GREGOR H L LURIE, MBACP (Senior Accredited) UKRCP
Octavia Court Gardens
St Paul's Way
01923 231 743 / 07752 888 477
Is life very difficult for you right now? Are you dealing with saddness, worry, loneliness, loss of relationship? Is it hard to ask for help, and even more so when searching for a stranger to confide in and rely on? I understand the anxiety that goes with this process for you and will do everything i can to make it as comfortable as possible.
Are you worrying, feeling stressed and overwhelmed? Do you ache to feel more relaxed and less anxious? I believe i can help with over 26 years experience helping many people with their unique healing journeys.
(Please see testamonials below).
I am told i am a warm and caring person, empathic and down-to-earth which helps clients feel relaxed, comfortable, supported and understood. We will create a trusting therapy relationship which provides a safe, supportive, non-judgmental environment where you can fully express and explore yourself.
Growth and change occurs from within such a therapeutic relationship.
We will work to explore your life issues, identify new possibilities, to allow you to move forward in your life.
Essentially i can help you become more in touch with your thoughts and feelings resulting in you being better able to make decisions that help you feel more authentic, truly expressing your deepest/highest sense of self, less stresssed, happier and more satisfied at the evolving sense of who it is you are most becoming.
It has been my pleasure and privilege over more than 26 years to accompany clients achieving ever deeper sense of their potential while feeling greater levels of happiness and fulfilment.
Appointments can be available Monday to Thursday afternoon and evening and Fridays can be negotiated.
Tel. 07752 888 477 / 01923 231 743
This mainly combines psychodynamic, person-centred and psychosynthesis
schools of therapy resulting in an integrative approach.
Psychosynthesis is concerned with the realisation of human potential and at the same time with the harmonisation of all elements of the personality.
Methods used can include creative visualisation, free-drawing, the training of the will, physical expression, writing, dis-identification and meditation.
Integrative counselling means drawing on and blending specific types of therapy. This allows the counsellor to explore an issue from a variety of distinct theoretical perspectives and uses concepts and techniques from each.
I am influenced and sustained by:
* Anglo-American citizenship,
* Russian ancestory,
* Judeo-Christian upbringing,
* and Buddhist spiritual traditions,
while equally comfortable working with those who do or do not have a religious faith or spiritual tradition.
People of all race, gender and sexual orientation are equally warmly welcomed into my practice.
WHAT RECENT CLIENTS HAVE SAID ABOUT WORKING WITH GREGOR:
"Thank you so much for all your hard and effective work, your unwavering support and constant attention. I am a much happier person."
"Thank you for all the support,warmth and goodwill, for your acceptance and being someone i could believe in with love and appreciation." Ms.H.M.
"I'm more accepting of myself and others."
"My spiritual side feels more developed which has brought calmness and steadied me."
"Thank you so much for all your hard and effective work, your unwavering support and constant attention". Mr.S.S
"A safe and compassionate professional". Ms.J.C.
"You were a kind,neutral, listening presence who shared and understood all that I am becoming."
"I feel a profound effect on all aspects of my life."
"I've discovered meditation and my own spiritual path."
"I've improved relationships with family and friends. I'm less needy and more self confident."
"The standard of Gregor's work is very high indeed. I trust his professionalism and dedication to his clients." Supervisor Mrs. O.A.
Training, qualifications & experience
* Albany Trust Psychosexual Counselling Agency, London
* Terrence Higgins Trust, HIV buddying and counselling
* London Switchboard Telephone Helpline
* New York City Telephone Helpline
* Ongoing continuing professional development via study, lecture, seminar, workshop
* Maintaining a daily meditation, yoga and exercise practice
* Clinical work with clients provide ongoing learning
QUALIFICATIONS AND ACCREDITATIONS
* Diploma in counselling . Westminster Pastoral Foundation.
* Certificate in HIV counselling . The Terrence Higgins Trust.
* Post-Graduate Therapeutic Diploma in Psychosynthesis,
The London Institute of Psychosynthesis.
* BACP Senior Accredited Member.
* United Kingdom Register of Independent Counsellors and Psychotherapists, Member.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Work related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
ADDITIONALLY I SPECIALISE WORKING WITH:
* Anger management
* Infancy and childhood abandonment
* Adoption issues
* Sexual identity and sexuality
* Lesbian and Gay affirmative practice
* Spiritual Unfolding
* Vocational and existential issues.
I'm happy to negotiate fees depending on what you can afford.
As a guide most people currently pay between £50 and £65 per 50 minute session.
Do contact me to negotiate a fee with which you will be comfortable.
Our first session will give us the opportunity to discuss your hopes and expectations and see what it would be like to work together.
Practice location is in WATFORD, HERTS.
Serving South Herts and North London area.
Excellent transport links, (M.1, M.25, A41) and easy car parking.
LONDON EUSTON 15 minutes express to Watford Junction. Seven Minutes walk from Watford Junction Station.
THANK YOU for taking time to read this far. Do feel free to give me a call if you feel I may be of help.
t. 01923 231743
m. 07752 888 477
And if you get the voicemail, do leave a brief message. I will call you back very soon.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon. to Thur. 2pm to 8pm Some Fri. apts. on request