Rebecca Davies MBACP & BPC
I work in W10 Notting Dale and EC1 Farringdon.
The therapy I offer is a place for you to talk in confidence about the anxieties and experiences trhat are troubling you.
Your feelings may be overwhelming, disturbing, complicated or confusing. Your relationships, work, home or family life may be affected by the troubles you have.
I believe that our environment, past experiences and an unknown or unconscious element to our lives shapes the feelings we have, the relationships we are in and the difficulties we encounter.
Bad experiences, change, loss and illness are just some factors that can be trigger feeling low or lonely, anxious or depressed. Sometimes feelings can seem as if they come from nowhere or old ways of thinking and acting can recur.
Talking, sharing and thinking in therapy with me has the potential to open up different ways of feeling and then different ways of living.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I am a registered, professional member of the BACP (British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists, and accredited by BPC (British Psychoanalytic Council). I adhere to their strict professional guidelines and ethical codes of clinical practice.
- I trained & qualified as a psychodynamic psychotherapist at WPF Therapy. I have a Post Graduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy Theory and Practice
- I have a BA Hons. degree in English & Psychology and a PGCE
- I have worked at WPF Therapy in assessments of patients
- I am an accredited counsellor for the Foundation for Infant Loss
- I have worked for the Samaritans, in the NHS as well as corporate and educational settings.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Career counselling
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
- I respond promptly to your enquiry by phone or email.
- Your first appointment with me is an initial consultation which can last between an hour to an hour and a half. My fee for the initial consultation is £100.
- I would then offer you a regular, weekly (or twice weekly) session of 50 minutes at the same time every week.
- My session fee in EC1 is between £65-70
- My session fee in W10 is £65
- I can offer reduced fees
My consulting room in W10 is minutes from Latimer Road tube station, close to Ladbroke Grove, Shepherds Bush, Notting Hill, Holland Park and Wood Lane.
My practice in EC1 is minutes from Farringdon and Chancery Lane stations. It is close to Clerkenwell Road, Roseberry Avenue, Leather Lane, Exmouth Market and Kings Cross.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have availability in EC1 in the evenings
Types of client