01825 732224 / 07547 508 107
Hello, my name is Adam Goward, I am passionate about counselling and the benefits of therapy, to be heard and feel understood, also to unpack thoughts and feelings can be so enlightening and liberating.
For me counselling is giving yourself the time and space to explore your issues, to gain insight with the help of a caring professional who is able to facilitate you through the often challenging and difficult experience of personal therapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
I've worked as a school counsellor, within GP surgeries on IAPT scheme [Increased Access to Psychological Therapies] where client issues are very wide ranging.
I have also had 5 years as a volunteer at a hospice where my work was centred around bereavement, other charitable work I do is for an organisation which has GP and self-referrals.
- NOCN Introduction to counselling, 3 credits at level 1 and 2
- AQA Certificate in counselling skills, VC11 skills acquisition and practice, VC12 working with loss and grief
- TA 101, Transactional Analysis
- Diploma in counselling, Humanistic Integrative, combining Person Centred, Gestalt and Transactional Analysis from an Institute accredited by the BACP
- Group bereavement work
- Foundation training in understanding and working with dissociation.
- Member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapy
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
I work in private practice on either a long or short term basis, I charge £40 per full 1 hour session; I offer a 50% reduced rate for those on a low income, depending on space and availability. Please ask.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime & evening appointments only, no weekends.
Types of client