Barry Carruthers BSc. (Hons) Dips Couns. Cert, CBT, MBACP (registered)
Joints & Points Healthcare
1 The Rake
Business Space Solutions
112-114 Market Street
0344 415 4895 / 07403250051
- You can get in touch by calling me directly on my mobile or on the clinic number
- You can get in touch by emailing me
- We can then arrange a convenient time and date for your initial session/assessment.
- I have clinics in the following locations : Liverpool City Centre, Bromborough & Hoylake (Wirral) and Ellesmere Port (South Wirral)
- At the assessment we will explore what you would like to get out of your counselling sessions.
- Sessions last no longer than 1 hour and afterwards we can agree a time scale/schedule for your future sessions.
- I have been practising as a psychotherapist for many years after receiving my degree in applied psychology and I work across the integrative model on a one to one basis and group work, which enables me to work safely and ethically with all my clients.
- I practice in the following areas: CBT, Mindfulness, Person Centred, Psychodynamic, Solution Focused Therapy, Guided Imagery and Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing
- I work with: Abuse, anger management, anxiety, Asperger Syndrome, bereavement, child related issues, depression, disability, eating disorders, loss, mental health issues, obsessions, OCD, personal development, phobias, post-traumatic stress, self-esteem, self-harm, stress, trauma, work related issues.
Training, qualifications & experience
Applied Psychology, BSc (Hons) Liverpool John Moores University, Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy MBACP, Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Diploma in EMDR Therapy and Mindfulness.
Areas of Special interests:
Trauma (PTSD), Mindfullness and Guided Imagery, Complex Needs, Depresion , Low Mood, Phobias, Paninic Attacks,
I have experience of working with young adults in a mainstream school setting
I have experience of working win in the NHS
I have have experiance of working with leaning disabilities
I have experiance of working with abuse victims
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work related stress
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
Photos & videos
- Initial assessment session £40.00.
- Further counselling session £40.00.
- All counselling sessions 1 hour duration
All my clinics are warm, friendly and safe. On arrival you will be greeted by one of our friendly front of house staff members. At your final counselling session you will be given relevant information regarding aftercare, this is informative and outlines how to continue to self-care.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available to see clinics on the following days and times within 24 hrs: Mondays 9 am-5 pm, Tuesdays 10 am-2 pm, Wednesdays 10 am-2 pm, Thursdays 9 am - 5 pm, Fridays 9 am - 5 pm.
Types of client