Barry Carruthers BSc. (Hons) Dips Couns. Cert, EMDR, CBT, MBACP (registered)
Joints & Points Healthcare
1 The Rake
Business Space Solutions
112-114 Market Street
0344 415 4895 / 07403 250051
- I have clinics in the following locations : Liverpool, Bromborough & Hoylake (Wirral) and Ellesmere Port (South Wirral) and Wigan.
- I hold a BSc (Hons) Applied Psychology and have been practing as a psychotherapist for many years. I specialise in trauam and pain management therapy.
- I also quolifyed and practice in: CBT, Mindfulness, Person Centred, Psychodynamic, Solution Focused Therapy, Guided Imagery and Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing
- I work with: Abuse, anger management, anxiety, Asperger Syndrome, bereavement, child related issues, depression, disability, eating disorders, loss, mental health issues, obsessions, OCD, personal development, phobias, post-traumatic stress, self-esteem, self-harm, stress, trauma, work related issues.
Training, qualifications & experience
Applied Psychology, BSc (Hons) Liverpool John Moores University, Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy MBACP, Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Diploma in EMDR Therapy and Mindfulness.
Areas of Special interests:
Trauma and pain management Therapy
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
Photos & videos
- Initial assessment session £50.00.
- Further counselling session £50.00.
- All counselling sessions 1 hour duration
Joints nad Points Talking Therapy offer a warm and friendly and safe environment that is privet and confidential.
you will be able to see me or my colleague who is a femail therapist within one week of your enquiry.
Privet therapy allows you to seek help and support without going through your doctor or employer.
You will be able to book appointments that fit in with your busy work and home life.
On arrival you will be greeted by one of our friendly front of house staff members of our staff team.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available to see clinics on the following days and times within 24 hrs: Mondays 9 am-5 pm, Tuesdays 10 am-6 pm, Wednesdays 10 am-2 pm, Thursdays 9 am - 5 pm, Fridays 9 am - 5 pm.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|