Caron Zar Counsellor (Accred) Reg.MBACP
Hello, my name is Caron and I am a qualified, registered and experienced counsellor offering weekly one-to-one counselling at my Private Practice in Stanmore, Middlesex. My practice is ideally situated for Stanmore, Edgware, Harrow, Harrow Weald, Kingsbury, Mill Hill, Bushey, Watford, Oxhey, Borehamwood, Elstree and surrounding areas. I can offer short term or open ended, face to face counselling , it is completely your choice.
I have specialised in supporting adults, teenagers and parents in a variety of settings, for over 20 years, helping people to overcome many distressing issues.
I use a Psychodynamic approach within my practice, which helps us look at how early experiences impact on the here and now in your life. Counselling provides time for self-reflection and an opportunity to discover often complex and largely unknown ways, in which past experiences are unhelpfully influencing the present.
I also use Creative Therapy Techniques, where appropriate. Sometimes people find it difficult to express themselves or get stuck so using other mediums can really help to move people forward.
How I can help
When you have a difficult situation or feel your life is not going in the right way, counselling can help you to find a way forward. Sometimes it can help to talk to someone who is not involved in your life about how you are feeling and the difficulties you are experiencing. The counselling process requires a strong relationship between you and your counsellor which is why it is so important that you choose a counsellor that you feel you can connect with.
My practice has a calm, peaceful room which will help you to feel safe and supported and where you are free to be yourself, without the worry of being judged or criticised. My practice is professional and confidential.
I will help you to gain a deeper understanding of yourself and the people in your life and together we will work on the changes you wish to make. I will use my experience to help you feel comfortable, set your goals and work at your own pace.
You may wish to explore relationship issues, family relationship issues, loss/bereavement, separation/divorce, anxiety/stress, self harm, panic attacks, depression, low self esteem/confidence, work related issues, illness/disability, body image, trauma, or anything else that you would like support with.
We will focus on your individual needs and find ways to make changes or develop coping strategies for situations that cannot be altered.
How to get started
If you are interested in exploring what it might be like to work with me as your counsellor, please do get in touch by messaging me through this profile or calling 07596 140463.
Please do leave a message if I don't take the call straight away, as I may be working. We can arrange an initial free 30 minute session to get to know each other and find out whether the support I offer would be useful to you.
How it works
- Individual Sessions - If you would like to make an appointment, the usual procedure would be to meet for an initial session. This will be an opportunity to talk and think about the things that are worrying you and to agree on some goals to work on. We would then be able to arrange a time to meet each week for a 50 minute session. There are no limits to the number of sessions you can have.
- Parental Consultations - We would meet for a 50 minute session to think about what is worrying you about your son or daughter. This would give you an opportunity to meet me and tell me anything you think would be helpful in the ongoing work and for you to ask any questions about the way I work. If you wish to go ahead we will then find a suitable time for me to work one to one with your son or daughter. I can also offer facilitation sessions with you and your son or daughter to help you move forward in your relationship with each other.
- Short Term Adult Work - We would meet for 8-12 sessions and focus on the goals that you would like to work on. Each session is 50 minutes.
I have weekday and evening appointments available.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training & Qualifications
I am an accredited registered member of the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) and abide by their ethical framework. I meet regularly with a clinical supervisor to review my work.
- BSc Hons Psychology Manchester University
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education University of Hertfordshire
- Postgraduate Diploma in Dramatherapy University of Hertfordshire
- Introductory Training in Analytical Psychotherapy with Adults London Centre for Psychotherapy
- Counselling Skills & Attitudes Certificate Course North West Middlesex Westminster Pastoral Foundation
- Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling North West Middlesex Westminster Pastoral Foundation
- Safeguarding (young people)
- BACP Registered & Accredited Psychodynamic Counsellor
- DSB Checked ( Disclosure & Barring Service) previously CRB
- Primary School Teacher
- Teacher for Emotionally disturbed adolescents
- Counsellor for Emotionally disturbed adolescents
- Dramatherapist for secondary school pupils
- Hospital Paediatric Teacher
- Counsellor in an Adult private health care clinic
- Secondary School Counsellor for Students and Staff
- Listening Skills Trainer
- Stress Management workshop leader
- Private Practice Counsellor for Adults, Adolescents and Parents
Volunteer counsellor at an affiliate Westminster Pastoral Foundation counselling agency for adults.
I have regular CPD training.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Binge-eating disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Pregnancy and birth
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Work with Adolescents
Before I qualified as a counsellor I worked as a teacher in mainstream schools, paediatric wards and a Pupil Referral Unit. I have lots of experience of working with young people and their parents.
Sometimes young people find it too difficult to share their emotions with family, friends, teachers etc. They need to have a safe, neutral space to help them to express and explore their feelings. Being heard allows young people to feel emotionally stronger within themselves and feel more empowered in their own life.
Often having had a space to think and process feelings, enables young people to communicate better with other people in their lives. At this stage I have found that facilitation sessions between young people and their parents can really help to improve relationships.
I can also help by offering separate consultations to parents who may also want some emotional support or guidance.
Work with Teachers
As the Lead Counsellor in a large multicultural School I have also supported many teachers and staff members. I understand the pressures on schools and the need for a space to think and process feelings. Counselling can help to manage the difficult emotions that working with young people can evoke.
Photos & videos
I offer a free initial 30 minute face- to- face consultation so we can find out if we would like to work together.
Individual Sessions 50 mins £50
Parent Consultations 50 mins £55
Counselling for Counsellors
I do offer counselling for trainee counsellors and mental health professionals - if you are a trainee/ newly qualified counsellor seeking help we can work together to address both work related and personal issues.
I can offer concessionary rates to trainee counsellors, please ask in your initial enquiry.
Payment for sessions are made at the beginning of each session by cheque, cash or in advance, by bank transfer.
Sessions generally take place on a weekly basis and at the same time each week.
Please contact me through this website, or by text message or telephone 07596 140463, for further details and to arrange an initial session where we can explore whether the support I offer would be useful to you.
I always try to get back to you within 24 hours, yet generally it is sooner.
You can follow me on Facebook where I post information about Mental Health and Well Being.
'I am really grateful for the opportunity to speak to you. You gave a great amount of support and ideas, which is continuing to help me on a day to day basis.'
‘I feel that the work you and X did together made a profound difference to her. She emerged feeling far more positive about life in general and more able to cope with the pressures of school and her estranged father. When I asked her if she wanted to say something about the experience of seeing a counsellor, her response was “ Counselling with Caron helped”. Minimalist but positive!
'If anyone is looking for a counsellor whether for themselves or their child I highly recommend Caron. From the first day I met Caron she made us feel comfortable. I have been to other counsellors before and after the first appointment never returned'.
I see clients in my private therapy practice in Stanmore, Middlesex, in a quiet residential road.
There is free parking available. I can be reached by the 142 bus and there is a bus stop 5 mins walk away. I can also be reached by the Jubilee Line, at Stanmore Station.
As I do not have a waiting room please arrive at the time of the appointment. If you do arrive early there is a nice area to take a walk before your session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I currently have sessions available in the weekday evenings from 5.30 pm -7.30 pm and Fridays from 9.30 am-4.30pm
Types of client