Caron Zar Counsellor (Accred) Reg.MBACP
Hello, my name is Caron and I am a qualified, registered and experienced counsellor offering weekly one-to-one counselling at my Private Practice in Stanmore, Middlesex.
In my experience, many people feel anxious talking about their difficulties but you are in safe hands. We'll explore your past at a pace that feels right for you, so that you can move forward with your life, feeling more empowered.
My style of working is client-centred and together we will focus on your individual needs, try to understand what is going on for you and find ways to make changes or develop coping strategies for situations that cannot be altered.
My practice has a calm, peaceful room which will help you to feel safe and supported and where you are free to be yourself, without the worry of being judged or criticized. My practice is professional and confidential.
The benefits of counselling and how I can help
People often report that they feel calmer, less anxious, less stressed, sleep better, have improved communication, a better work/life balance, look after themselves more, understand their needs better, make positive changes, learn how to say no and laugh again.
I can help you to understand the destructive patterns in your life and where they come from.
I can help you to focus on relationships that work for you.
I can give you tools to manage emotions in more healthy ways.
I can help you feel more empowered.
I have worked in a variety of education and private settings in a clinical capacity, for over 20 years. I have worked with individuals (adults and adolescents), families and have facilitated group work.
I have provided counselling for a multitude of issues including relationship issues, family relationship issues, loss/bereavement, separation/divorce, anxiety/stress, self harm, panic attacks, depression, low self esteem/confidence, work related issues, illness/disability, body image, trauma, helping people to overcome painful times in their lives.
I use a Psychodynamic approach within my practice, which helps us look at how early experiences impact on the here and now in your life. It can be especially helpful for untangling ‘baggage’ which may be holding you back in your current relationships and attitudes to others. Understanding how these patterns are caught up in old hurts, can free you to choose more healthy relationships.
My work with adolescents, both in a secondary school setting and privately has allowed me to use a wide range of skills, including Creative Therapy Techniques. Sometimes people find it difficult to express themselves or get stuck so using other mediums can really help to move people forward.
How to get started
If you are interested in exploring what it might be like to work with me as your counsellor, please do get in touch by messaging me through this profile or calling 07596 140463.
Please do leave a message if I don't take the call straight away, as I may be working. We can arrange an initial session to get to know each other and find out whether the support I offer would be useful to you.
How it works
- Individual Sessions - If you would like to make an appointment, we will meet for an initial session. This will be an opportunity to talk and think about the things that are worrying you and to agree on some goals to work on. We would then be able to arrange a time to meet each week for a 50 minute session. There are no limits to the number of sessions you can have.
- Parental Consultations - We would meet for a 50 minute session to think about what is worrying you about your son or daughter. This would give you an opportunity to meet me and tell me anything you think would be helpful in the ongoing work and for you to ask any questions about the way I work. If you wish to go ahead we will then find a suitable time for me to work one to one with your son or daughter. I can also offer facilitation sessions with you and your son or daughter to help you move forward in your relationship with each other.
- Short Term Adult Work - We would meet for 8-12 sessions and focus on the goals that you would like to work on. Each session is 50 minutes.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training & Qualifications
I am an accredited registered member of the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) and abide by their ethical framework. I meet regularly with a clinical supervisor to review my work.
- BSc Hons Psychology Manchester University
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education University of Hertfordshire
- Postgraduate Diploma in Dramatherapy University of Hertfordshire
- Introductory Training in Analytical Psychotherapy with Adults London Centre for Psychotherapy
- Counselling Skills & Attitudes Certificate Course North West Middlesex Westminster Pastoral Foundation
- Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling North West Middlesex Westminster Pastoral Foundation
- Safeguarding (young people)
- BACP Registered & Accredited Psychodynamic Counsellor
- DSB Checked ( Disclosure & Barring Service) previously CRB
- Primary School Teacher
- Teacher for Emotionally disturbed adolescents
- Counsellor for Emotionally disturbed adolescents
- Dramatherapist for secondary school pupils
- Hospital Paediatric Teacher
- Counsellor in an Adult private health care clinic
- Secondary School Counsellor for Students and Staff
- Listening Skills Trainer
- Stress Management workshop leader
- Private Practice Counsellor for Adults, Adolescents and Parents
Volunteer counsellor at an affiliate Westminster Pastoral Foundation counselling agency for adults.
I have regular CPD training.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Binge-eating disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Work with Adolescents
Before I qualified as a counsellor I worked as a teacher in mainstream schools, paediatric wards and a Pupil Referral Unit. I have lots of experience of working with young people and their parents.
Sometimes young people find it too difficult to share their emotions with family, friends, teachers etc. They need to have a safe, neutral space to help them to express and explore their feelings. Being heard allows young people to feel emotionally stronger within themselves and feel more empowered in their own life.
Often having had a space to think and process feelings, enables young people to communicate better with other people in their lives. At this stage I have found that facilitation sessions between young people and their parents can really help to improve relationships.
I can also help by offering separate consultations to parents who may also want some emotional support or guidance.
Work with Teachers
As the Lead Counsellor in a large multicultural School I have also supported many teachers and staff members. I understand the pressures on schools and the need for a space to think and process feelings. Counselling can help to manage the difficult emotions that working with young people can evoke.
Photos & videos
Individual Sessions 50 mins £50
Parent Consultations 50 mins £55
Counselling for Counsellors
I do offer counselling for trainee counsellors and mental health professionals - if you are a trainee/ newly qualified counsellor seeking help we can work together to address both work related and personal issues.
I can offer concessionary rates to trainee counsellors, please ask in your initial enquiry.
Payment are made at the beginning of each session by cash or in advance of the session, by bank transfer.
Sessions generally take place on a weekly basis and at the same time each week.
Please contact me through this website, or by text message or telephone 07596 140463, for further details and to arrange an initial session where we can explore whether the support I offer would be useful to you.
I always try to get back to you within 24 hours, yet generally it is sooner.
You can follow me on Facebook where I post information about Mental Health and Well Being.
'Your support and expertise have been a huge help and I feel the sessions have been of enormous benefit to me. It is great to finally start making sense of my life and world and to be feeling hopeful about the future. Your role in that has been massive'.
'I am very, very happy with the counselling I received and the impact it had on my issues'.
'I am really grateful for the opportunity to speak to you. You gave a great amount of support and ideas, which is continuing to help me on a day to day basis.'
‘I feel that the work you and X did together made a profound difference to her. She emerged feeling far more positive about life in general and more able to cope with the pressures of school and her estranged father. When I asked her if she wanted to say something about the experience of seeing a counsellor, her response was “ Counselling with Caron helped”. Minimalist but positive!
'I found it really good that I had a safe and confidential space where I could talk about any and everything'.
'I was able to express what was on my mind freely. It helped me to learn to control certain feelings and to understand why I had those feelings'.
I see clients in my private therapy practice in Stanmore, Middlesex, in a quiet residential road.
There is free parking available. I can be reached by the 142 bus and there is a bus stop 5 mins walk away. I can also be reached by the Jubilee Line, at Stanmore Station.
As I do not have a waiting room please arrive at the time of the appointment. If you do arrive early there is a nice area to take a walk before your session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
weekdays and evenings
Types of client