therapist might be able to help.
We all have different sexual appetites or desires for a relationship. You might already know what these are, you might know what they are but haven’t figured out how to make them happen yet – or you may have no idea what you want at all. Whichever stage you’re at, our work together will aim to unlock further understanding and help you have fuller relationships.
Clients I have worked with have reported increasing time spent with parter, more sober sex, confidence in dating, a 'healthier' sexual education and further understanding of their behaviour in relationships. I have also given clients practical skills - (sexually and in communication) that they will be able to take away and use themselves. Clients who have been in generic therapy before tell me they are addressing an area that has been almost ignored in their previous work.
Please give me a call or drop me an email to book in an initial 'Discovery Session' and I will be really honest about whether we could work together, or if there is someone else I can refer you onto that would be better suited to you. You can also text me if you are unable to email / call now. We can sort out a time to have an initial 10 minute conversation - that's all it takes to start the process.
How I work?
I'm open minded and kind. When you feel ready to make changes I will gently challenge you to do so. There is never any nakedness in the room, and I'm not like the mother in 'Meet the Fockers' film! I may give you exercises to try at home, but generally sessions are interactive. If you would prefer a counsellor who will consistently sit quietly for hours while you recline on a chaise longue and stare at the ceiling, then we might not be the best match!
I don't wish to keep you in counselling longer than you need, and if I'm not the right person to be working with you, I'll try to recommend someone who may be more appropriate. A ten minute chat on the phone should help us kick start the process.
Who I can help:
Typically clients may call me about some of the below because they are causing difficulties for them/ in their relationship.
I work with clients who are in same or mixed sex relationships or who might not be in relationships at all. I work with clients who are ethically non monogomous.
COUPLES COUNSELLING/ RELATIONSHIP ISSUES
- 'Just not getting on as well as we did'
- Life stage changes
- Negotiating monogamy
- Relationship history and repeating patterns
- Relationships post newborns
- Recent medical diagnosis
If you have a Vagina ....
- Dysperunia (painful sex) - whether through penetration or touching around the vulva
- Lack of lubrication
- Non Arousal
- Vaginismus (where your vagina struggles to engage in penetrative play)
If you have a Penis
- Delayed ejaculation(when it takes you longer than you’d like to ejaculate)
- Lack of or maintaining erection when you want them
- Rapid ejaculation (ejaculating quicker than you’d like - not called Premature Ejaculation - everyone has different times!)
- Retrograde ejaculation (when ejaculate goes backwards into the bladder)
- Analismus (where you struggle to engage in penetrative anal play)
- Anorgasmia (inability to orgasm)
- Body dysmorphia (excessive unhappiness with your body)
- Fear of intimacy
- Fertility Problems, miscarriages, terminations
- Growing older and changes involved
- Impact of religion on sensuality / sexuality
- Low desire or low libido
- Medical conditions that are effecting sexual function (such as Cancer, Diabetes, Heart Problems or HIV)
- Not able to maintain / sabotaging intimate relationships
- Porn - if you are concerned you're watching 'too much' or may have compulsive behaviour.
- Physical and mental abuse
- Post Natal Phase - adjusting to post baby bodies and family dynamics
- Sexual assault or abuse
- Sexual orientation – if you’re unsure of your sexual orientation and this is causing you difficulty.
- Virginity or celibacy
Training, qualifications & experience
My work in sexual health has been in both the NHS and charities. This has included Chelsea and Westminster Trust, The Havens Sexual Assault Centre, Living Well and Terrence Higgins Trust. I've worked 1:1, 1:2 and in groups.
I am a GSRD friendly Counsellor - (Gender, Sexual and Relationship Diversity) and a member of a group practice - http://www.londonsexrelationshiptherapy.com I work with clients who are in mixed or same sex relationships, not in relationships at all, into kink, polyamory or non monogamy.
My Counselling qualifications are from Regents College (Psychotherapy and Counselling) and the London School of Psychosexual and Relationship Therapy. The second course has led to my general membership of COSRT (College of Sex and Relationship Therapy), which is the leading membership organisation for therapists in this field. COSRT training combines Sex and Relationship Therapy, and I believe that these are heavily intertwined in client work.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Many of the more general issues listed above can interlink with relationships, whether sexual or not (that include stress, disability, trauma, bereavement, phobias).
If you are looking for a general therapist on, for example, bereavement work - this would not be me. However if since loosing a partner / family member you have been having intimacy or relationship issues then this would be where I specialise.
Discovery (initial) first session is £70
50 minute sessions are £70
75 minute sessions are £100
Usually people attend weekly, particularly to start with. Some people may come less frequently later on but have longer sessions. It is flexible to fit in with your needs and availability.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and Evening Appointments Available
Types of client