Barry Carruthers BSc. (Hons) Dips Couns. Cert, EMDR, CBT, MBACP (registered)
Joints & Points Healthcare
1 The Rake
82a Whitby Road
0344 415 4895 / 07403 250051
- I have clinics in the following locations : Liverpool, Bromborough, Hoylake (Wirral), Ellesmere Port (South Wirral) and Wigan.
- I hold a BSc (Hons) in Applied Psychology and have been practising as a psychotherapist for many years. I specialise in trauma and pain management therapy.
- I am also qualified and practice in: CBT, Mindfulness, Person Centred, Psycho-dynamic, Solution Focused Therapy, Guided Imagery and Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- I work with: Abuse, anger management, anxiety, Asperger Syndrome, bereavement, child related issues, depression, disability, eating disorders, loss, mental health issues, obsessions, OCD, personal development, phobias, post-traumatic stress, self-esteem, self-harm, stress, trauma, work related issues.
Training, qualifications & experience
Applied Psychology, BSc (Hons) Liverpool John Moores University, Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy MBACP, Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Diploma in EMDR Therapy and Mindfulness.
Areas of Special interests:
Trauma and Pain Management Therapy
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
Photos & videos
- Initial assessment session £50.00.
- Further counselling session £50.00.
- All counselling sessions 1 hour duration
I have practiced as a CBT, EMDR Psychotherapist for many years. I have a special interest in the effects and impact of emotional and psychological trauma.
I have a good working knowledge of the different counselling approaches and I am able to support individuals towards a solution focused positive outcome.
I have clinics across the North West which allows me to see clients within 48 hours of initial enquiry.
I hold face to face and couples counselling.
I hold a BSc (Hons) Applied Psychology.
I am an integrative therapist and also trained in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Eye movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR), Mindfulness and Guided Imagery, Psycho-dynamic Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available to see patients on the following days and times within 24 hrs: Mondays 10am - 6pm, Tuesdays 10 am-6 pm, Wednesdays 10am- 6pm, Thursdays 9am - 6pm, Fridays 9am - 2pm.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|