Annette Cooper , MBACP, Pg Dip Counselling & Psychotherapy, RGN
Kagyu Samye Dzong Glasgow
7 Ashley Street
0141 5815868 / 07964 975351
I am wondering if you are struggling to cope at the moment. Sometimes life is really tough and at times it feels like an uphill struggle just to get through the day.
It may well be that you are experiencing Stress, Anxiety, Panic Attacks or Depression at the moment
and are unsure of how to cope with all of this. I offer short term focused work or longer term worked if needed.
My name is Annette and I consider myself to be a warm and caring person and if you would like to
explore some of these issues I would be committed to offering you a safe, respectful,and non-
judgmental relationship to do that in.
I have many years experience in the NHS before fulfilling my ambition to train as a Counsellor. I have met a lot of lovely people who have found themselves in very vulnerable situations and I understand that at times it can feel difficult to express how you are feeling to significant others in your life. Perhaps you are experiencing difficulties in your relationships with a partner, children or others.
I would be delighted to hear from you and have a chat with you on the phone or via e-mail to answer any
questions that you may have prior to booking a session. If this sounds like something you would be
interested in, please get in touch.
As a member of BACP, I am bound by its Code of Ethics and Practice and subject to its complaints
procedure. I am also the Secretary of PCT Scotland ( Person-Centred Therapy) and the above link to
the website gives some information of the Person-Centred approach.
Training, qualifications & experience
- More recent Training, Qualifications and Experience
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy - (Stirling University)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills - (Glasgow University)
- ACT - Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (online training)
- I am currently training with Babette Rothschild regarding Trauma Training.
- Mindfulness and Compassion training with the mindfulness association.
- I have recently completed the 5 day CBT TOOLKIT training.
- Level 4 certificate in Counselling skills with children.
I have worked in a number of counselling organisations. In Employment Assistance Work and have dealt
with people suffering from stress, depression, bullying, relationship issues, bereavement, self harm,
anxiety,panic attacks, low self esteem, social anxiety etc.
I have also integrated my counselling and nursing experience of dealing with people who have health related issues such as Chronic illness, supporting women who are going through the Menopause and the adjustments that this brings too. I also work with people affected by Cancer and volunteer with Cancer Support Scotland in one of their outreach Libraries where I see people affected directly by cancer. I also see carers or family members affected. I totally understand the sense that you may have of not "feeling safe" since your cancer diagnosis. Always at the back of your mind is the worry that you will get cancer again. I would be interested to help you find an anchor and help calm down your stress response to these events.
I have experience in other areas such as:
Place2be - working with children who have experienced trauma in relation to family events and their
circumstances and helping them to build resilience despite the adversity that they face. Also children
who are struggling to come to terms with Bereavement in their family such as a grand parent or parent.
I have worked in a number of other agencies and gained experience as a Parent Counsellor at Govan Help. This involved supporting a parent or carer of children who attend one of the schools in the Govan area. I have also worked at the Wynd Centre in Paisley and Mind Mosaic in Inverclyde.
Previous Training, Qualifications and experience
- Post Graduate Diploma in Critical Care Nursing and Specialist Practitioner Qualification . (Glasgow University).
- Non Medical Prescriber
- Advanced Clinical Examination Skills Training.
- Advanced Life Support Instructor (Western Infirmary, Glasgow)
- JBCNS - Cardio-Thoracic Nursing ( Brompton Hospital, London)
- Registered Nurse
- Clinical Educator
- I have worked in the NHS as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner in the Acute Sector.
- I have a lot of experience working with people who had life threatening illnesses such as heart problems and this includes Young People with Congenital Heart Defects.
- I have also worked with people diagnosed with Cancer.I understand the impact this has on the individual and also on the carers. I know that I can offer a safe and respectful space for these feelings to be explored if necessary.
- As a Non Medical Prescriber and I often counselled people regarding issues relating to their Medication.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Other areas of counselling I deal with
A sense of Isolation and alienation from others.
Photos & videos
Session are one hour and I generally see clients weekly. However appointments can be more or less frequent than this and shift patterns can also be worked around.
Personal change takes its own time so it's difficult to estimate how many sessions an individual will need. Some clients feel ready to end in fewer than six sessions, but the decision to end is always the clients.
Fees £40 per hour but some concessions available at £30 per hour.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday - Friday. Days and evenings.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|