Amanda Collinson MBACP Adv. Dip.
The Leigh Clinic
84 Elm Road
Whatever concerns or difficulties you have with my experience as a professionally trained and BACP registered counsellor we can work together to overcome them. I offer individual and couples counselling from comfortable therapy rooms at The Leigh Clinic.
So what is in it for you? Someone to talk to, someone to provide you support, undo your confusion, move away from feeling stuck, gain a sense of emotional wellbeing, feel relaxed, freedom from distress, positive change, letting go of fears and anxieties, peace of mind and happiness, feeling energised, a happier and healthier life.
It's all about you. Counselling focusses on your needs. Using my skills I aim to help you achieve the change you are looking for.
I work in an integrative style incorporating person centred and psychodynamic, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Systemic techniques which means I can adapt my approach to suit your personality and your personal style of working.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certificate in Mindfulness Practice (2016)
- Certificate in Building Self Esteem (2014)
- Certificate in Neonatal Experience (2013)
- Certificate in Child and Baby Bereavement (2011)
- Certificate in Systemic Work with Children and Families (2011)
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy (2008-2010)
- Certificate in Person Centred Counselling (2006-2008)
- Diploma Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) (2008)
- Certificate Attachment Theory and Loss (2009)
- Certificate Childhood Loss and Grief (2009)
- Certificate Working with Teenagers and Grief (2009)
- Certificate Bereavement and Loss (2009)
- Certificate Domestic Violence (2007)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
One-to-one counselling session £45.00
Sessions are for 50 minutes and are typically scheduled for the same time and day each week.
I can occasionally offer sessions at a reduced rate for those who are unable to pay the full fee due to low income, i.e. students and senior citizens. Please enquire for further information.
I have many years of experience of working with a wide range of clients bringing diverse issues including work related stress and anxiety, bullying and depression. For the past six years I have also provided bereavement counselling for a local hospice.
My practice is conveniently located in central Leigh-on-Sea, 15 minute walk from the mainline railway station. Free client parking available.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
9.00 - 20.00 Monday to Saturday 9.00 - 17.00 Sunday
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|