Gregor H L Lurie, MBACP (Senior Accredited) UKRCP
Octavia Court Gardens
St Paul's Way
01923 231743 / 07752 888477
Is life very difficult for you right now? Are you worrying, feeling stressed and overwhelmed? Do you ache to feel more relaxed and less anxious? Are you dealing with sadness, worry, loneliness, loss of relationship? Is it hard to ask for help, and even more so when searching for a stranger to confide in and rely on?
I understand the anxiety that goes with this process for you and will do everything I can to make it as comfortable as possible. It has been my pleasure and privilege over more than 26 years to accompany clients achieving ever deeper sense of their potential while feeling greater levels of happiness and fulfillment. I believe I can help with my experience in helping many people with their unique healing journeys.
Growth and change occurs from within such a therapeutic relationship. I am told I am a warm and caring person, emphatic and down-to-earth which helps clients feel relaxed, comfortable, supported and understood. We will create a trusting therapy relationship which provides a safe, supportive, non-judgmental environment where you can fully express and explore yourself. We will also work to explore your life issues, identify new possibilities, to allow you to move forward in your life.
Essentially I can help you become more in touch with your thoughts and feelings resulting in you being better able to make decisions that help you feel more authentic, truly expressing your deepest/highest sense of self, less stressed, happier and more satisfied at the evolving sense of who it is you are most becoming.
This mainly combines psychodynamic, person-centred and psychosynthesis schools of therapy resulting in an integrative approach. Psychosynthesis is concerned with the realisation of human potential and at the same time with the harmonisation of all elements of the personality. Methods used can include creative visualisation, free-drawing, the training of the will, physical expression, writing, dis-identification and meditation.
Integrative counselling means drawing on and blending specific types of therapy. This allows the counsellor to explore an issue from a variety of distinct theoretical perspectives and uses concepts and techniques from each. I am influenced and sustained by Anglo-American citizenship, Russian ancestory, Judeo-Christian upbringing, and Buddhist spiritual traditions, while equally comfortable working with those who do or do not have a religious faith or spiritual tradition. People of all race, gender and sexual orientation are equally warmly welcomed into my practice.
Thank you for taking time to read this far. Do feel free to give me a call if you feel I may be of help, and if you get the voicemail, please leave a brief message, I will call you back very soon.
"Thank you so much for all your hard and effective work, your unwavering support and constant attention. I am a much happier person."
"Thank you for all the support,warmth and goodwill, for your acceptance and being someone i could believe in with love and appreciation."
"The standard of Gregor's work is very high indeed. I trust his professionalism and dedication to his clients."
"I've improved relationships with family and friends. I'm less needy and more self confident."
"You were a kind,neutral, listening presence who shared and understood all that I am becoming."
"A safe and compassionate professional".
Training, qualifications & experience
Qualifications and Accreditation:
- Diploma in Counselling - Westminster Pastoral Foundation
- Certificate in HIV Counselling -The Terrence Higgins Trust
- Post-Graduate Therapeutic Diploma in Psychosynthesis - The London Institute of Psychosynthesis
- BACP Senior Accredited Member
- UK Register of Independent Counsellors and Psychotherapists, Member
My Training Includes:
- Albany Trust Psychosexual Counselling Agency, London
- Terrence Higgins Trust, HIV buddying and counselling
- London Switchboard Telephone Helpline
- New York City Telephone Helpline
- Ongoing continuing professional development via study, lecture, seminar, workshop
- Maintaining a daily meditation, yoga and exercise practice
- Clinical work with clients provide ongoing learning
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Work related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Additionally, I specialise working with:
- Anger management
- Infancy and childhood abandonment
- Adoption issues
- Sexual identity and sexuality
- Lesbian and Gay affirmative practice
- Spiritual Unfolding
- Vocational and existential issues
I'm happy to negotiate fees depending on what you can afford. Our first session will give us the opportunity to discuss your hopes and expectations and see what it would be like to work together. Do contact me to negotiate a fee with which you will be comfortable.
- As a guide most people currently pay between £50 and £65 per 50 minute session.
Location / Access/ Transport - Excellent transport links, (M.1, M.25, A41) and easy car parking.
LONDON EUSTON 15 minutes express to Watford Junction. Seven Minutes walk from Watford Junction Station.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Thursday 2pm to 8pm
Some Fridays available, appointments on request.